Orange! It's one of my favorite essential oils. In fact, it's a hit for many because of it's sweet aroma and familiarity. It's a favorite of all ages, too, and that is one reason you will find it in our brand new Orange Dream Lip Oil from (seed).
It's also one of the available essential oils for our new Custom Blends line. It makes for a great start to the day in a body wash-- it invigorates the senses and makes me feel happy on a cloudy morning!
Aside from being uplifting, there are many other benefits of Orange Essential Oil. Let's learn more.
- Distilled from orange rinds, 100% pure orange essential oil (Citrus Sinensis) features a citrusy, sweet aroma.
- Orange essential oil is noted for its antidepressant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Medical research has shown benefits in reducing anxiety. In fact, there was a study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine in 2012 that showed Sweet Orange Oil can help reduce anxiety levels and promote relaxation.
- If your skin is looking dull, orange can brighten a lackluster appearance
- Orange is such a versatile oil in skin care, as it can benefit nearly everyone.
- Oily skin types will adore Orange because it has astringent properties and may help to absorb excess sebum.
- Dry skin types will like this oil because it is hydrating an soothing to parched skin.
May we suggest the following oils for your Custom Blends?
Try blending Orange Essential Oil with Ginger, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Peppermint, Clary Sage & Coriander. What blend will you create? We'd love to hear your plans in the comments section below.