Let's talk about one of my favorite fruits -- the avocado (yes, it's a fruit!)
From a nutritional standpoint, you may be familiar with the health benefits of avocados. They are considered a "good fat" and have gained growing popularity over the years.
In beauty and skin care, though, avocado oil is a truly underrated ingredient. Find out why we use this ingredient in Seed Lip Oil; it really is a lovely oil!
5 Benefits of Avocado Oil
- Avocado oil is antioxidant rich -- Abundant in protective antioxidants, avocado oil contains Vitamins A, D, and E. You want those antioxidants, especially since your lips are always exposed to the sun, cold weather, and environmental debris.
- Avocado oil is skin softening -- Avocado oil contains a substance called sterolin, which helps to give the lips a supple feeling, which is why it is ideal in a lip oil.
- Avocado oil is fast absorbing -- This is a reason we love this plant-based ingredient for our lip oils. Traditional lip treatments are full of beeswax and petrolatum which both sit atop the skin. They cannot actually penetrate and provide any real benefits the way avocado oil can.
- Avocado oil is said to speed wound healing -- This is especially important this time of year when lips become chapped, flaky and sore.
- Avocado oil can make your lips look fuller -- I confess that this is my favorite benefit! If you have ever purchased "lip plumping" lip products, you will know that they usually sting. Did you know that avocado oil can immediately give lips a fuller appearance? It's true! Because the oil penetrates deeply and quickly, it makes the lips to full and healthy. While the fuller look is just temporary, it is a great natural way to have fuller, healthier lips.
Note: Find avocado oil in the following Seed Body Care Lip Oil formulas: Seed Custom Blend Lip Oil, Seed Soothing Fragrance Free Lip Oil, Seed Soothing Anise Lip Oil, Seed Lemonade Lip Oil, Seed Magical Mint Lip Oil, and Seed Therapeutic Peppermint Lip Oil.