5 Ways to Do Your Part This Earth Day
Today is Earth Day and here at Seed, we'd like to share five of our favorite ways to do your part for the environment not just on April 22, but every single day of the year. Small changes can have a big impact!
1. Still have old lightbulbs? Make the switch to LED or compact fluorescent bulbs. These bulbs last, on average, up to 15 times longer and consume 1/5 to 1/3 of the electricity.
2. Eliminate junk mail. There are apps now that can actually help you reduce your carbon footprint. How? With these apps, you snap a photo of the junk mail you do not wish and it removes you from the mailing list.
3. Did you know that there are over a TRILLION plastic bags out there? Carry reusable shopping bags.
4. Do you grab a coffee in the drive-thru on your way to work? Think of the amount of cups you are tossing out each week. Most coffee shops have their own reusable travel mugs you can buy and will offer you a discount if you refill them. You don’t have to skip your drive-thru coffee and you will be helping the earth.
5. When you are doing the laundry, wash clothes in cold water. Not only will this save lots of energy, but cold water is better for your clothes. Really? Yes! Check out this great article we found in Smithsonian Magazine.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
We cannot believe that it's already the third week of January! Yes, it is snowy and cold. The heat is always running and it definitely can wreak havoc on the skin.
Winter is the ideal time to repair and renew your skin, though. The long, hot summer temperatures -- and extra sun exposure that you experienced -- likely did a bit of damage to your skin, so now is your opportunity to do a bit of repair and restoration.
Here at Seed, we are sharing our expert tips for soft, healthy looking skin all winter long.
Essential oils continue to become more and more popular -- and with more science behind the benefits. Today, we are going to enjoy an in-depth look at Patchouli Essential Oil.
Patchouli (Pogostemon Cablin) is distilled from patchouli leaves and features an earthy, warm, musky aroma. You may even detect some light fruit notes from this oil. This is one of those oils that people either tend to love or hate when used on its own. Even people who swear that they could never enjoy its distinctive scent may find that become fans when blended with other oils! Plus, there are so many health and skin care benefits that you will not want to overlook this one.
Argan oil is one of the most promising -- and most proven -- ingredients in skin care. While it is not a new ingredient, it is an important one which has stood the test of time.
Today we're sharing 5 key benefits of this oil. Although it is not as well known as coconut oil or jojoba oil, argan is truly a special oil.
Argan oil, found in both Seed Soft Balm and Seed Advanced Botanicals Extra Moisturizing Face Cream, contains more antioxidant and cell regenerative properties than olive oil, grape seed oil and avocado oil combined.