All About Essential Oils: Patchouli
We're continuing our All About Essential Oils series today on the (seed) blog with an in-depth look at Patchouli Essential Oil.
Patchouli (Pogostemon Cablin) is distilled from patchouli leaves and features an earthy, warm, musky aroma. You may even detect some light fruit notes from this oil. This is one of those oils that people either tend to love or hate when used on its own. Even people who swear that they could never enjoy its distinctive scent may find that become fans when blended with other oils! Plus, there are so many health and skin care benefits that you will not want to overlook this one.
The Health Benefits of Patchouli Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil may help promote sleep, according to a preliminary study published in the Journal of Natural Medicines.
- Patchouli is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-fungal, per a study published in Microbios.
- Commonly used for meditation, Patchouli is considered a grounding oil and may have anti-depressant qualities.
The Skin Care Benefits of Patchouli Essential Oil
- Patchouli may help to alleviate symptoms associated with eczema and dandruff.
- This oil is skin balancing, making it helpful for both oily and dry skin types.
- Anti-aging properties are associated with Patchouli.
- Patchouli may help prevent mosquito bites by acting as a bug repellent, according to a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
Blending Ideas for Patchouli Essential Oil
- Clary Cage
Seed Beneficial Blends featuring Patchouli Oil:
If you’re craving a little mystery or a touch of the exotic in your life, you’ve come to the right place.
- Lushly scented Ylang Ylang is considered an aphrodisiac
- Orange’s sweet citrus notes balance the floral notes and add relaxation properties
- Distinctive Patchouli creates a sense of calm
We’ve all had that kind of day: stress, stress, and more stress. Rescue your evening with a bath or shower featuring Stress Relieving Blend Body Wash. Ready, set, de-stress!
- Clary Sage helps alleviate exhaustion and stress
- Lavender is recognized for its ability to soothe the senses
- Patchouli’s distinctive aroma provides a sense of calm
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Let's call it Face Washing 101. It may seem like a no-brainer, but are you washing your face properly? Maybe not.
Today, we're sharing how to wash your face the correct way.
1. Before you even think of touching your face, wash your hands.
So many of us overlook this step, but it is crucial. If you just wet your hands and apply cleanser, you will be rubbing bacteria and dirt onto your skin. By doing so, your pores may become clogged and breakouts may occur. Wash your hands thoroughly and then apply your facial care.
College students, let us help you establish a healthy skin care and wellness routine.
We've all heard about the "Freshman 15." I gained about 7 pounds freshman year. I can tell you that I had many choices in the dining hall, but my mom wasn't there to make sure I ate my fruits and veggies. I loaded up on macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. I drank soda pop instead of water. I made Pop Tarts in my dorm room and ordered pizza regularly. Eat as many fresh, whole foods as you can and drink lots of water. Your skin will benefit from this. I recommend eating lots of