Custom Blends Are Here!
On Thursday, (seed) launched Custom Blends! We are the first body care company to offer a personalized line of naturally plant-based products.
This new collection is truly a big deal. It's almost magical! Picture yourself in front of your favorite body care product, clicking your heels together, and having your very own, unique product of your own design pop up before you. We are allowing you to create YOUR OWN UNIQUE products! No, it is not magic. It's close, though!
Here's how you become the mixologist of your unique line:
1) Start with (seed)’s naturally plant-based, ultra-effective products.
2) Choose your favorite essential oils (up to three to blend per product)
3) Enjoy healthy, customized body care every day.
That's right. You tell us what you'd like and we will personally blend your product just for you and pop it in the mail after we create your special blend. Sounds good, doesn't it? It is.
What Can I Blend?
Our custom blends are currently available in our Lip Oil, Body Oil and new Body Wash.
You can create over 1000 (yep, that's over ONE THOUSAND) different blends! If you have never blended oils, though, you may be unsure of where to begin.
- Choose up to three essential oils per product. To make a scent really stand out, stick to one or two essential oils in each Custom Blend. You definitely can combine three and still have the benefits of all three, but it is important to note that it will likely be more difficult to detect each specific aroma.
- If you are unfamiliar with the essential oils, simply click on each oil for info on the scent profile, benefits & recommended oils to blend with
- Take a super quick, 7 question Essential Oil Quiz. Just answer the questions and it will recommend an oil for you, as well as suggested oils to go along with it. My own quiz revealed Palmarosa to be my personal Essential Oil.
- Find inspiration in our 54 second video from Vimeo. It's right over this section of the post. Take a look!
- Expecting a bundle of joy? Congratulations! Before using essential oils, just check with your doctor to be sure he or she approves of them while pregnant.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Summer is officially here! After a long, very unusual spring, it is nice to get outside and relax in the summer sun.
I love the feeling of soaking up the rays, but sun smarts are essential for your skin.
The sun's UV rays can greatly impact the condition of the skin. While sitting with our faces toward the sun makes us feel so good, it is important to remember that we have to be vigilant about our sun care.
My 25 year background in skin care has shown me just how important protecting our skin from UVA and UVB rays truly is. I practice what I preach. I wear sunscreen. I moisturize. I remove my makeup at night.
I am human, though, and I make mistakes. Yesterday was one of those days. It was unusually hot here. I finished up my work after lunch and noticed that the outside temperature was 96 degrees. I was skimming the pool and made sure to put on more sunscreen before jumping in.
I was so comfortable just floating on my raft. Floating around just relaxing felt so good! I planned to be in the water for about an hour when my 14 year old jumped in. We had a blast playing baseball with a beach ball and pool noodle, making a whirlpool, and playing games. If you have a teenager, you will understand what a treat it is to enjoy one on one time just having fun with that child who normally would rather be doing something else. This extra time together during the pandemic has been a gift, because there is much more family time. We had so much fun — and before I knew it, I had been in the water for nearly three hours.
I was careful to reapply my sunscreen everywhere — but I neglected my back. And boy did I learn my lesson. I now have a blistering sunburn on about 40% of my back and it is incredibly painful. In addition to being concerned about the potential for lasting damage and cellular changes done to my skin, I am finding it hard to get comfortable. This was preventable, though.
I cannot change yesterday’s mistake, but I can help alleviate the pain and I thought I would share how you can, too, should you finding yourself in need of some sunburn relief.