5 Ways to Do Your Part This Earth Day
Today is Earth Day and here at Seed, we'd like to share five of our favorite ways to do your part for the environment not just on April 22, but every single day of the year. Small changes can have a big impact!
1. Still have old lightbulbs? Make the switch to LED or compact fluorescent bulbs. These bulbs last, on average, up to 15 times longer and consume 1/5 to 1/3 of the electricity.
2. Eliminate junk mail. There are apps now that can actually help you reduce your carbon footprint. How? With these apps, you snap a photo of the junk mail you do not wish and it removes you from the mailing list.
3. Did you know that there are over a TRILLION plastic bags out there? Carry reusable shopping bags.
4. Do you grab a coffee in the drive-thru on your way to work? Think of the amount of cups you are tossing out each week. Most coffee shops have their own reusable travel mugs you can buy and will offer you a discount if you refill them. You don’t have to skip your drive-thru coffee and you will be helping the earth.
5. When you are doing the laundry, wash clothes in cold water. Not only will this save lots of energy, but cold water is better for your clothes. Really? Yes! Check out this great article we found in Smithsonian Magazine.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
The industry is constantly evolving and we like to share what captures our attention. Once a month, we are looking back at trending stories of interest on the subjects of beauty, skin care, health and wellness, aromatherapy, and more.
New science behind the benefits of lavender essential oil
Prevention recently published an article featuring the many benefits of lavender essential oil -- each claim backed by science. We've long been enamored with the relaxing effects of lavender and it is so promising to see research supporting the plant's myriad benefits, from alleviating the itch of bug bites to soothing the side effects of PMS.
There are many clear lip gloss options on the market today. Knowing which clear lip gloss is best for you, though, can be difficult when there are so many choices. We are here to take the guesswork out of shopping for a colorless gloss.
If your only goal is to have some shine on your lips, then pretty much any lip gloss will likely suit your needs. If you are concerned about ingredients and actual benefits, though, taking a look at the differences is important.
There are many cheap lip gloss options, especially when it comes to clear gloss
If you are on the quest for healthy looking skin, this ingredient needs to be in your skin care arsenal.
Niacinamide, or Vitamin B3 (also called Nicotinic Acid) offers multiple benefits to the skin. It can help to visibly diminish the appearance of large pores, fine lines, skin dullness, and also helps to even out skin tone.
There is solid research supporting the benefits of Niacinamide.This skin vitamin is one that truly benefits nearly every skin type. Other recent research published by the editors of the Melanoma Letter suggests that niacinamide "can significantly reduce recurrences of actinic keratosis, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma in patients with a history of these lesions."