Monthly Roundup: What's Trending in Industry News?
Today on the Seed blog: it's the Monthly Roundup. Our Roundup comes near the beginning of each month when I examine the most recently trending stories of interest on the subjects of beauty, skin care, health and wellness, aromatherapy, and more.
So what's trending right now?
- The FDA has concerns over ingredients in hand sanitizers, prompting an investigation. The FDA is taking a deeper look at three key ingredients found in hand sanitizers and hand cleansing wipes because of concerns that they may be harmful to pregnant woman and children. The ingredients in question are ethanol (or ethyl alcohol), isopropyl alcohol and benzalkonium chloride. The last time the FDA reviewed these antiseptic ingredients was in the 1970s, so a closer look is warranted as we are now able to take a closer look at how ingredients may have a health impact. At Seed, rest assured we use NONE of these ingredients. We are very transparent about the healthy ingredient we use and fully disclose them on our website. Additionally, our ingredients (and their scores) can be found in the Skin Deep Database.
Interest in natural skin care and anti-aging products continues to grow. Mintel, a global leader in the market research arena, reports that there is a growing interest in natural ingredients in facial care because lifestyle trends tend to carry over into personal care. In other words, when people are more interested about healthy eating, mindfulness, stress reduction and self care, they are more inclined to let that interest in "clean" and healthy living be what they are seeking in terms of ingredients. Says Shannon Romanowski at Mintel, "Consumers are embracing healthy, holistic living, and our research shows that these lifestyle changes are driving the facial skincare and anti-aging market."
Consumers want to have personalized product recommendations and customized products, say researchers at Kline. At Seed, we understand and we agree! If you haven't shopped with us in recent months, you are missing out! Did you know that we have Custom Blend products? Yes, we do! Choose your product and then choose your own blend of 100% pure essential oils. Need help? No problem. We have our own expert Mixologist on staff who will help you find the PERFECT blend of essential oils based on your scent preferences and skin care needs. Just email her at mixologist [at] seedbodycare.com and she'll be happy to assist.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
We cannot believe that it's already the second week of December. While the calendar technically still says Autumn, your skin is likely showing the effects of winter temperatures.
With the changing seasons comes a need to adjust your skin care routine a bit.
Winter is the ideal time to repair and renew your skin. The long, hot summer temperatures -- and extra sun exposure that you experienced -- likely did a bit of damage to your skin, so now is your opportunity to do a bit of repair and prep your complexion for the winter months ahead.Here at Seed, we are sharing our expert tips for soft, healthy looking skin all winter long.
Still having a hard time finding the perfect gift for the holidays? No need to look any further, because our limited-edition Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream is just what you've been looking for.
It can be difficult choosing body care for people. Many people find scented products to be too strong. In fact, artificial fragrance is linked to everything from allergies and asthma to chronic headaches. Our body creams are scented only with 100% natural essential oils and are subtle and beautiful. There is something so very special about this particular body cream.
It's like a comforting cup of tea.
Not only is the formula pure luxury with its decadent, rich texture, but the ingredients sink right in to pamper even the driest of skin types. Enriched with sunflower seed oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, shea butter, antioxidant green tea, and more, our cream makes your skin feel as smooth as satin. Did we mention the aroma of the pure oils? It is honestly like a cup of herbal lemon ginger tea. It is comforting and warm, spicy and a bit tart. It is just stunning. Treat yourself -- or someone you love -- to Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream from Seed.
Did you know that this cold, dry winter weather can have a major impact on your skin care routine? Our friends near the Great Lakes are seeing significant amounts of snowfall. My friend Lauren in West Seneca, New York has more than five FEET of snow. Let’s take a look at the low humidity and frigid temperatures affect your skin.
Itchiness and a tight feeling are common skin issues related to dry air, but there are some skin care tips you can use to help tackle the problem.
- Be gentle on your skin. When you dry off after bathing, be sure to pat your skin dry. Don’t rub.
- Always follow your shower or bath with a rich cream layered over body oil.
- Look for cream formulations instead of lotions and fluids for facial hydration.
- Avoid ingredients such as alcohol and sulfates, which will cause more dryness.