Ingredients you are missing out on when you switch from drugstore toner to Seed
What will you be missing out on when you switch from your drugstore toner to Seed?
Many toners contain harsh ingredients including Isopropyl Alcohol and Acetone. This may help explain why many drugstore toners have such a harsh odor.
- We know that there are, indeed, beneficial alcohols for the skin. Cetyl and cetearyl alcohol, for example, are lipids that are great skin emollients. Isopropyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat and SD Alcohol 40 are among the harshest alcohols in skin care. They strip and irritate and provide no real benefits.
- Acetone is a solvent. It can thin paint and is the leading ingredient in most nail polish removers. It does not belong in your face toner.
So while you may be "missing out" on those ingredients, Seed switches out the bad stuff and gives you natural, plant distillates and aloe vera to soothe, refresh, and balance skin pH.
Let's Compare. The toner label below features both acetone and isopropyl alcohol, in addition to synthetic fragrance and a host of dyes.
Active: 2% Salicylic Acid. Inactive: Acetone, Benzalkonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Isopropyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Red 40 (CI 16035), Water (Aqua), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)
Ingredients in Seed:
Lemon Balm: Aqua (Water), Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Distillate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone
Cucumber: Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Distillate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone
Did we mention it has a handy dandy one step dispenser? It's true -- and it is oh so easy to use!
How to use Seed Advanced Botanicals Toner:
1. Wash your face with your favorite Seed Advanced Botanicals Daily Cleanser. Rinse clean.
2. Now it's time to tone.We offer 2 formulas: Lemon Balm or Cucumber. Lift the cap to your toner bottle. Using either a cotton pad or cotton ball, gently press down 1 to 2 pumps. This automatically dispenses your toner and you won't have to worry about oversaturating your cotton -- nor do you have to worry about spilling if you accidentally knock your bottle over. Hey, it happens to all of us.
3. Gently sweep the cotton over your face. Toner helps to balance skin pH, plus it soothes and calms the skin using plant distillates.
4. Toss out your used cotton ball, flip the top back on, and moisturize! Easy peasy!
5. One more thing -- did you know that another advantage to our convenient dispenser is that it helps to keep out germs and air? That's a major plus!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
If you are on the quest for healthy looking skin, this ingredient needs to be in your skin care arsenal.
Niacinamide, or Vitamin B3 (also called Nicotinic Acid) offers multiple benefits to the skin. It can help to visibly diminish the appearance of large pores, fine lines, skin dullness, and also helps to even out skin tone.
There is solid research supporting the benefits of Niacinamide.This skin vitamin is one that truly benefits nearly every skin type. Other recent research published by the editors of the Melanoma Letter suggests that niacinamide "can significantly reduce recurrences of actinic keratosis, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma in patients with a history of these lesions."
Summer means sundresses, shorts, swimwear, and exposed skin. Most of us spend more time shaving our legs to keep them silky and smooth, but end up with occasional nicks, cuts, and razor burn. We are here to share our 5 best shaving tips for a better shave this summer.
Prevent ingrown hairs with exfoliation.
We've talked about the skin care benefits of exfoliation before. Removing dead skin cells is essential, as flakes that have collected around the hair follicles will complicate your shave. If you have do not regularly exfoliate, this accumulation of dead skin cells will ultimately lead to ingrown hairs. Be sure to apply a body scrub regularly in the shower (but never right after shaving).
Don't shave right when you step into the shower.
Skin care experts agree: wait at least 3 minutes after being in the shower or tub to shave your legs. Why? It is important for the hair to be hydrated for an easier, tug-free shave. Go ahead and shampoo and condition your hair, wash your face, and then save the shave for later.
After a gray and rainy spring, it is finally beginning to feel as it should -- like we are heading into summer! I love the feeling of soaking up the rays, but sun smarts are essential for your skin.
The sun's UV rays can greatly impact the condition of the skin. While sitting with our faces toward the sun makes us feel so good, it is important to remember that we have to be vigilant about our sun care.