Facial Moisturizer Ingredient Spotlight: Alpha Lipoic Acid
Once upon a time, if you wanted to have a moisturizer with more natural ingredients, the only choices were products without anti-aging benefits. Conversely, if you were seeking a moisturizer with anti-aging benefits, you had to sacrifice natural ingredients. We don't think you should have to compromise. Why can't you have a natural, better for you moisturizer that also delivers premium anti-aging ingredients?
Yes, you can have a facial moisturizer that does everything you want it to without settling for unhealthy ingredients. Seed Advanced Botanicals Facial Moisturizer is the best of both worlds. It is a moisturizer that helps your skin look better, feels better, and with only the finest plant-based ingredients.
How is our moisturizer better?
I would like to spotlight some of our moisturizer's powerhouse ingredients. To keep it brief, I will do separate posts on each special ingredient. Today, we're looking at Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA).
What is Alpha Lipoic Acid?
- Made by the human body, this antioxidant is found in every cell. It helps turn glucose into energy.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid is also found in broccoli, spinach, and peas.
- This antioxidant help to fight the signs of aging in the body and our skin.
5 Skin Care Benefits of Alpha Lipoic Acid
- ALA fights inflammation. Andrew Weil, MD, renowned naturopathic doctor, author and founder of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine has long been a proponent of the use of Alpha Lipoic Acid to fight inflammation.
- ALA protects skin cells from free radical damage caused by excess sun exposure and environmental debris.
- ALA helps to improve the function of vitamins. This is important. Our moisturizer uses antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E, so they may have an even better ability to fight off free radicals thanks to the ALA.
- ALA is known as "the universal antioxidant" because it is both water and oil soluble.
- ALA is gently exfoliating and helps to remove dead skin cells.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Argan oil is one of the most promising -- and most proven -- ingredients in skin care. While it is not a new ingredient, it is an important one which has stood the test of time.
Today we're sharing 5 key benefits of this oil. Although it is not as well known as coconut oil or jojoba oil, argan is truly a special oil.
Argan oil, found in both Seed Soft Balm and Seed Advanced Botanicals Extra Moisturizing Face Cream, contains more antioxidant and cell regenerative properties than olive oil, grape seed oil and avocado oil combined.
We're going to spotlight the special ingredients used in this serum so you can learn why each one was chosen to be used in our formulation.
This week's Ingredient Spotlight is on Kakadu Plum.
What is Kakadu Plum Extract?
Kakadu Plum (Terminalia Ferdinandiana) is a sour green fruit that is native to Australia. Small in size, this fruit contains 55 times more Vitamin C than an orange. While it is hard to fine, Kakadu Plum has been creating quite a buzz lately in the skin care industry because of its many benefits. It is safe to say that using Kakadu Plum is not just a passing fad. You'll be seeing a lot more of this ingredient as more and more solid research comes out.
This is a common question people have when seeking out a new facial moisturizer, especially those who have oily or combination skin. Back before people became more ingredients savvy, they heeded the advice "If you have oily skin, you have to choose oil-free products."
The truth, however, is that "oil-free" is