Ingredients you are missing out on when you switch from drugstore toner to Seed
What will you be missing out on when you switch from your drugstore toner to Seed?
Many toners contain harsh ingredients including Isopropyl Alcohol and Acetone. This may help explain why many drugstore toners have such a harsh odor.
- We know that there are, indeed, beneficial alcohols for the skin. Cetyl and cetearyl alcohol, for example, are lipids that are great skin emollients. Isopropyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat and SD Alcohol 40 are among the harshest alcohols in skin care. They strip and irritate and provide no real benefits.
- Acetone is a solvent. It can thin paint and is the leading ingredient in most nail polish removers. It does not belong in your face toner.
So while you may be "missing out" on those ingredients, Seed switches out the bad stuff and gives you natural, plant distillates and aloe vera to soothe, refresh, and balance skin pH.
Let's Compare. The toner label below features both acetone and isopropyl alcohol, in addition to synthetic fragrance and a host of dyes.
Active: 2% Salicylic Acid. Inactive: Acetone, Benzalkonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Isopropyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Red 40 (CI 16035), Water (Aqua), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)
Ingredients in Seed:
Lemon Balm: Aqua (Water), Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Distillate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone
Cucumber: Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Distillate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone
Did we mention it has a handy dandy one step dispenser? It's true -- and it is oh so easy to use!
How to use Seed Advanced Botanicals Toner:
1. Wash your face with your favorite Seed Advanced Botanicals Daily Cleanser. Rinse clean.
2. Now it's time to tone.We offer 2 formulas: Lemon Balm or Cucumber. Lift the cap to your toner bottle. Using either a cotton pad or cotton ball, gently press down 1 to 2 pumps. This automatically dispenses your toner and you won't have to worry about oversaturating your cotton -- nor do you have to worry about spilling if you accidentally knock your bottle over. Hey, it happens to all of us.
3. Gently sweep the cotton over your face. Toner helps to balance skin pH, plus it soothes and calms the skin using plant distillates.
4. Toss out your used cotton ball, flip the top back on, and moisturize! Easy peasy!
5. One more thing -- did you know that another advantage to our convenient dispenser is that it helps to keep out germs and air? That's a major plus!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Smooth lips are key for matte lipstick and lip stain application.
Red, bold berries, and purples can be unforgiving, especially when you have dry lips. Lips need to be primed and prepped before you apply lip color.
Picture the exterior of a house with paint that has chipped and peeled. If you hired a painter, would he just take out the paint and roll right over the shingles? No. The paint would not go on evenly and it would be bumpy and peel even more. The painter would scrape away the old paint, smooth the wood, make sure it is cleaned properly and prepped for painting. The canvas needs to be smooth for the paint to adhere and look its best. The same goes for your lips. If your lips are chapped or flaky and you apply lipstick, every imperfection show. The color will not properly adhere and your lips will not look good. You need to prepare the lip surface first.
Fragrance free is what you are looking for.
This means that no fragrances (artificial or otherwise) have been added to the product (or should mean that, watch for tougher regulations monitoring that coming). As we know, artificial fragrances are the #1 irritant on skin and one of the most potentially harmful ingredients we can encounter - because they contain phthalates -- see more information below.
They are linked to many health issues, from allergies and asthma to cancer. Simply put, these fragrances are making people sick. In its truest definition, "fragrance free," means you should not have to worry about those nasty synthetics. Nothing should be added to remove the natural scents from the butters, oils, and other natural ingredients in the products. In other words, you may smell some of the product’s ingredients such as the olive oil or shea butter.
Did you know?
Honestly, it can be confusing. Many people assume that unscented and fragrance free are interchangeable terms. This is wrong, however.
Yes, Seed Soft Balm is a luxury skin balm. While there are other luxury body balm products out there. they tend to feature long ingredients lists that include “everything but the kitchen skin” -- a long ingredients list doesn’t equate to a better product. It has a greater chance of causing skin reactions, and that is something we are very mindful of here at Seed.
There is a method to our madness. Have you ever noticed that "everything but the kitchen sink" approach to formulation that I mentioned above? When you look at labels, there are something more than 20 ingredients in a single product! More doesn't equal better. Actually, the truth is that when you throw in many different oils and botanicals, they can counteract each other's effects, reducing the benefits. We don't want that. They also are MUCH more likely to cause an allergic response.