Fall Lip Care Tips and Tricks
Look inside any fashion magazine or take a stroll through a beauty boutique and you will undoubtedly notice what's big in fall makeup: a bold lip. Matte lips and long-wearing stains and lip paint are must-have looks for fall and winter 2018. Top colors right now include a classic red lip, bold berries, deep plums and russet hues. We are here to share how to pull off the hottest looks of the season.
Lip care tips to ensure smooth, soft lips and makeup that looks fresh all day long
- Exfoliate the lips with a DIY sugar scrub. This will slough off dead skin and help prevent flaking. Smooth lips are key for matte lipstick and lip stain application and berries and purples can be unforgiving if you have dry lips. Think of it like this -- picture a house with paint that has chipped and peeled. If you hired a painter, would he just take out the paint and roll right over the shingles? No. The paint would not go on evenly and it would be bumpy and peel even more. The painter would scrape away the old paint, smooth the wood, make sure it is cleaned properly and prepped for painting. The canvas needs to be smooth for the paint to adhere and look its best. The same goes for your lips. If your lips are chapped or flaky and you apply lipstick, every imperfection show. The color will not properly adhere and your lips will not look good. You need to prepare the lip surface first.
- Moist lips are key! Nourish with Seed Lip Oil lip for soft, healthy lips. The natural, plant-based oils are just what your lips are craving. Lip oil can be applied any time, but if you are having trouble with achieving a bold fall lip, try applying oil in the morning when you are doing your other skin care.
- At night, extra TLC is just what you need. Our Seed Soft Balm is the ultimate in pampering for dryness - you can use on its own or over Lip Oil. I almost think of it the way I do my other skin care -- serum and then my heavier moisturizer at night on my face. I apply lip oil, then my Soft Balm to seal it all in for lasting, impactful hydration.
- To ensure a flawless, bleed-proof look, clean up the edges of the lip with concealer. Make sure the concealer matches your skin or it will draw attention to the area rather than camouflaging any mistakes. You can also try a flesh toned lip liner to seal in color.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
We cannot believe that it's already the second week of December. While the calendar technically still says Autumn, your skin is likely showing the effects of winter temperatures.
With the changing seasons comes a need to adjust your skin care routine a bit.
Winter is the ideal time to repair and renew your skin. The long, hot summer temperatures -- and extra sun exposure that you experienced -- likely did a bit of damage to your skin, so now is your opportunity to do a bit of repair and prep your complexion for the winter months ahead.Here at Seed, we are sharing our expert tips for soft, healthy looking skin all winter long.
Still having a hard time finding the perfect gift for the holidays? No need to look any further, because our limited-edition Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream is just what you've been looking for.
It can be difficult choosing body care for people. Many people find scented products to be too strong. In fact, artificial fragrance is linked to everything from allergies and asthma to chronic headaches. Our body creams are scented only with 100% natural essential oils and are subtle and beautiful. There is something so very special about this particular body cream.
It's like a comforting cup of tea.
Not only is the formula pure luxury with its decadent, rich texture, but the ingredients sink right in to pamper even the driest of skin types. Enriched with sunflower seed oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, shea butter, antioxidant green tea, and more, our cream makes your skin feel as smooth as satin. Did we mention the aroma of the pure oils? It is honestly like a cup of herbal lemon ginger tea. It is comforting and warm, spicy and a bit tart. It is just stunning. Treat yourself -- or someone you love -- to Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream from Seed.
Did you know that this cold, dry winter weather can have a major impact on your skin care routine? Our friends near the Great Lakes are seeing significant amounts of snowfall. My friend Lauren in West Seneca, New York has more than five FEET of snow. Let’s take a look at the low humidity and frigid temperatures affect your skin.
Itchiness and a tight feeling are common skin issues related to dry air, but there are some skin care tips you can use to help tackle the problem.
- Be gentle on your skin. When you dry off after bathing, be sure to pat your skin dry. Don’t rub.
- Always follow your shower or bath with a rich cream layered over body oil.
- Look for cream formulations instead of lotions and fluids for facial hydration.
- Avoid ingredients such as alcohol and sulfates, which will cause more dryness.