Facial Moisturizer Ingredient Spotlight: Niacinamide
Today we are going to briefly discuss one of nature's best anti-aging ingredients. You see, we don't think you should have to choose between better ingredients or better anti-aging results. We give you the best of both worlds. Niacinamide is a superior anti-aging skin care ingredient. We chose this for our moisturizer for many reasons.
Skin Care Benefits of Niacinamide
Niacinamide, or Vitamin B3, is a potent skin care ingredient with myriad benefits. There have been multiple studies showing that niacinamide applied topically:
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves skin elasticity
- Helps reduce the appearance of skin discolorations
- Improves clarity & tone
- Helps prevent moisture & water loss
- Promotes collagen and ceramide production
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Do you still use shaving cream from the drugstore?
Take a look at the back of the canister when you use it next time. Chances are, Triethanolamine and Propane are near the top of the ingredients listing.
- Triethanolamine is an emulsifier and pH adjuster; can be especially hazardous when combined with Diazolidinyl Urea. Studies have shown that a large number of cosmetics with TEA (short for Triethanolamine) are contaminated with Nitrosamines, which are carcinogenic. (source)
- Propane, a hydrocarbon, is a propellant. It helps give the product its mousse-like fluffy foam. It is extremely sensitizing to the lungs in moderate doses. It can be highly irritating to the skin, nasal passages and mucus membranes. More than 6,500 studies have been conducted on propane. It is a skin, lung, and eye irritant. (source)
We have shared many "hacks" using our products over the years. Before we had lip products, Rebecca would apply our body cream to her chapped lips. Before we came out with facial care, I used our fragrance free hand cream on dry patches. I use fragrance free body oil on my eye lashes to keep them shiny and as a cuticle oil, too.
Can Seed products be used on the hair? Yes, absolutely!
Our friend, Tori, uses our Soft Balm on her hair and Susan, one of our valued customers, shares this about our Body Oil:
"You should really include in your summary that this wonderful product is also amazingly healing for dry, brittle and frizzy hair! It has made a remarkable difference where no other product has. Thank you for commitment for excellence!"
Let's take a look at why people keep sharing their love of Seed for helping improve the look and condition of their hair.
Let's call this one Face Washing for Beginners - or maybe Face Washing 101. Sound silly? On the surface, it likely sounds ridiculous, but the fact is that most people are not washing their face the right way.
The way that you wash your face has a direct impact on the appearance of your skin. We're here to share 5 tips for better face washing.