Our Best Hand and Cuticle Care Tips
Your hands are one of the first things people notice. We express ourselves and communicate with them. They also are quick to show the signs of aging. It’s only fitting that we take care of them the way we would the skin on the rest of our bodies. Today we're sharing our favorite tips to help you get the best looking hands possible.
Hydration is essential.
- Yes, we all know that drinking water is important to our overall health. Did you know that it is essential to healthy hands as well?
- Water hydrates the nails, hair, and skin. If your nails seem brittle and break easily, very often dehydration is to blame.
- Be sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- In addition to consuming water, the way we wash our hands matters. Did you know that water that is too hot will wreak havoc on the skin? Wash hands in warm - not hot - water.
Don't neglect your cuticles.
Cuticles are often overlooked, don’t you think? We use hand cream to help out our dry skin and we trim and file our nails, but so many of us neglect the cuticles.
Our cuticles actually are very important. They prevent microorganisms such as bacteria from getting into the nail bed, acting as a seal. In fact, your cuticles serve as an important line of defense against infection. When cuticles are dry, ragged or torn, infection is more likely.
You do not need to buy pricey cuticle care treatments in order to pamper them. Our new Soft Balm is the ideal treatment for the cuticles. In fact, this multitasking skin care balm pampers both the nails and cuticles. Be sure to massage it right into your nails and cuticles before you go to the next step.
Use hand cream daily.
- Nourish, nourish, nourish! Your hands are quick to show the signs of aging, so it’s important to pamper them.
- Never be without your Seed Extra Moisturizing Hand Cream. Apply it morning and night and after washing your hands. It’s only fitting that your hand cream should be one of your BFFs!
- Our exclusive, award-winning formula (did we mention it is affordable?) is fortified with essential fatty acids, protective antioxidants and seed nutrients.
- Lightweight, yet rich formula is fast absorbing and never greasy or sticky.
- Take it with you everywhere you go! Our portable cream is TSA compliant, so take it with you while you travel. Keep it by your sink, on your bedside table, anywhere that will help you remember to reapply.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
If you are on the quest for healthy looking skin, this ingredient needs to be in your skin care arsenal.
Niacinamide, or Vitamin B3 (also called Nicotinic Acid) offers multiple benefits to the skin. It can help to visibly diminish the appearance of large pores, fine lines, skin dullness, and also helps to even out skin tone.
There is solid research supporting the benefits of Niacinamide.This skin vitamin is one that truly benefits nearly every skin type. Other recent research published by the editors of the Melanoma Letter suggests that niacinamide "can significantly reduce recurrences of actinic keratosis, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma in patients with a history of these lesions."
Summer means sundresses, shorts, swimwear, and exposed skin. Most of us spend more time shaving our legs to keep them silky and smooth, but end up with occasional nicks, cuts, and razor burn. We are here to share our 5 best shaving tips for a better shave this summer.
Prevent ingrown hairs with exfoliation.
We've talked about the skin care benefits of exfoliation before. Removing dead skin cells is essential, as flakes that have collected around the hair follicles will complicate your shave. If you have do not regularly exfoliate, this accumulation of dead skin cells will ultimately lead to ingrown hairs. Be sure to apply a body scrub regularly in the shower (but never right after shaving).
Don't shave right when you step into the shower.
Skin care experts agree: wait at least 3 minutes after being in the shower or tub to shave your legs. Why? It is important for the hair to be hydrated for an easier, tug-free shave. Go ahead and shampoo and condition your hair, wash your face, and then save the shave for later.
After a gray and rainy spring, it is finally beginning to feel as it should -- like we are heading into summer! I love the feeling of soaking up the rays, but sun smarts are essential for your skin.
The sun's UV rays can greatly impact the condition of the skin. While sitting with our faces toward the sun makes us feel so good, it is important to remember that we have to be vigilant about our sun care.