Holiday Lip Color Tips
Gilded hues. Winter Red. Burgundy.
From gorgeous merlot to bright berries, we’re enamored with the season’s richest lip colors. The newest crop of lip hues that we’re seeing are edgy and dramatic. Afraid to go bold? We are here to help you pull off the look like a pro.
Find the right shade for your skintone.
The trick to pulling of holiday lips with ease is to make it work your individual skintone. We’re sharing some tips to help you master the art of wearing the boldest shades.
Seed Satin Lip Gloss has a perfect trio of colors that are perfect for all of your holiday events -- from concerts and cocktail parties to New Year's Eve. If I could recommend my must-have glosses for this time of year, I would suggest:
- Attention, Please
- Good As Nude
- Warm Red
Cool Undertones - Those with rosy skin and green or blue eyes often look best in blue-based hues. If you look best in silver jewelry, chances are you have cool undertones. Women with cool undertones typically have visible blue veins on the underside of their arms. Try a magenta or fuchsia shade to achieve the look you’re going for. The perfect gloss for the job is Attention, Please.
Warm Undertones - Those with yellow or peach in their skin typically have warm undertones and look best in berry that is a purple meets red hue. Think burgundy. Eye colors with this undertone typically range from hazel to brown. If you have warm undertones, the veins on the underside of your arms will appear slightly green and you will look better in gold jewelry rather than silver. A color to try: Bordeaux.
For Everyone - Warm Red is the perfect bold shade for nearly any and all skin tones. Whether your skin is warm or cool, the undertones of this shade are neutral enough for your complexion. Plus, just like a Little Black Dress, we ALL need a perfect red lip gloss!
Pull off a rich, punchy colors lip like a pro
- With a lip this dramatic, it is important to keep your eyes soft and neutral.
- Keep your face shine-free and flawless. With bold berries on the lips, you want to avoid high voltage shimmer on the face. Keep it simple by applying mattifying primer and a semi-matte tinted moisturizer or foundation.
- Make it multidimensional. Apply a pearly golden-hued nude lip gloss just to the center of the lips to create fullness and prevent lip color from looking flat. Nude is perfect for this! I apply it in the center of my bottom lip and then at the "bow" on the upper lip. Adding this dimension makes lips look full and healthy.
Lip care tips to ensure smooth, long-wearing application
- Exfoliate the lips with a DIY sugar scrub. This will slough off dead skin and help prevent flaking. Smooth lips are key for lipstick application and berries and purples can be unforgiving if you have dry lips.
- Moist lips are key! Nourish with Seed Lip Oil lip for soft, healthy lips. The natural, plant-based oils are just what your lips are craving.
- To ensure a flawless, bleed-proof look, clean up the edges of the lip with concealer. Make sure the concealer matches your skin or it will draw attention to the area rather than camouflaging any mistakes. You can also try a flesh toned lip liner to seal in color. For our comprehensive post on preventing lip color from bleeding, check out this past blog post.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
We're going to spotlight the special ingredients used in this serum so you can learn why each one was chosen to be used in our formulation.
This week's Ingredient Spotlight is on Kakadu Plum.
What is Kakadu Plum Extract?
Kakadu Plum (Terminalia Ferdinandiana) is a sour green fruit that is native to Australia. Small in size, this fruit contains 55 times more Vitamin C than an orange. While it is hard to fine, Kakadu Plum has been creating quite a buzz lately in the skin care industry because of its many benefits. It is safe to say that using Kakadu Plum is not just a passing fad. You'll be seeing a lot more of this ingredient as more and more solid research comes out.
This is a common question people have when seeking out a new facial moisturizer, especially those who have oily or combination skin. Back before people became more ingredients savvy, they heeded the advice "If you have oily skin, you have to choose oil-free products."
The truth, however, is that "oil-free" is
Let's call this one Face Washing for Beginners - or maybe Face Washing 101. Sound silly? On the surface, it likely sounds ridiculous, but the fact is that most people are not washing their face the right way.
The way that you wash your face has a direct impact on the appearance of your skin. We're here to share 5 tips for better face washing.