The Many Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon is one of my personal favorites when we are talking about Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. It just evokes a feeling of happiness, brightness & clarity. I don't know about you, but I just love lemon -- lemon desserts, lemon tea & a nice cold glass of lemonade on a warm day. Lemon Essential Oil deserves some attention, as it is very beneficial.
Lemon oil is distilled from the rind of a lemon. It has a familiar, strong citrus aroma. The scent is very refreshing and smells just like the fruit after you have cut into it and peeled it.
Fun Fact -- It takes ONE TON of lemons to yield six pounds of the essential oil.
Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil
- Do you have a hard time making decisions? Lemon is often thought of as the "rational" oil, as it may help with clarity and decision-making.
- A study in Japan revealed that the simple scent of lemons can help you perform tasks more accurately. In fact, it showed that typing errors were reduced by more than 50% when lemon essential oil was diffused throughout a busy office environment.
- Lemon essential oil is also antibacterial, so it may help with wound healing.
- In skin care, lemon may be beneficial for those with acne prevention. Additionally, it is a wonderful ingredient to help with lightening of brown spots without using harmful ingredients like hydroquinone.
- Lemon may also provide anti-inflammatory properties.
- If you have tummy troubles, lemon may ease digestive issues.
- Another benefit of lemon essential oil? Did you know that you can use lemon to clean? Yes! Just add lemon to help freshen and deodorize.
Limited Edition Lemon Lotion
For the rest of July only, we have a special body lotion for lemon lovers. Our Pure Lemon Body Lotion features 100% natural lemon essential oil and is in the lotion formula you know and love. It is refreshing, bright, summery and smells amazing. Did we mention that it is full of good for you (and your skin, of course!) ingredients?
Oils that blend well with Lemon Essential Oil
There are so many other essential oils that go nicely with lemon. I personally adore lavender and lemon-- perhaps because I happened to find a wonderful recipe for lavender lemonade and just enjoy that combination because of it.
May we also suggest?
- Palmarosa essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Orange essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Clary Sage essential oil
Are you going to be a mixologist and create your own CUSTOM BLEND with Seed? Share your blend in the comments section! We'd love to hear what blends you are coming up with. The possibilities are nearly endless!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Vitamin E is one of the most well-known antioxidants used in skin care. While it is common knowledge that Vitamin E is useful for the skin, many people are unaware of why it is beneficial. On the Seed blog today, we are sharing the clinical science behind Vitamin E and skin care, as well as ways it will help improve the appearance of your skin.
What is Vitamin E?
Vitamin E is a powerful fat-soluble antioxidant that can help repair damaged cells. Naturally occurring Vitamin E includes eight different isoforms. These include alpha-, beta-, gamma-, and delta- tocopherol and alpha-, beta-, gamma-, and delta- tocotienol.
Vitamin E is one of the most studied skin vitamins because it was discovered so long ago. In fact, it was back in the early 1920s when Berkeley biologists Dr. Herbert Evans and Dr. Katherine Bishop made the discovery.
In the field of skin care, Vitamin E has been used for more than half a century -- and with good reason.