What will you be missing out on when you switch from your drugstore toner to Seed?
Many toners contain harsh ingredients including Isopropyl Alcohol and Acetone. This may help explain why many drugstore toners have such a harsh odor.
- We know that there are, indeed, beneficial alcohols for the skin. Cetyl and cetearyl alcohol, for example, are lipids that are great skin emollients. Isopropyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat and SD Alcohol 40 are among the harshest alcohols in skin care. They strip and irritate and provide no real benefits.
- Acetone is a solvent. It can thin paint and is the leading ingredient in most nail polish removers. It does not belong in your face toner.
So while you may be "missing out" on those ingredients, Seed switches out the bad stuff and gives you natural, plant distillates and aloe vera to soothe, refresh, and balance skin pH.
Let's Compare. The toner label below features both acetone and isopropyl alcohol, in addition to synthetic fragrance and a host of dyes.
Active: 2% Salicylic Acid. Inactive: Acetone, Benzalkonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Isopropyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Red 40 (CI 16035), Water (Aqua), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)
Ingredients in Seed:
Lemon Balm: Aqua (Water), Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Distillate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone
Cucumber: Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Distillate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone
Did we mention it has a handy dandy one step dispenser? It's true -- and it is oh so easy to use!
How to use Seed Advanced Botanicals Toner:
1. Wash your face with your favorite Seed Advanced Botanicals Daily Cleanser. Rinse clean.
2. Now it's time to tone.We offer 2 formulas: Lemon Balm or Cucumber. Lift the cap to your toner bottle. Using either a cotton pad or cotton ball, gently press down 1 to 2 pumps. This automatically dispenses your toner and you won't have to worry about oversaturating your cotton -- nor do you have to worry about spilling if you accidentally knock your bottle over. Hey, it happens to all of us.
3. Gently sweep the cotton over your face. Toner helps to balance skin pH, plus it soothes and calms the skin using plant distillates.
4. Toss out your used cotton ball, flip the top back on, and moisturize! Easy peasy!
5. One more thing -- did you know that another advantage to our convenient dispenser is that it helps to keep out germs and air? That's a major plus!