A Better Facial Cleanser
Washing your face is important. Proper skin cleansing helps to prevent environmental debris, dirt, and excess sebum from building up and blocking the pores. It also helps dead skin cells from accumulating and leaving skin with a dull or ashy appearance.
A clean face also helps skin care vitamins and antioxidants to absorb more easily, rendering them more effective. These are key reasons why choosing a gentle, yet effective facial cleanser is so important.
We have carefully selected the ingredients in our cleanser. You will not find harsh detergents like sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate, petrochemicals or artificial colors and fragrance. There are no parabens or phthalates to worry about either. We know what is NOT in Seed, but when it comes to your cleanser, what is in your cleanser is just as important as what is not.
Our Cleanser features a unique blend of feel-good, doing-good skin ingredients that soften and nourish while washing away impurities:
- Antioxidant-rich sunflower offers protective benefits
- Calming aloe vera soothes
- Silky shea butter conditions, leaving skin feeling smooth and supple
Let's compare our cleanser with another cleanser containing sunflower oil. The cleanser below is sold in beauty retail chains for $42 for 5.1 ounces, or $8.24 per ounce.
- Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lacic Acid, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyacrylate-1 Crosspolymer, Glycol Distearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rose Damascena Flower Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil
Compare that to Seed Daily Facial Cleanser, which retails for $18.95 for 4 ounces, or $4.74 per ounce.
- Aqua (Water), Coco-Glucoside, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin (Vegetable), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol
The difference? In addition the price, compare our good for you -- and for your skin -- ingredients. You're getting the real deal, wholesome and natural ingredients here at Seed. Nothing funny and nothing to just add in to make the product sound "fancy" -- we want you to feel good about what you are using and we know that having great skin care goes a long way to helping you look and feel like the beautiful person that you are. :)
In addition to our Fragrance Free recipe shown above, Seed offers options based on your skin types and concerns:
Feel better about washing your face with Seed Advanced Botanicals Daily Cleanser.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Today is Giving Tuesday, a day when millions engage in charitable acts.
I'd like to expand on the topic of giving.
The greatest gift you can give a person, I believe, is expressing your gratitude. Making someone feel loved and appreciated is a true gift. Don’t wait for “later” or a “more convenient time” to show your gratitude for the people you love.
Whether it's your significant other, parents, friends, your child's teacher or a neighbor, wouldn't it be really amazing if you took a moment to show someone your gratitude each day?
I have some ideas for ways you can show those you care about how much you appreciate them.
Hyaluronic acid may be one of the most misunderstood ingredients in skin care. When people see the word acid, they often associate it with a component of chemical exfoliants like alpha hydroxy or beta hydroxy acid. Do not let the word acid scare you. It's not what you think it is.
Are petrolatum-based balms the key to soft lips?
What is the first thing most people reach for when their lips are feeling dry? If you answered the traditional balm for chapped lips sold at the drugstore, you're right. Unfortunately, a crude oil-derived balm is not the best choice.
It's a common misconception that these balms help deliver moisture to the lips.
Here's what Dr. Mauro C. Rumita, who specializes in esthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery says on the subject: "Contrary to what most people believe, [some] don't hydrate the lips. Instead, they seal moisture out, so lips can't absorb it."
Do you need a physical barrier like a balm can provide? Yes, in certain situations. If you are outdoors a lot and exposed to the elements, it would be best to consider a natural balm to give your lips a layer of protection from Mother Nature. While a balm does not deliver moisture into the lips, it does protect.
Our plant based Seed Soft Balm protects without the most common ingredient found in lip balm: petrolatum. Not familiar with petrolatum? Here is a link to more information from the Skin Deep Database. It includes petrolatum's common synonyms, including "mineral grease." I don't know about you, but I don't want that on my lips.