Facial Moisturizer Ingredient Spotlight: Alpha Lipoic Acid
Once upon a time, if you wanted to have a moisturizer with more natural ingredients, the only choices were products without anti-aging benefits. Conversely, if you were seeking a moisturizer with anti-aging benefits, you had to sacrifice natural ingredients. We don't think you should have to compromise. Why can't you have a natural, better for you moisturizer that also delivers premium anti-aging ingredients?
Yes, you can have a facial moisturizer that does everything you want it to without settling for unhealthy ingredients. Seed Advanced Botanicals Facial Moisturizer is the best of both worlds. It is a moisturizer that helps your skin look better, feels better, and with only the finest plant-based ingredients.
How is our moisturizer better?
I would like to spotlight some of our moisturizer's powerhouse ingredients. To keep it brief, I will do separate posts on each special ingredient. Today, we're looking at Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA).
What is Alpha Lipoic Acid?
- Made by the human body, this antioxidant is found in every cell. It helps turn glucose into energy.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid is also found in broccoli, spinach, and peas.
- This antioxidant help to fight the signs of aging in the body and our skin.
5 Skin Care Benefits of Alpha Lipoic Acid
- ALA fights inflammation. Andrew Weil, MD, renowned naturopathic doctor, author and founder of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine has long been a proponent of the use of Alpha Lipoic Acid to fight inflammation.
- ALA protects skin cells from free radical damage caused by excess sun exposure and environmental debris.
- ALA helps to improve the function of vitamins. This is important. Our moisturizer uses antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E, so they may have an even better ability to fight off free radicals thanks to the ALA.
- ALA is known as "the universal antioxidant" because it is both water and oil soluble.
- ALA is gently exfoliating and helps to remove dead skin cells.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
What if we told you that we have been working so hard for a VERY long time (this is worth the wait!) to create a multitasking skin care treatment that is so decadent, packed with antioxidants, extracts, and is 100% pure plant-based LUXURY?
Rough. Parched. Dry. Cracked. Everyday, your skin takes a beating and is begging to be rescued. Introducing new Seed Soft Balm. Unlock the superpowers of seven (7!) butters and oils and get reacquainted with soft, healthy, pampered, supple skin.
Peace & Patchouli: Introducing our newest limited edition Body Lotion, featuring 100% natural patchouli essential oil.
Fun Facts About Patchouli
1. Centuries ago, European traders would exchange a pound of gold for a pound of patchouli.
2. Did you know that King Tut had 10 gallons of patchouli oil buried with him in his tomb?
3. Patchouli continues to be used as a remedy all over the world for...
College students, let us help you establish a healthy skin care and wellness routine.
We've all heard about the "Freshman 15." I gained about 7 pounds freshman year. I can tell you that I had many choices in the dining hall, but my mom wasn't there to make sure I ate my fruits and veggies. I loaded up on macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. I drank soda pop instead of water. I made Pop Tarts in my dorm room and ordered pizza regularly. Eat as many fresh, whole foods as you can and drink lots of water. Your skin will benefit from this. I recommend eating lots of