Our Best Hand and Cuticle Care Tips
Your hands are one of the first things people notice. We express ourselves and communicate with them. They also are quick to show the signs of aging. It’s only fitting that we take care of them the way we would the skin on the rest of our bodies. Today we're sharing our favorite tips to help you get the best looking hands possible.
Hydration is essential.
- Yes, we all know that drinking water is important to our overall health. Did you know that it is essential to healthy hands as well?
- Water hydrates the nails, hair, and skin. If your nails seem brittle and break easily, very often dehydration is to blame.
- Be sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- In addition to consuming water, the way we wash our hands matters. Did you know that water that is too hot will wreak havoc on the skin? Wash hands in warm - not hot - water.
Don't neglect your cuticles.
Cuticles are often overlooked, don’t you think? We use hand cream to help out our dry skin and we trim and file our nails, but so many of us neglect the cuticles.
Our cuticles actually are very important. They prevent microorganisms such as bacteria from getting into the nail bed, acting as a seal. In fact, your cuticles serve as an important line of defense against infection. When cuticles are dry, ragged or torn, infection is more likely.
You do not need to buy pricey cuticle care treatments in order to pamper them. Our new Soft Balm is the ideal treatment for the cuticles. In fact, this multitasking skin care balm pampers both the nails and cuticles. Be sure to massage it right into your nails and cuticles before you go to the next step.
Use hand cream daily.
- Nourish, nourish, nourish! Your hands are quick to show the signs of aging, so it’s important to pamper them.
- Never be without your Seed Extra Moisturizing Hand Cream. Apply it morning and night and after washing your hands. It’s only fitting that your hand cream should be one of your BFFs!
- Our exclusive, award-winning formula (did we mention it is affordable?) is fortified with essential fatty acids, protective antioxidants and seed nutrients.
- Lightweight, yet rich formula is fast absorbing and never greasy or sticky.
- Take it with you everywhere you go! Our portable cream is TSA compliant, so take it with you while you travel. Keep it by your sink, on your bedside table, anywhere that will help you remember to reapply.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Argan oil is one of the most promising -- and most proven -- ingredients in skin care. While it is not a new ingredient, it is an important one which has stood the test of time.
Today we're sharing 5 key benefits of this oil. Although it is not as well known as coconut oil or jojoba oil, argan is truly a special oil.
Argan oil, found in both Seed Soft Balm and Seed Advanced Botanicals Extra Moisturizing Face Cream, contains more antioxidant and cell regenerative properties than olive oil, grape seed oil and avocado oil combined.
We're going to spotlight the special ingredients used in this serum so you can learn why each one was chosen to be used in our formulation.
This week's Ingredient Spotlight is on Kakadu Plum.
What is Kakadu Plum Extract?
Kakadu Plum (Terminalia Ferdinandiana) is a sour green fruit that is native to Australia. Small in size, this fruit contains 55 times more Vitamin C than an orange. While it is hard to fine, Kakadu Plum has been creating quite a buzz lately in the skin care industry because of its many benefits. It is safe to say that using Kakadu Plum is not just a passing fad. You'll be seeing a lot more of this ingredient as more and more solid research comes out.
This is a common question people have when seeking out a new facial moisturizer, especially those who have oily or combination skin. Back before people became more ingredients savvy, they heeded the advice "If you have oily skin, you have to choose oil-free products."
The truth, however, is that "oil-free" is