A Better Facial Cleanser
Washing your face is important. Proper skin cleansing helps to prevent environmental debris, dirt, and excess sebum from building up and blocking the pores. It also helps dead skin cells from accumulating and leaving skin with a dull or ashy appearance.
A clean face also helps skin care vitamins and antioxidants to absorb more easily, rendering them more effective. These are key reasons why choosing a gentle, yet effective facial cleanser is so important.
We have carefully selected the ingredients in our cleanser. You will not find harsh detergents like sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate, petrochemicals or artificial colors and fragrance. There are no parabens or phthalates to worry about either. We know what is NOT in Seed, but when it comes to your cleanser, what is in your cleanser is just as important as what is not.
Our Cleanser features a unique blend of feel-good, doing-good skin ingredients that soften and nourish while washing away impurities:
- Antioxidant-rich sunflower offers protective benefits
- Calming aloe vera soothes
- Silky shea butter conditions, leaving skin feeling smooth and supple
Let's compare our cleanser with another cleanser containing sunflower oil. The cleanser below is sold in beauty retail chains for $42 for 5.1 ounces, or $8.24 per ounce.
- Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lacic Acid, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyacrylate-1 Crosspolymer, Glycol Distearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rose Damascena Flower Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil
Compare that to Seed Daily Facial Cleanser, which retails for $18.95 for 4 ounces, or $4.74 per ounce.
- Aqua (Water), Coco-Glucoside, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin (Vegetable), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol
The difference? In addition the price, compare our good for you -- and for your skin -- ingredients. You're getting the real deal, wholesome and natural ingredients here at Seed. Nothing funny and nothing to just add in to make the product sound "fancy" -- we want you to feel good about what you are using and we know that having great skin care goes a long way to helping you look and feel like the beautiful person that you are. :)
In addition to our Fragrance Free recipe shown above, Seed offers options based on your skin types and concerns:
Feel better about washing your face with Seed Advanced Botanicals Daily Cleanser.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Before you shop for facial skin care products, there is one crucial pre-shopping step that you must take: determining your skin type. Just because a product works well for a friend or your favorite celebrity is reported to use it, doesn’t mean that it will work for you. Skin types, like skin care products, are not one size fits all. I’m going to share my favorite way to effectively determine your skin type.
Find out your skin type in 3 simple steps
- Pull your hair back away from your face. Using a gentle face wash, remove all traces of makeup. Rinse thoroughly and carefully pat dry with a soft cotton towel. Do not follow with any other products at this time.
- Wait for one hour. Using a clean tissue, gently cover your face and blot lightly.
- Remove the tissue and then observe your findings.
You sit staring at a computer screen all day at work. You text back and forth. You answer emails. You’d think that once the work day is over and the dinner dishes have been cleared that you’d be ready to sit and relax.
The reality, though, is that most people are still plugged into their phones in the evening. Texts continue. Work emails are read and answered long after the work day has ended. Then you just have to check your Facebook feed, order a new pair of shoes, pin recipes and DIY projects over on Pinterest, and share the latest photo on Instagram. And then there is the stressful reading of political posts that appear day after day. Honestly, it can be stressful!
It is almost as if we panic at the thought of missing out on something important if we put the phone down. What would happen if you stayed away from social media for an evening?
Would it be the end of the world? Absolutely not.
Have you ever noticed tiny white bumps that look like they are right under your skin? Perhaps you have. Milia can appear around the eyes, forehead, nose, and cheeks. They seem to linger and are resistant to most typical acne treatments. Just what is milia and how do you get rid of it? Let's find out!
What causes milia?
Milia can occur for several reasons. I know that I have heard so many women say, "but I wash my face thoroughly." The truth is that it is not because your skin isn't clean enough.
Our skin naturally sloughs off dead skin cells. Sometimes, though, the skin doesn't shed those cells and what happens is that sebum and keratin will get trapped underneath the epidermis. When this happens, they build up and get lodged in sweat glands and hair follicles rather than being shed. Before you know it, cysts form and you'll notice those little white bumps that do not seem to go away.
There are several skin care ingredients that may contribute to milia. I will share those with you in a moment.