Skin Care as a Form of Self Care
Did you know that having a skin care ritual is one way to engage in self care? Now, more than ever, self care is essential. We are in an unprecedented time.
According to Houston dermatologist Dr. Reena Jogi, “When you do a skin care routine, you’re usually alone, in your bathroom or somewhere quiet, and it’s just you and the mirror. There’s something slightly meditative about just sitting there and taking that 10 minutes just for you.”
We've talked about the skin care benefits of having a consistent routine here on the blog before, but that actual routine has far greater benefits that reach beyond a glowing complexion.
Why is self care important?
One way to look at self care is to treat yourself as kindly as you treat others. Our inner voice often talks to us in a way that we would never, ever speak to a friend. When we pause and show ourselves kindness and grace, it has a positive impact on our emotional well being. This can result in a more positive attitude, improved relationships, increased productivity, and better overall health.
How is your skin care routine a form of self care?
Have you ever felt like your skin care routine is nothing more than a chore? You feel as though you are compelled to do it? If so, change your perspective a bit. Your skin care routine can easily become part of your self care routine if you ENJOY it.
Not only do your morning and evening skin care routines have visible benefits in terms of healthier, glowing looking skin, they can also be very therapeutic.
- You can focus on yourself for a few moments. It's just you and your products and you are taking a break from everything life throws at you.
- A skin care ritual allows you to be in touch with your senses -- the feel of a product on your skin, the aroma of pure essential oils (if you have chosen them), the act of massaging a face cream or face wash into your face. Skin care is a sensory experience.
- A routine in itself is a form of relaxation to many, because it is something you are familiar with a know what to expect. The cleanse, tone, moisturize ritual is something that you know you can count on to start your day and end your evening.
For more self care tips, check out this blog post.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
What is Seed Aging Beautifully Face Serum?
Is it a serum? Is it an oil?
Well, this is an oil-based face serum. Seed Aging Beautifully Face Serum combines 100% plant-based ingredients - like Argan and Rosehip Seed Oil - to help seal in moisture without feeling heavy or greasy.
Our facial oil serum can be used alone or over your moisturizer. It features a blend of oils to hydrate, balance, and address skin concerns such as loss of elasticity, dullness or skin dryness. Oils tend to be protective, boost skin hydration, and can help tackle a loss of skin firmness. Depending on the oils used -- and this is the case with our oil blend -- it may even help those with oily and acne prone skin types.
Wait. Don't you put this on under a moisturizer?
Great question! Read on...
Hemp Seed Oil (Cannabis Sativa) is derived from the seeds of the hemp plant.This cannabis plant is cultivated for non-drug use and has no psychoactive effects. In other words, NO, you can't get high on Hemp Seed Oil.
- Hemp Seed Oil is hydrating, thanks to its abundance of omega fatty acids, including omegas 3, 6, and 9, all of which have benefits -- from being anti-inflammatory to being skin protective.
- Hemp Seed Oil is skin soothing and helps reduce redness and inflammation and is gentle enough for sensitive skin types.
- Hemp Seed Oil is also a beneficial oil for those with acne prone skin
Argan oil is one of the most promising -- and most proven -- ingredients in skin care. While it is not a new ingredient, it is an important one which has stood the test of time.
Today we're sharing 5 key benefits of this oil. Although it is not as well known as coconut oil or jojoba oil, argan is truly a special oil.
Argan oil, found in both Seed Soft Balm and Seed Advanced Botanicals Extra Moisturizing Face Cream, contains more antioxidant and cell regenerative properties than olive oil, grape seed oil and avocado oil combined.