Holiday Lip Color Tips
Gilded hues. Winter Red. Burgundy.
From gorgeous merlot to bright berries, we’re enamored with the season’s richest lip colors. The newest crop of lip hues that we’re seeing are edgy and dramatic. Afraid to go bold? We are here to help you pull off the look like a pro.
Find the right shade for your skintone.
The trick to pulling of holiday lips with ease is to make it work your individual skintone. We’re sharing some tips to help you master the art of wearing the boldest shades.
Seed Satin Lip Gloss has a perfect trio of colors that are perfect for all of your holiday events -- from concerts and cocktail parties to New Year's Eve. If I could recommend my must-have glosses for this time of year, I would suggest:
- Attention, Please
- Good As Nude
- Warm Red
Cool Undertones - Those with rosy skin and green or blue eyes often look best in blue-based hues. If you look best in silver jewelry, chances are you have cool undertones. Women with cool undertones typically have visible blue veins on the underside of their arms. Try a magenta or fuchsia shade to achieve the look you’re going for. The perfect gloss for the job is Attention, Please.
Warm Undertones - Those with yellow or peach in their skin typically have warm undertones and look best in berry that is a purple meets red hue. Think burgundy. Eye colors with this undertone typically range from hazel to brown. If you have warm undertones, the veins on the underside of your arms will appear slightly green and you will look better in gold jewelry rather than silver. A color to try: Bordeaux.
For Everyone - Warm Red is the perfect bold shade for nearly any and all skin tones. Whether your skin is warm or cool, the undertones of this shade are neutral enough for your complexion. Plus, just like a Little Black Dress, we ALL need a perfect red lip gloss!
Pull off a rich, punchy colors lip like a pro
- With a lip this dramatic, it is important to keep your eyes soft and neutral.
- Keep your face shine-free and flawless. With bold berries on the lips, you want to avoid high voltage shimmer on the face. Keep it simple by applying mattifying primer and a semi-matte tinted moisturizer or foundation.
- Make it multidimensional. Apply a pearly golden-hued nude lip gloss just to the center of the lips to create fullness and prevent lip color from looking flat. Nude is perfect for this! I apply it in the center of my bottom lip and then at the "bow" on the upper lip. Adding this dimension makes lips look full and healthy.
Lip care tips to ensure smooth, long-wearing application
- Exfoliate the lips with a DIY sugar scrub. This will slough off dead skin and help prevent flaking. Smooth lips are key for lipstick application and berries and purples can be unforgiving if you have dry lips.
- Moist lips are key! Nourish with Seed Lip Oil lip for soft, healthy lips. The natural, plant-based oils are just what your lips are craving.
- To ensure a flawless, bleed-proof look, clean up the edges of the lip with concealer. Make sure the concealer matches your skin or it will draw attention to the area rather than camouflaging any mistakes. You can also try a flesh toned lip liner to seal in color. For our comprehensive post on preventing lip color from bleeding, check out this past blog post.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
We cannot believe that it's already the second week of December. While the calendar technically still says Autumn, your skin is likely showing the effects of winter temperatures.
With the changing seasons comes a need to adjust your skin care routine a bit.
Winter is the ideal time to repair and renew your skin. The long, hot summer temperatures -- and extra sun exposure that you experienced -- likely did a bit of damage to your skin, so now is your opportunity to do a bit of repair and prep your complexion for the winter months ahead.Here at Seed, we are sharing our expert tips for soft, healthy looking skin all winter long.
Still having a hard time finding the perfect gift for the holidays? No need to look any further, because our limited-edition Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream is just what you've been looking for.
It can be difficult choosing body care for people. Many people find scented products to be too strong. In fact, artificial fragrance is linked to everything from allergies and asthma to chronic headaches. Our body creams are scented only with 100% natural essential oils and are subtle and beautiful. There is something so very special about this particular body cream.
It's like a comforting cup of tea.
Not only is the formula pure luxury with its decadent, rich texture, but the ingredients sink right in to pamper even the driest of skin types. Enriched with sunflower seed oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, shea butter, antioxidant green tea, and more, our cream makes your skin feel as smooth as satin. Did we mention the aroma of the pure oils? It is honestly like a cup of herbal lemon ginger tea. It is comforting and warm, spicy and a bit tart. It is just stunning. Treat yourself -- or someone you love -- to Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream from Seed.
Did you know that this cold, dry winter weather can have a major impact on your skin care routine? Our friends near the Great Lakes are seeing significant amounts of snowfall. My friend Lauren in West Seneca, New York has more than five FEET of snow. Let’s take a look at the low humidity and frigid temperatures affect your skin.
Itchiness and a tight feeling are common skin issues related to dry air, but there are some skin care tips you can use to help tackle the problem.
- Be gentle on your skin. When you dry off after bathing, be sure to pat your skin dry. Don’t rub.
- Always follow your shower or bath with a rich cream layered over body oil.
- Look for cream formulations instead of lotions and fluids for facial hydration.
- Avoid ingredients such as alcohol and sulfates, which will cause more dryness.