Ingredients you are missing out on when you switch from drugstore toner to Seed
What will you be missing out on when you switch from your drugstore toner to Seed?
Many toners contain harsh ingredients including Isopropyl Alcohol and Acetone. This may help explain why many drugstore toners have such a harsh odor.
- We know that there are, indeed, beneficial alcohols for the skin. Cetyl and cetearyl alcohol, for example, are lipids that are great skin emollients. Isopropyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat and SD Alcohol 40 are among the harshest alcohols in skin care. They strip and irritate and provide no real benefits.
- Acetone is a solvent. It can thin paint and is the leading ingredient in most nail polish removers. It does not belong in your face toner.
So while you may be "missing out" on those ingredients, Seed switches out the bad stuff and gives you natural, plant distillates and aloe vera to soothe, refresh, and balance skin pH.
Let's Compare. The toner label below features both acetone and isopropyl alcohol, in addition to synthetic fragrance and a host of dyes.
Active: 2% Salicylic Acid. Inactive: Acetone, Benzalkonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Isopropyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Red 40 (CI 16035), Water (Aqua), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)
Ingredients in Seed:
Lemon Balm: Aqua (Water), Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Distillate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone
Cucumber: Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Distillate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone
Did we mention it has a handy dandy one step dispenser? It's true -- and it is oh so easy to use!
How to use Seed Advanced Botanicals Toner:
1. Wash your face with your favorite Seed Advanced Botanicals Daily Cleanser. Rinse clean.
2. Now it's time to tone.We offer 2 formulas: Lemon Balm or Cucumber. Lift the cap to your toner bottle. Using either a cotton pad or cotton ball, gently press down 1 to 2 pumps. This automatically dispenses your toner and you won't have to worry about oversaturating your cotton -- nor do you have to worry about spilling if you accidentally knock your bottle over. Hey, it happens to all of us.
3. Gently sweep the cotton over your face. Toner helps to balance skin pH, plus it soothes and calms the skin using plant distillates.
4. Toss out your used cotton ball, flip the top back on, and moisturize! Easy peasy!
5. One more thing -- did you know that another advantage to our convenient dispenser is that it helps to keep out germs and air? That's a major plus!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
We cannot believe that it's already the second week of December. While the calendar technically still says Autumn, your skin is likely showing the effects of winter temperatures.
With the changing seasons comes a need to adjust your skin care routine a bit.
Winter is the ideal time to repair and renew your skin. The long, hot summer temperatures -- and extra sun exposure that you experienced -- likely did a bit of damage to your skin, so now is your opportunity to do a bit of repair and prep your complexion for the winter months ahead.Here at Seed, we are sharing our expert tips for soft, healthy looking skin all winter long.
Still having a hard time finding the perfect gift for the holidays? No need to look any further, because our limited-edition Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream is just what you've been looking for.
It can be difficult choosing body care for people. Many people find scented products to be too strong. In fact, artificial fragrance is linked to everything from allergies and asthma to chronic headaches. Our body creams are scented only with 100% natural essential oils and are subtle and beautiful. There is something so very special about this particular body cream.
It's like a comforting cup of tea.
Not only is the formula pure luxury with its decadent, rich texture, but the ingredients sink right in to pamper even the driest of skin types. Enriched with sunflower seed oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, shea butter, antioxidant green tea, and more, our cream makes your skin feel as smooth as satin. Did we mention the aroma of the pure oils? It is honestly like a cup of herbal lemon ginger tea. It is comforting and warm, spicy and a bit tart. It is just stunning. Treat yourself -- or someone you love -- to Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream from Seed.
Did you know that this cold, dry winter weather can have a major impact on your skin care routine? Our friends near the Great Lakes are seeing significant amounts of snowfall. My friend Lauren in West Seneca, New York has more than five FEET of snow. Let’s take a look at the low humidity and frigid temperatures affect your skin.
Itchiness and a tight feeling are common skin issues related to dry air, but there are some skin care tips you can use to help tackle the problem.
- Be gentle on your skin. When you dry off after bathing, be sure to pat your skin dry. Don’t rub.
- Always follow your shower or bath with a rich cream layered over body oil.
- Look for cream formulations instead of lotions and fluids for facial hydration.
- Avoid ingredients such as alcohol and sulfates, which will cause more dryness.