Rosemary essential oil (rosmarinus officinalis) is distilled from the flowers, leaves and buds of rosemary. Its aroma is familiar -- woody and fresh. It is multifaceted, so you'll notice it's also sweet and camphorous. Speaking of camphorous, there is a medical study we're sharing below relating to the camphorous quality of rosemary.
Why is it so beneficial? Let's learn more!
Rosemary is perhaps the best essential oil in terms of its ability to fight free radicals. Multiple studies have been done to examine rosemary and its role as a powerful antioxidant.
- A study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry demonstrated that rosemary is both a potent anti-fungal and anti-microbial agent.
- Feeling forgetful? Rosemary is often used as a memory aid.
- This essential oil can help to stimulate blood flow and increase blood pressure for those with hypotension (low blood pressure).
- A 2007 study published in Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine showed that rosemary may be beneficial at fighting fungal infections, gram-positive bacteria and drug-resistant infections.
- Could rosemary be effective at age-fighting? Maybe! According to a new study published in Phototherapy Research just a few short weeks ago, the camphorous components of essential oils including rosemary, may hold an important key to anti-aging. The study showed elastase activity slowed down, while the total amount of collagen went up. Elastese activity slowing down is a great thing, as this process degrades the extracellular matrix and makes us look older. If we can slow that down process AND increase collagen levels, it will potentially ward off signs of skin aging.
What blends well with Rosemary?
- Lavender essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Ginger essential oil
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Clary sage essential oil
Seed Beneficial Blends featuring Rosemary Essential Oil:
If you are exhibiting some of the traits of a Negative Nellie or are more of a glass-half-empty kind of person, then you may want to try our On the Bright Side blend in any of our custom blend options. Grapefruit essential oil has been used for many years to promote antidepressant properties & raises the spirits. Rosemary essential oil may help improve memory while increasing clarity. Peppermint is cooling and may act as a physical and mental stimulant.
Sometimes you just need to clear your mind and focus. Our Concentration Blend, featuring three oils noted for their clarity properties, is the perfect solution. Rosemary may improve memory, while peppermint stimulates mental activity and lemon is a gentle pick-me-up.
Kiss that headache goodbye! Spritz on Headache Soother recipe Body Oil, massage it in, and get on with your day. Peppermint is often used in aromatherapy to soothe headache discomfort. Rosemary adds natural pain relief *Headache Soother blend is not a substitute for medical attention or advice