Facial Moisturizer Ingredient Spotlight: Alpha Lipoic Acid
Once upon a time, if you wanted to have a moisturizer with more natural ingredients, the only choices were products without anti-aging benefits. Conversely, if you were seeking a moisturizer with anti-aging benefits, you had to sacrifice natural ingredients. We don't think you should have to compromise. Why can't you have a natural, better for you moisturizer that also delivers premium anti-aging ingredients?
Yes, you can have a facial moisturizer that does everything you want it to without settling for unhealthy ingredients. Seed Advanced Botanicals Facial Moisturizer is the best of both worlds. It is a moisturizer that helps your skin look better, feels better, and with only the finest plant-based ingredients.
How is our moisturizer better?
I would like to spotlight some of our moisturizer's powerhouse ingredients. To keep it brief, I will do separate posts on each special ingredient. Today, we're looking at Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA).
What is Alpha Lipoic Acid?
- Made by the human body, this antioxidant is found in every cell. It helps turn glucose into energy.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid is also found in broccoli, spinach, and peas.
- This antioxidant help to fight the signs of aging in the body and our skin.
5 Skin Care Benefits of Alpha Lipoic Acid
- ALA fights inflammation. Andrew Weil, MD, renowned naturopathic doctor, author and founder of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine has long been a proponent of the use of Alpha Lipoic Acid to fight inflammation.
- ALA protects skin cells from free radical damage caused by excess sun exposure and environmental debris.
- ALA helps to improve the function of vitamins. This is important. Our moisturizer uses antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E, so they may have an even better ability to fight off free radicals thanks to the ALA.
- ALA is known as "the universal antioxidant" because it is both water and oil soluble.
- ALA is gently exfoliating and helps to remove dead skin cells.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
What are the benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil?
- Naturally refreshing, peppermint is one of the more uplifting essential oils.
- There is natural menthol in peppermint to provide skin with cooling sensation.
- Peppermint is noted for its ability to bring about clarity. In fact, there was a 2008 study in the International Journal of Neuroscience with some really impressing results concerning peppermint. The study showed that peppermint increases mental alertness and can enhance memory.
We've talked about common beauty buzzwords before. Terms like hypoallergenic, natural, and chemical-free are thrown around without having much meaning at all. In fact, there is no regulation of these terms and they can be used to make the product more enticing without any repercussions.
One of the most commonly used buzzwords in beauty and skin care is "Non-Comedogenic".
The medical definition of comedogenic is tending to clog pores especially by the formation of blackheads. Non-comedogenic, in skin care speak, implies that a product will not block pores, leading to acne breakouts. It's a term slapped on product bottles with wild abandon in the beauty industry.
Baths are steeped in tradition, from heated baths in Rome to enjoying cool baths in Scandinavia. Most of us associate baths as being either for young children or for those taking long, pampering bubble baths for those rare "take me away" experiences. There are many health benefits to enjoying a bath, though.
1. Taking a warm bath at night can help you get a better sleep.
Once you have stepped into your warm bath, you immediately feel calmer and more relaxed. Did you know that science tells us there is another reason baths help you feel a bit better, though? Do you know that cooler feeling you experience stepping out of the tub, leaving the warm water behind? When that colder air hits your skin, your brain releases something you may have heard of before: Melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that helps to lull you off to Dream Land a bit more easily.