Facial Skin Care Benefits of Lemon
Did you know that Citrus Limonum, or Lemon Essential Oil, is highly beneficial for the skin? It is! Today, we're sharing why many of you will find that Lemon Essential Oil is a facial skin care ingredient that may be helpful for your skin's needs.
5 Skin Care Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil has astringent properties. For those with oily skin, the lemon may help to regulate excess sebum, as it helps cleanse the pores.
- Lemon is helps refresh and help the skin feel clean and clear.
- If your skin has lost its lustre, Lemon Essential Oil may help it to look renewed and more radiant.
- The anti-bacterial properties of Lemon Essential Oil benefit those who experience acne flare ups.
- Lemon Essential Oil also has been shown to help lighten brown spots (AKA age spots) caused by hyperpigmentation and sun exposure. It won't happen overnight, but most see gradual results over time.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Green Tea is a powerhouse antioxidant which has been shown to significantly promote collagen synthesis. It may also help to slow down the skin glycation process.
Choosing body care products formulated with Green Tea can help minimize the signs of skin aging caused by dietary indiscretions such as excess sugar consumption, which causes skin glycation. What is glycation? Simply put, it is the process of sugar proteins damaging the collagen and elastin in the skin. Too much sugar ages your skin, according to scientific research.
Green Tea is protective.
The EGCG in Green Tea also helps protect against free radicals. Free radicals not only impact your health, but they negatively impact your skin. UV damage, smoke and other pollutants can wreak havoc on your skin, accelerating the aging process and damaging cells. This damage causes collagen and elastin to break down, making you look older, as we just mentioned with the glycation process.
Let’s talk about some acne myths.
Have you ever felt duped? Imagine going to a bakery and ordering a chocolate chip cookie only to bite into it and realize that it didn't contain any chocolate chips at all. Or chocolate of any kind - just something that SMELLED like chocolate. Wouldn't you feel let down?
The same thing happens day in and day out in the health and beauty niche.