Facial Moisturizer Ingredient Spotlight: Alpha Lipoic Acid
Once upon a time, if you wanted to have a moisturizer with more natural ingredients, the only choices were products without anti-aging benefits. Conversely, if you were seeking a moisturizer with anti-aging benefits, you had to sacrifice natural ingredients. We don't think you should have to compromise. Why can't you have a natural, better for you moisturizer that also delivers premium anti-aging ingredients?
Yes, you can have a facial moisturizer that does everything you want it to without settling for unhealthy ingredients. Seed Advanced Botanicals Facial Moisturizer is the best of both worlds. It is a moisturizer that helps your skin look better, feels better, and with only the finest plant-based ingredients.
How is our moisturizer better?
I would like to spotlight some of our moisturizer's powerhouse ingredients. To keep it brief, I will do separate posts on each special ingredient. Today, we're looking at Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA).
What is Alpha Lipoic Acid?
- Made by the human body, this antioxidant is found in every cell. It helps turn glucose into energy.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid is also found in broccoli, spinach, and peas.
- This antioxidant help to fight the signs of aging in the body and our skin.
5 Skin Care Benefits of Alpha Lipoic Acid
- ALA fights inflammation. Andrew Weil, MD, renowned naturopathic doctor, author and founder of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine has long been a proponent of the use of Alpha Lipoic Acid to fight inflammation.
- ALA protects skin cells from free radical damage caused by excess sun exposure and environmental debris.
- ALA helps to improve the function of vitamins. This is important. Our moisturizer uses antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E, so they may have an even better ability to fight off free radicals thanks to the ALA.
- ALA is known as "the universal antioxidant" because it is both water and oil soluble.
- ALA is gently exfoliating and helps to remove dead skin cells.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Date palm extract is one of those treasures. We knew it needed to play a major role in our best-selling Seed Advanced Botanicals Extra Moisturizing Face Cream. Just what is date palm extract and why is it one of the best anti-aging ingredients available today? Let's learn more.
Today we're taking a look back at a common hand cream ingredient: dimethicone. This is silicone. Let’s learn a bit more.
Can you believe it is already the first full week of 2019? Me either!
I don't particularly care for New Year's Resolutions. Quite frankly, I believe in living each day one day at a time. I also believe that instead of trying to fix what we perceive as being flaws, we should resolve to treat ourselves more kindly. I do have some skin care and beauty resolutions that I would like to share with you, though.
1. Resolve to wash your face every single night before bed -- no exceptions.
Dermatologists recommend removing makeup each night for several reasons. First of all, if you do not remove your makeup, your pores will not have a chance to "breathe".
Your pores will become clogged with the ingredients in your makeup, no matter how natural it may be. The sebum will become trapped in your pores and you're risking a breakout. Leaving on eye makeup can cause other issues, such as redness, irritation, and even infection.
Environmental contaminants also lurk on the skin, so a gentle cleansing is in order.
You also may begin to look older if you do not remove your makeup at night. Why? Your skin cells regenerate at night at a faster rate than daytime. If your skin cannot breathe because of makeup left behind, the cell regeneration process won't be effective, making your skin look older over time.
Choose a gentle cleanser such as Seed Advanced Botanicals Daily Facial Cleanser.