Our Best Hand and Cuticle Care Tips
Your hands are one of the first things people notice. We express ourselves and communicate with them. They also are quick to show the signs of aging. It’s only fitting that we take care of them the way we would the skin on the rest of our bodies. Today we're sharing our favorite tips to help you get the best looking hands possible.
Hydration is essential.
- Yes, we all know that drinking water is important to our overall health. Did you know that it is essential to healthy hands as well?
- Water hydrates the nails, hair, and skin. If your nails seem brittle and break easily, very often dehydration is to blame.
- Be sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- In addition to consuming water, the way we wash our hands matters. Did you know that water that is too hot will wreak havoc on the skin? Wash hands in warm - not hot - water.
Don't neglect your cuticles.
Cuticles are often overlooked, don’t you think? We use hand cream to help out our dry skin and we trim and file our nails, but so many of us neglect the cuticles.
Our cuticles actually are very important. They prevent microorganisms such as bacteria from getting into the nail bed, acting as a seal. In fact, your cuticles serve as an important line of defense against infection. When cuticles are dry, ragged or torn, infection is more likely.
You do not need to buy pricey cuticle care treatments in order to pamper them. Our new Soft Balm is the ideal treatment for the cuticles. In fact, this multitasking skin care balm pampers both the nails and cuticles. Be sure to massage it right into your nails and cuticles before you go to the next step.
Use hand cream daily.
- Nourish, nourish, nourish! Your hands are quick to show the signs of aging, so it’s important to pamper them.
- Never be without your Seed Extra Moisturizing Hand Cream. Apply it morning and night and after washing your hands. It’s only fitting that your hand cream should be one of your BFFs!
- Our exclusive, award-winning formula (did we mention it is affordable?) is fortified with essential fatty acids, protective antioxidants and seed nutrients.
- Lightweight, yet rich formula is fast absorbing and never greasy or sticky.
- Take it with you everywhere you go! Our portable cream is TSA compliant, so take it with you while you travel. Keep it by your sink, on your bedside table, anywhere that will help you remember to reapply.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Date palm extract is one of those treasures. We knew it needed to play a major role in our best-selling Seed Advanced Botanicals Extra Moisturizing Face Cream. Just what is date palm extract and why is it one of the best anti-aging ingredients available today? Let's learn more.
Today we're taking a look back at a common hand cream ingredient: dimethicone. This is silicone. Let’s learn a bit more.
Can you believe it is already the first full week of 2019? Me either!
I don't particularly care for New Year's Resolutions. Quite frankly, I believe in living each day one day at a time. I also believe that instead of trying to fix what we perceive as being flaws, we should resolve to treat ourselves more kindly. I do have some skin care and beauty resolutions that I would like to share with you, though.
1. Resolve to wash your face every single night before bed -- no exceptions.
Dermatologists recommend removing makeup each night for several reasons. First of all, if you do not remove your makeup, your pores will not have a chance to "breathe".
Your pores will become clogged with the ingredients in your makeup, no matter how natural it may be. The sebum will become trapped in your pores and you're risking a breakout. Leaving on eye makeup can cause other issues, such as redness, irritation, and even infection.
Environmental contaminants also lurk on the skin, so a gentle cleansing is in order.
You also may begin to look older if you do not remove your makeup at night. Why? Your skin cells regenerate at night at a faster rate than daytime. If your skin cannot breathe because of makeup left behind, the cell regeneration process won't be effective, making your skin look older over time.
Choose a gentle cleanser such as Seed Advanced Botanicals Daily Facial Cleanser.