Custom Blends Are Here!
On Thursday, (seed) launched Custom Blends! We are the first body care company to offer a personalized line of naturally plant-based products.
This new collection is truly a big deal. It's almost magical! Picture yourself in front of your favorite body care product, clicking your heels together, and having your very own, unique product of your own design pop up before you. We are allowing you to create YOUR OWN UNIQUE products! No, it is not magic. It's close, though!
Here's how you become the mixologist of your unique line:
1) Start with (seed)’s naturally plant-based, ultra-effective products.
2) Choose your favorite essential oils (up to three to blend per product)
3) Enjoy healthy, customized body care every day.
That's right. You tell us what you'd like and we will personally blend your product just for you and pop it in the mail after we create your special blend. Sounds good, doesn't it? It is.
What Can I Blend?
Our custom blends are currently available in our Lip Oil, Body Oil and new Body Wash.
You can create over 1000 (yep, that's over ONE THOUSAND) different blends! If you have never blended oils, though, you may be unsure of where to begin.
- Choose up to three essential oils per product. To make a scent really stand out, stick to one or two essential oils in each Custom Blend. You definitely can combine three and still have the benefits of all three, but it is important to note that it will likely be more difficult to detect each specific aroma.
- If you are unfamiliar with the essential oils, simply click on each oil for info on the scent profile, benefits & recommended oils to blend with
- Take a super quick, 7 question Essential Oil Quiz. Just answer the questions and it will recommend an oil for you, as well as suggested oils to go along with it. My own quiz revealed Palmarosa to be my personal Essential Oil.
- Find inspiration in our 54 second video from Vimeo. It's right over this section of the post. Take a look!
- Expecting a bundle of joy? Congratulations! Before using essential oils, just check with your doctor to be sure he or she approves of them while pregnant.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
What are the benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil?
- Naturally refreshing, peppermint is one of the more uplifting essential oils.
- There is natural menthol in peppermint to provide skin with cooling sensation.
- Peppermint is noted for its ability to bring about clarity. In fact, there was a 2008 study in the International Journal of Neuroscience with some really impressing results concerning peppermint. The study showed that peppermint increases mental alertness and can enhance memory.
We've talked about common beauty buzzwords before. Terms like hypoallergenic, natural, and chemical-free are thrown around without having much meaning at all. In fact, there is no regulation of these terms and they can be used to make the product more enticing without any repercussions.
One of the most commonly used buzzwords in beauty and skin care is "Non-Comedogenic".
The medical definition of comedogenic is tending to clog pores especially by the formation of blackheads. Non-comedogenic, in skin care speak, implies that a product will not block pores, leading to acne breakouts. It's a term slapped on product bottles with wild abandon in the beauty industry.
Baths are steeped in tradition, from heated baths in Rome to enjoying cool baths in Scandinavia. Most of us associate baths as being either for young children or for those taking long, pampering bubble baths for those rare "take me away" experiences. There are many health benefits to enjoying a bath, though.
1. Taking a warm bath at night can help you get a better sleep.
Once you have stepped into your warm bath, you immediately feel calmer and more relaxed. Did you know that science tells us there is another reason baths help you feel a bit better, though? Do you know that cooler feeling you experience stepping out of the tub, leaving the warm water behind? When that colder air hits your skin, your brain releases something you may have heard of before: Melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that helps to lull you off to Dream Land a bit more easily.