Let's talk about Ylang Ylang today. While it may be one of the lesser known essential oils, Ylang Ylang has myriad benefits.
Ylang Ylang, or Cananga Odorata, is distilled from Ylang Ylang flowers. The aroma is a rich and sweet floral. While the scent is rich, is remains delicate and is not overpowering.
The Health Benefits of Ylang Ylang
- Research indicates that this essential oil may sedative and antidepressant benefits .
- A study in the Journal of Exercise Rehabilitation demonstrated that Ylang Ylang may also lower high blood pressure in men.
- Those suffering from Seborrheic Dermatitis may also see an improvement in the condition when using products featuring Ylang Ylang.
The Skin Care Benefits of Ylang Ylang
- Ylang Ylang is a skin balancing essential oil. It can help treat both oily and dry skin types. If your skin is oily, Ylang Ylang can help balance sebum and if it is dry it may help restore hydration.
- The antiseptic benefits of Ylang Ylang make it ideal for treating skin irritations.
- Ylang Ylang is often used to care for wounds.
- For thousands of years, this oil has been used to prevent and treat skin aging in Southeast Asia.
Consider Blending Ylang Ylang With These Oils
- Clary Sage