Lemon is one of my personal favorites when we are talking about Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. It just evokes a feeling of happiness, brightness & clarity. I don't know about you, but I just love lemon -- lemon desserts, lemon tea & a nice cold glass of lemonade on a warm day. Lemon Essential Oil deserves some attention, as it is very beneficial.
Lemon oil is distilled from the rind of a lemon. It has a familiar, strong citrus aroma. The scent is very refreshing and smells just like the fruit after you have cut into it and peeled it.
Fun Fact -- It takes ONE TON of lemons to yield six pounds of the essential oil.
Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil
- Do you have a hard time making decisions? Lemon is often thought of as the "rational" oil, as it may help with clarity and decision-making.
- A study in Japan revealed that the simple scent of lemons can help you perform tasks more accurately. In fact, it showed that typing errors were reduced by more than 50% when lemon essential oil was diffused throughout a busy office environment.
- Lemon essential oil is also antibacterial, so it may help with wound healing.
- In skin care, lemon may be beneficial for those with acne prevention. Additionally, it is a wonderful ingredient to help with lightening of brown spots without using harmful ingredients like hydroquinone.
- Lemon may also provide anti-inflammatory properties.
- If you have tummy troubles, lemon may ease digestive issues.
- Another benefit of lemon essential oil? Did you know that you can use lemon to clean? Yes! Just add lemon to help freshen and deodorize.
Oils that blend well with Lemon Essential Oil
There are so many other essential oils that go nicely with lemon. I personally adore lavender and lemon-- perhaps because I happened to find a wonderful recipe for lavender lemonade and just enjoy that combination because of it.
May we also suggest?
- Palmarosa essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Orange essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Clary Sage essential oil
Are you going to be a mixologist and create your own CUSTOM BLEND with (seed)? Share your blend in the comments section! We'd love to hear what blends you are coming up with. The possibilities are nearly endless!