Every now and then, a truly special ingredient comes along with extraordinary promise when it comes to its skin care benefits. When an ingredient not only shows promise -- but is backed by scientific research -- you know you've come across a real gem.
Date palm extract is one of those treasures. We knew it needed to play a major role in our new Seed Advanced Botanicals Extra Moisturizing Face Cream. Just what is date palm extract and why is it one of the best anti-aging ingredients available today? Let's learn more.
- Phoenix dactylifera, or date palm extract, is scientifically proven to have a significant impact on the visible signs of skin aging. In cosmetics, this is a patented active ingredient known as D'Orientine S.
- Date palm is rich in phytohormones, which are proven to have wrinkle fighting properties. In a study published in the International Journal of Tissue Reactions, date palm reduced the surface area of wrinkles by 27.6% and reduced wrinkle depth of study participants by 3.52%.
- The most recent published study on date palm and skin aging was published earlier this year was even more amazing, as it revealed that topical application resulted in improved skin elasticity, an increase in skin brightness, greater skin hydration, and a decrease in redness and hyperpigmentation. This means that it can target nearly every skin concern associated with aging.
- This ingredient has been widely studied for years, including a study back in 2010 which showed that not only does date palm help slow the signs of aging, but that it also may improve the symptoms of rosacea.
- There are seven natural compounds present in date palm working in synergy to improve overall skin appearance.This antioxidant powerhouse helps to improve barrier function, reduce the look of lines and wrinkles, and has skin regenerating properties.
Some Key Research on Date Palm Extract:
Meer, S.; Akhtar, N.; Mahmood, T.; Igielska-Kalwat, J. Efficacy of Phoenix dactylifera L. (Date Palm) Creams on Healthy Skin. Cosmetics 2017, 4, 13.