Gifts for the Lemon Lover
You may have seen a few mentions lately about some of our favorite small businesses on our social media accounts. We are a small business and those of us behind the scenes here at (seed) are wholly supportive of shopping with our fellow small business owners. There are really so many incredible businesses out there and I'm sharing some favorites today!
First of all, I have mentioned here before that I adore lemon. Lemon bars, lemon meringue pie, lemon essential oil -- you name it; if it is lemon, I am a fan. I am quite sure that many of you love lemon, too, so I am here to share some of my most favorite lemon-themed items this holiday season.
Lemon Gift Ideas
1. I mentioned my love of lemon sweet treats, and I'd love to point you in the direction of Effie's Homemade. It's a Seed favorite business and they have a delicious recipe on their website for Lemon Tart in a Corncake Crust. Make this for a favorite neighbor and take it over for a special treat that will be truly appreciated!
2. Loose leaf tea also makes a lovely gift. If you are a lemon fan, I personally recommend the Lemon Ginger Green Tea from Tealightful. It has lemongrass, orange peel, ginger and lemon peel and is quite fabulous!
3. Seed Lemonade Lip Oil from the Seed Naturally Fun collection is not just for kids, but also kids at heart. This nourishing oil is a treat for your lips -- and your senses -- with real lemon oil. In addition, your lips will be nourished with pumpkin seed oil, grape seed, jojoba, sunflower, raspberry seed and more. It's a favorite for everyone!
4. Create your own Custom Blend right here at Seed! Be a "mixologist" and create a blend in your choice of boy lotion, lip oil, body oil or body wash for that special someone. A couple of suggestions with Lemon Essential Oil:
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Do you still use shaving cream from the drugstore?
Take a look at the back of the canister when you use it next time. Chances are, Triethanolamine and Propane are near the top of the ingredients listing.
- Triethanolamine is an emulsifier and pH adjuster; can be especially hazardous when combined with Diazolidinyl Urea. Studies have shown that a large number of cosmetics with TEA (short for Triethanolamine) are contaminated with Nitrosamines, which are carcinogenic. (source)
- Propane, a hydrocarbon, is a propellant. It helps give the product its mousse-like fluffy foam. It is extremely sensitizing to the lungs in moderate doses. It can be highly irritating to the skin, nasal passages and mucus membranes. More than 6,500 studies have been conducted on propane. It is a skin, lung, and eye irritant. (source)
We have shared many "hacks" using our products over the years. Before we had lip products, Rebecca would apply our body cream to her chapped lips. Before we came out with facial care, I used our fragrance free hand cream on dry patches. I use fragrance free body oil on my eye lashes to keep them shiny and as a cuticle oil, too.
Can Seed products be used on the hair? Yes, absolutely!
Our friend, Tori, uses our Soft Balm on her hair and Susan, one of our valued customers, shares this about our Body Oil:
"You should really include in your summary that this wonderful product is also amazingly healing for dry, brittle and frizzy hair! It has made a remarkable difference where no other product has. Thank you for commitment for excellence!"
Let's take a look at why people keep sharing their love of Seed for helping improve the look and condition of their hair.
Let's call this one Face Washing for Beginners - or maybe Face Washing 101. Sound silly? On the surface, it likely sounds ridiculous, but the fact is that most people are not washing their face the right way.
The way that you wash your face has a direct impact on the appearance of your skin. We're here to share 5 tips for better face washing.