When you're checking out our Custom Blends menu, you'll notice that Palmarosa is one of the options. Palmarosa is quite possibly one of the lesser known essential oils, but it is really a special one. Fun note: in the (seed) quiz to determine your ideal essential oil, my own quiz shows that Palmarosa is the oil for me.
Distilled from palmarosa leaves, 100% pure palmarosa essential oil (Cymbopogon Martinii) features a sweet, floral, rose-like aroma. Traditionally, palmarosa essential oil has been used to clear the mind and combat nervous physical exhaustion. Medical research has also found it to have antibacterial properties.
4 facts about Palmarosa
- Palmarosa is also known as Turkish Geranium.
- The Palmarosa plant was given its name because of its scent being so similar to Rose.
- Palmarosa is part of the Lemongrass genus.
- Palmarosa is often used to naturally repel insects.
Skin benefits of Palmarosa
- May help to treat conditions such as psoriasis and eczema
- Moisturizes the skin
- Those with acne may see an improvement using palmarosa
- May help to treat fungal infections of the skin
What should I blend with Palmarosa? Try:
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Ylang Ylang essential oil
- Coriander essential oil
- Clary Sage essential oil