The Many Benefits of Patchouli Essential Oil
Essential oils continue to become more and more popular -- and with more science behind the benefits. Today, we are going to enjoy an in-depth look at Patchouli Essential Oil.
Patchouli (Pogostemon Cablin) is distilled from patchouli leaves and features an earthy, warm, musky aroma. You may even detect some light fruit notes from this oil. This is one of those oils that people either tend to love or hate when used on its own. Even people who swear that they could never enjoy its distinctive scent may find that become fans when blended with other oils! Plus, there are so many health and skin care benefits that you will not want to overlook this one.
The Health Benefits of Patchouli Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil may help promote sleep, according to a preliminary study published in the Journal of Natural Medicines.
- Patchouli is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-fungal, per a study published in Microbios.
- Commonly used for meditation, Patchouli is considered a grounding oil and may have anti-depressant qualities.
The Skin Care Benefits of Patchouli Essential Oil
- Patchouli may help to alleviate symptoms associated with eczema and dandruff.
- This oil is skin balancing, making it helpful for both oily and dry skin types.
- Anti-aging properties are associated with Patchouli.
- Patchouli may help prevent mosquito bites by acting as a bug repellent, according to a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
Blending Ideas for Patchouli Essential Oil
- Clary Cage
Seed Beneficial Blends featuring Patchouli Oil:
If you’re craving a little mystery or a touch of the exotic in your life, you’ve come to the right place.
Valentine's Day will be here before we know it. Why not consider Seeduction for a bit of romance?
- Lushly scented Ylang Ylang is considered an aphrodisiac
- Ginger's warm and spicy notes are often described as seductive
- Distinctive Patchouli creates a sense of calm
We’ve all had that kind of day: stress, stress, and more stress. Rescue your evening with one of our Beneficial Blends body care products in Stress Relief. Ready, set, de-stress!
- Clary Sage helps alleviate exhaustion and stress
- Lavender is recognized for its ability to soothe the senses
- Patchouli’s distinctive aroma provides a sense of calm
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
It seems that we're right in the middle of cold and flu season. In addition to feeling like you have been run over by a truck, when you are under the weather, your skin can reflect how you feel on the inside. We would like to share some of our best tips for your skin during cold and flu season:
1. Wash your hands.
Washing your hands with soap and warm water is your best line of defense against the germs that are out there floating around. No need for anti-bacterial soap, says the CDC. Unless you are a hospital visitor or in the medical field, regular soap and water will be effective. If there is no soap available, you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer in a pinch.