Berry. Purple. Burgundy. From gorgeous grape to elegant blackberry, we’re enamored with the season’s boldest berries. The newest crop of berries that we’re seeing is edgy and dramatic. Afraid to go bold? We are here to help you pull off the look like a pro.
Find the right shade for your skintone.
The trick to pulling of berry with ease is to make it work your individual skintone. We’re sharing some tips to help you master the art of wearing the boldest berries.
Seed Satin Lip Gloss has a perfect trio of colors that are perfect for all of your holiday events -- from concerts and cocktail parties to New Year's Eve. If I could recommend three must-have glosses for this time of year, I would suggest:
- Attention, Please
- Purple Purple Please
- Bordeaux Re-Me
Cool Undertones - Those with rosy skin and green or blue eyes often look best in blue-based reds. If you look best in silver jewelry, chances are you have cool undertones. Women with cool undertones typically have visible blue veins on the underside of their arms. Try a blue based purple or cool berry shade to achieve the look you’re going for. The perfect gloss for the job is Purple Purple Please.
Warm Undertones - Those with yellow or peach in their skin typically have warm undertones and look best in berry that is a purple meets red hue. Think burgundy. Eye colors with this undertone typically range from hazel to brown. If you have warm undertones, the veins on the underside of your arms will appear slightly green and you will look better in gold jewelry rather than silver. A color to try: Bordeaux Re-Me.
For Everyone - Attention, Please is the perfect bold shade for nearly any and all skin tones. Whether your skin is warm or cool, the undertones of this shade are neutral enough for your complexion.
Pull off a rich, punchy colors lip like a pro
- With a lip this dramatic, it is important to keep your eyes soft and neutral.
- Keep your face shine-free and flawless. With bold berries on the lips, you want to avoid high voltage shimmer on the face. Keep it simple by applying mattifying primer and a semi-matte tinted moisturizer or foundation.
- Make it multidimensional. Apply a pearly golden-hued nude lip gloss just to the center of the lips to create fullness and prevent lip color from looking flat. Good as Nude is perfect for this! I apply it in the center of my bottom lip and then at the "bow" on the upper lip. Adding this dimension makes lips look full and healthy.
Lip care tips to ensure smooth, long-wearing application
- Exfoliate the lips with a DIY sugar scrub. This will slough off dead skin and help prevent flaking. Smooth lips are key for lipstick application and berries and purples can be unforgiving if you have dry lips.
- Moist lips are key! Nourish with Seed Lip Oil lip for soft, healthy lips. The natural, plant-based oils are just what your lips are craving.
- To ensure a flawless, bleed-proof look, clean up the edges of the lip with concealer. Make sure the concealer matches your skin or it will draw attention to the area rather than camouflaging any mistakes. You can also try a flesh toned lip liner to seal in color. For our comprehensive post on preventing lip color from bleeding, check out this past blog post.