The Many Benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil
One of the most beloved essential oils is Peppermint (Mentha Piperita). It has so many benefits to mind, body & soul that it's no wonder it is so revered in the aromatherapy community. It is especially popular as we head into the holiday season. Cafes offer peppermint coffee drinks, you'll find recipes for peppermint bark, and candy canes have long been associated with this glorious time of year.
What are the benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil?
- Naturally refreshing, peppermint is one of the more uplifting essential oils.
- There is natural menthol in peppermint to provide skin with cooling sensation.
- Peppermint is noted for its ability to bring about clarity. In fact, there was a 2008 study in the International Journal of Neuroscience with some really impressing results concerning peppermint. The study showed that peppermint increases mental alertness and can enhance memory.
- Do you have a headache? Researchers at Germany's University of Kiel studied a group of headache sufferers and determined that peppermint can help alleviate headache symptoms. Similar results were indicated in an article published in American Family Medicine.
We also recommend these minty fresh Seed products:
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
We cannot believe that it's already the second week of December. While the calendar technically still says Autumn, your skin is likely showing the effects of winter temperatures.
With the changing seasons comes a need to adjust your skin care routine a bit.
Winter is the ideal time to repair and renew your skin. The long, hot summer temperatures -- and extra sun exposure that you experienced -- likely did a bit of damage to your skin, so now is your opportunity to do a bit of repair and prep your complexion for the winter months ahead.Here at Seed, we are sharing our expert tips for soft, healthy looking skin all winter long.
Still having a hard time finding the perfect gift for the holidays? No need to look any further, because our limited-edition Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream is just what you've been looking for.
It can be difficult choosing body care for people. Many people find scented products to be too strong. In fact, artificial fragrance is linked to everything from allergies and asthma to chronic headaches. Our body creams are scented only with 100% natural essential oils and are subtle and beautiful. There is something so very special about this particular body cream.
It's like a comforting cup of tea.
Not only is the formula pure luxury with its decadent, rich texture, but the ingredients sink right in to pamper even the driest of skin types. Enriched with sunflower seed oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, shea butter, antioxidant green tea, and more, our cream makes your skin feel as smooth as satin. Did we mention the aroma of the pure oils? It is honestly like a cup of herbal lemon ginger tea. It is comforting and warm, spicy and a bit tart. It is just stunning. Treat yourself -- or someone you love -- to Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream from Seed.
Did you know that this cold, dry winter weather can have a major impact on your skin care routine? Our friends near the Great Lakes are seeing significant amounts of snowfall. My friend Lauren in West Seneca, New York has more than five FEET of snow. Let’s take a look at the low humidity and frigid temperatures affect your skin.
Itchiness and a tight feeling are common skin issues related to dry air, but there are some skin care tips you can use to help tackle the problem.
- Be gentle on your skin. When you dry off after bathing, be sure to pat your skin dry. Don’t rub.
- Always follow your shower or bath with a rich cream layered over body oil.
- Look for cream formulations instead of lotions and fluids for facial hydration.
- Avoid ingredients such as alcohol and sulfates, which will cause more dryness.