Holiday Lip Color Tips
Gilded hues. Winter Red. Burgundy.
From gorgeous merlot to bright berries, we’re enamored with the season’s richest lip colors. The newest crop of lip hues that we’re seeing are edgy and dramatic. Afraid to go bold? We are here to help you pull off the look like a pro.
Find the right shade for your skintone.
The trick to pulling of holiday lips with ease is to make it work your individual skintone. We’re sharing some tips to help you master the art of wearing the boldest shades.
Seed Satin Lip Gloss has a perfect trio of colors that are perfect for all of your holiday events -- from concerts and cocktail parties to New Year's Eve. If I could recommend my must-have glosses for this time of year, I would suggest:
- Attention, Please
- Good As Nude
- Warm Red
Cool Undertones - Those with rosy skin and green or blue eyes often look best in blue-based hues. If you look best in silver jewelry, chances are you have cool undertones. Women with cool undertones typically have visible blue veins on the underside of their arms. Try a magenta or fuchsia shade to achieve the look you’re going for. The perfect gloss for the job is Attention, Please.
Warm Undertones - Those with yellow or peach in their skin typically have warm undertones and look best in berry that is a purple meets red hue. Think burgundy. Eye colors with this undertone typically range from hazel to brown. If you have warm undertones, the veins on the underside of your arms will appear slightly green and you will look better in gold jewelry rather than silver. A color to try: Bordeaux.
For Everyone - Warm Red is the perfect bold shade for nearly any and all skin tones. Whether your skin is warm or cool, the undertones of this shade are neutral enough for your complexion. Plus, just like a Little Black Dress, we ALL need a perfect red lip gloss!
Pull off a rich, punchy colors lip like a pro
- With a lip this dramatic, it is important to keep your eyes soft and neutral.
- Keep your face shine-free and flawless. With bold berries on the lips, you want to avoid high voltage shimmer on the face. Keep it simple by applying mattifying primer and a semi-matte tinted moisturizer or foundation.
- Make it multidimensional. Apply a pearly golden-hued nude lip gloss just to the center of the lips to create fullness and prevent lip color from looking flat. Nude is perfect for this! I apply it in the center of my bottom lip and then at the "bow" on the upper lip. Adding this dimension makes lips look full and healthy.
Lip care tips to ensure smooth, long-wearing application
- Exfoliate the lips with a DIY sugar scrub. This will slough off dead skin and help prevent flaking. Smooth lips are key for lipstick application and berries and purples can be unforgiving if you have dry lips.
- Moist lips are key! Nourish with Seed Lip Oil lip for soft, healthy lips. The natural, plant-based oils are just what your lips are craving.
- To ensure a flawless, bleed-proof look, clean up the edges of the lip with concealer. Make sure the concealer matches your skin or it will draw attention to the area rather than camouflaging any mistakes. You can also try a flesh toned lip liner to seal in color. For our comprehensive post on preventing lip color from bleeding, check out this past blog post.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
5 Skin Care Benefits of Black Cumin Seed Oil
Black Cumin Seed Oil is an ingredient used in skin care that is unfamiliar to many. We like to think of it as an unsung hero. Just what is Black Cumin Seed Oil and why is it so beneficial for the skin?
Let's learn more:
Black Cumin Seed Oil, or Nigella sativa, is rich in history. Used in skin care for thousands of years, it is believed that both Cleopatra and Nefertiti used the seeds in their bath water. In fact, it is said that this ingredient has been used by royalty as a natural skin care remedy for over 4000 years!
Black Cumin Seed Oil is an elixir for red and irritated skin. Known for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits, Black Cumin Seed Oil is a magical skin care oil that can be used on every skin type.
5 Back to School Skin Care Tips for College Students
College students, let us help you establish a healthy skin care and wellness routine.
We've all heard about the "Freshman 15." I gained about 7 pounds freshman year. I can tell you that I had many choices in the dining hall, but my mom wasn't there to make sure I ate my fruits and veggies. I loaded up on macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. I drank soda pop instead of water. I made Pop Tarts in my dorm room and ordered pizza regularly. Eat as many fresh, whole foods as you can and drink lots of water. Your skin will benefit from this. I recommend eating lots of
10 Skin Care Benefits of Niacinamide
If you are on the quest for healthy looking skin, this ingredient needs to be in your skin care arsenal.
Niacinamide, or Vitamin B3 (also called Nicotinic Acid) offers multiple benefits to the skin. It can help to visibly diminish the appearance of large pores, fine lines, skin dullness, and also helps to even out skin tone.
There is solid research supporting the benefits of Niacinamide.This skin vitamin is one that truly benefits nearly every skin type. Other recent research published by the editors of the Melanoma Letter suggests that niacinamide "can significantly reduce recurrences of actinic keratosis, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma in patients with a history of these lesions."