Custom Blends Are Here!
On Thursday, (seed) launched Custom Blends! We are the first body care company to offer a personalized line of naturally plant-based products.
This new collection is truly a big deal. It's almost magical! Picture yourself in front of your favorite body care product, clicking your heels together, and having your very own, unique product of your own design pop up before you. We are allowing you to create YOUR OWN UNIQUE products! No, it is not magic. It's close, though!
Here's how you become the mixologist of your unique line:
1) Start with (seed)’s naturally plant-based, ultra-effective products.
2) Choose your favorite essential oils (up to three to blend per product)
3) Enjoy healthy, customized body care every day.
That's right. You tell us what you'd like and we will personally blend your product just for you and pop it in the mail after we create your special blend. Sounds good, doesn't it? It is.
What Can I Blend?
Our custom blends are currently available in our Lip Oil, Body Oil and new Body Wash.
You can create over 1000 (yep, that's over ONE THOUSAND) different blends! If you have never blended oils, though, you may be unsure of where to begin.
- Choose up to three essential oils per product. To make a scent really stand out, stick to one or two essential oils in each Custom Blend. You definitely can combine three and still have the benefits of all three, but it is important to note that it will likely be more difficult to detect each specific aroma.
- If you are unfamiliar with the essential oils, simply click on each oil for info on the scent profile, benefits & recommended oils to blend with
- Take a super quick, 7 question Essential Oil Quiz. Just answer the questions and it will recommend an oil for you, as well as suggested oils to go along with it. My own quiz revealed Palmarosa to be my personal Essential Oil.
- Find inspiration in our 54 second video from Vimeo. It's right over this section of the post. Take a look!
- Expecting a bundle of joy? Congratulations! Before using essential oils, just check with your doctor to be sure he or she approves of them while pregnant.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Are petrolatum-based balms the key to soft lips?
What is the first thing most people reach for when their lips are feeling dry? If you answered the traditional balm for chapped lips sold at the drugstore, you're right. Unfortunately, a crude oil-derived balm is not the best choice.
It's a common misconception that these balms help deliver moisture to the lips.
Here's what Dr. Mauro C. Rumita, who specializes in esthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery says on the subject: "Contrary to what most people believe, [some] don't hydrate the lips. Instead, they seal moisture out, so lips can't absorb it."
Do you need a physical barrier like a balm can provide? Yes, in certain situations. If you are outdoors a lot and exposed to the elements, it would be best to consider a natural balm to give your lips a layer of protection from Mother Nature. While a balm does not deliver moisture into the lips, it does protect.
Our plant based Seed Soft Balm protects without the most common ingredient found in lip balm: petrolatum. Not familiar with petrolatum? Here is a link to more information from the Skin Deep Database. It includes petrolatum's common synonyms, including "mineral grease." I don't know about you, but I don't want that on my lips.
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, occasional anxiety is normal. Don't we all feel anxious around the holidays, for example? Children often feel anxious at the beginning of the new school year or the night before a big test. It's normal. I think any one of us can relate to that feeling.
But, then there are times when anxiety is more than a fleeting feeling. We're friends here. I've been sharing with you here on the Seed blog for several years. I've talked about everything from acne break outs to thoughts on skin aging. I think sometimes that it is therapeutic to write things down. If anything, I hope that sharing can help others.
Do you struggle with getting a good night's sleep? You may need to improve your sleep hygiene.
Sleep hygiene? Is that even real? Yes, it's a real thing! The National Sleep Foundation defines sleep hygiene as "a variety of different practices and habits that are necessary to have good nighttime sleep quality and full daytime alertness."
So, just what are some of these better practices and habits?