The Skin Care Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil
Let's talk about the benefits of one of the plant ingredients we use in our new Aging Beautifully Face Serum: Hemp Seed Oil.
First of all, Hemp Seed Oil is an often misunderstood ingredient in skin care. We're going to share what Hemp Seed Oil is and you'll quickly see why we chose this ingredient in our specially blended oil-based serum.
What is Hemp Seed Oil?
Hemp Seed Oil (Cannabis Sativa) is derived from the seeds of the hemp plant.This cannabis plant is cultivated for non-drug use and has no psychoactive effects. In other words, NO, you can't get high on Hemp Seed Oil.
- Hemp Seed Oil is hydrating, thanks to its abundance of omega fatty acids, including omegas 3, 6, and 9, all of which have benefits -- from being anti-inflammatory to being skin protective.
- Hemp Seed Oil is skin soothing and helps reduce redness and inflammation and is gentle enough for sensitive skin types.
- Hemp Seed Oil is also a beneficial oil for those with acne prone skin because it helps to regulate sebum production and is not known to aggravate acneic skin.
- This skin balancing oil also helps to plump dull, tired skin.
- Known for its subtle tightening benefits, Hemp Seed Oil may help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and does so naturally.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
What is Seed Aging Beautifully Face Serum?
Is it a serum? Is it an oil?
Well, this is an oil-based face serum. Seed Aging Beautifully Face Serum combines 100% plant-based ingredients - like Argan and Rosehip Seed Oil - to help seal in moisture without feeling heavy or greasy.
Our facial oil serum can be used alone or over your moisturizer. It features a blend of oils to hydrate, balance, and address skin concerns such as loss of elasticity, dullness or skin dryness. Oils tend to be protective, boost skin hydration, and can help tackle a loss of skin firmness. Depending on the oils used -- and this is the case with our oil blend -- it may even help those with oily and acne prone skin types.
Wait. Don't you put this on under a moisturizer?
Great question! Read on...
Did you know that having a skin care ritual is one way to engage in self care?
According to Houston dermatologist Dr. Reena Jogi, “When you do a skin care routine, you’re usually alone, in your bathroom or somewhere quiet, and it’s just you and the mirror. There’s something slightly meditative about just sitting there and taking that 10 minutes just for you.”
We've talked about the skin care benefits of having a consistent routine here on the blog before, but that actual routine has far greater benefits that reach beyond a glowing complexion.
Argan oil is one of the most promising -- and most proven -- ingredients in skin care. While it is not a new ingredient, it is an important one which has stood the test of time.
Today we're sharing 5 key benefits of this oil. Although it is not as well known as coconut oil or jojoba oil, argan is truly a special oil.
Argan oil, found in both Seed Soft Balm and Seed Advanced Botanicals Extra Moisturizing Face Cream, contains more antioxidant and cell regenerative properties than olive oil, grape seed oil and avocado oil combined.