Ingredients you are missing out on when you switch from drugstore toner to Seed
What will you be missing out on when you switch from your drugstore toner to Seed?
Many toners contain harsh ingredients including Isopropyl Alcohol and Acetone. This may help explain why many drugstore toners have such a harsh odor.
- We know that there are, indeed, beneficial alcohols for the skin. Cetyl and cetearyl alcohol, for example, are lipids that are great skin emollients. Isopropyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat and SD Alcohol 40 are among the harshest alcohols in skin care. They strip and irritate and provide no real benefits.
- Acetone is a solvent. It can thin paint and is the leading ingredient in most nail polish removers. It does not belong in your face toner.
So while you may be "missing out" on those ingredients, Seed switches out the bad stuff and gives you natural, plant distillates and aloe vera to soothe, refresh, and balance skin pH.
Let's Compare. The toner label below features both acetone and isopropyl alcohol, in addition to synthetic fragrance and a host of dyes.
Active: 2% Salicylic Acid. Inactive: Acetone, Benzalkonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Isopropyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Red 40 (CI 16035), Water (Aqua), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)
Ingredients in Seed:
Lemon Balm: Aqua (Water), Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Distillate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone
Cucumber: Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Distillate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone
Did we mention it has a handy dandy one step dispenser? It's true -- and it is oh so easy to use!
How to use Seed Advanced Botanicals Toner:
1. Wash your face with your favorite Seed Advanced Botanicals Daily Cleanser. Rinse clean.
2. Now it's time to tone.We offer 2 formulas: Lemon Balm or Cucumber. Lift the cap to your toner bottle. Using either a cotton pad or cotton ball, gently press down 1 to 2 pumps. This automatically dispenses your toner and you won't have to worry about oversaturating your cotton -- nor do you have to worry about spilling if you accidentally knock your bottle over. Hey, it happens to all of us.
3. Gently sweep the cotton over your face. Toner helps to balance skin pH, plus it soothes and calms the skin using plant distillates.
4. Toss out your used cotton ball, flip the top back on, and moisturize! Easy peasy!
5. One more thing -- did you know that another advantage to our convenient dispenser is that it helps to keep out germs and air? That's a major plus!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Essential oils continue to become more and more popular -- and with more science behind the benefits. Today, we are going to enjoy an in-depth look at Patchouli Essential Oil.
Patchouli (Pogostemon Cablin) is distilled from patchouli leaves and features an earthy, warm, musky aroma. You may even detect some light fruit notes from this oil. This is one of those oils that people either tend to love or hate when used on its own. Even people who swear that they could never enjoy its distinctive scent may find that become fans when blended with other oils! Plus, there are so many health and skin care benefits that you will not want to overlook this one.
Argan oil is one of the most promising -- and most proven -- ingredients in skin care. While it is not a new ingredient, it is an important one which has stood the test of time.
Today we're sharing 5 key benefits of this oil. Although it is not as well known as coconut oil or jojoba oil, argan is truly a special oil.
Argan oil, found in both Seed Soft Balm and Seed Advanced Botanicals Extra Moisturizing Face Cream, contains more antioxidant and cell regenerative properties than olive oil, grape seed oil and avocado oil combined.
Did you know that having a skin care ritual is one way to engage in self care?
According to Houston dermatologist Dr. Reena Jogi, “When you do a skin care routine, you’re usually alone, in your bathroom or somewhere quiet, and it’s just you and the mirror. There’s something slightly meditative about just sitting there and taking that 10 minutes just for you.”
We've talked about the skin care benefits of having a consistent routine here on the blog before, but that actual routine has far greater benefits that reach beyond a glowing complexion.