A Better Facial Cleanser
Washing your face is important. Proper skin cleansing helps to prevent environmental debris, dirt, and excess sebum from building up and blocking the pores. It also helps dead skin cells from accumulating and leaving skin with a dull or ashy appearance.
A clean face also helps skin care vitamins and antioxidants to absorb more easily, rendering them more effective. These are key reasons why choosing a gentle, yet effective facial cleanser is so important.
We have carefully selected the ingredients in our cleanser. You will not find harsh detergents like sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate, petrochemicals or artificial colors and fragrance. There are no parabens or phthalates to worry about either. We know what is NOT in Seed, but when it comes to your cleanser, what is in your cleanser is just as important as what is not.
Our Cleanser features a unique blend of feel-good, doing-good skin ingredients that soften and nourish while washing away impurities:
- Antioxidant-rich sunflower offers protective benefits
- Calming aloe vera soothes
- Silky shea butter conditions, leaving skin feeling smooth and supple
Let's compare our cleanser with another cleanser containing sunflower oil. The cleanser below is sold in beauty retail chains for $42 for 5.1 ounces, or $8.24 per ounce.
- Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lacic Acid, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyacrylate-1 Crosspolymer, Glycol Distearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rose Damascena Flower Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil
Compare that to Seed Daily Facial Cleanser, which retails for $18.95 for 4 ounces, or $4.74 per ounce.
- Aqua (Water), Coco-Glucoside, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin (Vegetable), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol
The difference? In addition the price, compare our good for you -- and for your skin -- ingredients. You're getting the real deal, wholesome and natural ingredients here at Seed. Nothing funny and nothing to just add in to make the product sound "fancy" -- we want you to feel good about what you are using and we know that having great skin care goes a long way to helping you look and feel like the beautiful person that you are. :)
In addition to our Fragrance Free recipe shown above, Seed offers options based on your skin types and concerns:
Feel better about washing your face with Seed Advanced Botanicals Daily Cleanser.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Do you still use shaving cream from the drugstore?
Take a look at the back of the canister when you use it next time. Chances are, Triethanolamine and Propane are near the top of the ingredients listing.
- Triethanolamine is an emulsifier and pH adjuster; can be especially hazardous when combined with Diazolidinyl Urea. Studies have shown that a large number of cosmetics with TEA (short for Triethanolamine) are contaminated with Nitrosamines, which are carcinogenic. (source)
- Propane, a hydrocarbon, is a propellant. It helps give the product its mousse-like fluffy foam. It is extremely sensitizing to the lungs in moderate doses. It can be highly irritating to the skin, nasal passages and mucus membranes. More than 6,500 studies have been conducted on propane. It is a skin, lung, and eye irritant. (source)
We have shared many "hacks" using our products over the years. Before we had lip products, Rebecca would apply our body cream to her chapped lips. Before we came out with facial care, I used our fragrance free hand cream on dry patches. I use fragrance free body oil on my eye lashes to keep them shiny and as a cuticle oil, too.
Can Seed products be used on the hair? Yes, absolutely!
Our friend, Tori, uses our Soft Balm on her hair and Susan, one of our valued customers, shares this about our Body Oil:
"You should really include in your summary that this wonderful product is also amazingly healing for dry, brittle and frizzy hair! It has made a remarkable difference where no other product has. Thank you for commitment for excellence!"
Let's take a look at why people keep sharing their love of Seed for helping improve the look and condition of their hair.
Let's call this one Face Washing for Beginners - or maybe Face Washing 101. Sound silly? On the surface, it likely sounds ridiculous, but the fact is that most people are not washing their face the right way.
The way that you wash your face has a direct impact on the appearance of your skin. We're here to share 5 tips for better face washing.