The Six Essentials Your College Student is ForgettingIs this the year you send your son or daughter to college? Between the tears and waves of pride, you’re probably also helping them outfit a dorm room. You know that sheets and towels are necessities, but don’t forget these overlooked must-haves.
1. An umbrella. Most dorms are faaaaaar from classrooms, and Murphy’s Law says it’ll usually pour during your student’s half-hour walk to chem lab.
2. Note cards and stamps. That $20 in the mail from Grandma? The care package from Aunt Susan? Make sure they’re prepared to send thank you notes for gifts, as well as after job or internship interviews.
3. Dressy clothes. Interviews, sorority/fraternity events, dances…the possibilities are endless, but it’s a given that your student will need a shirt and tie or a few dresses.
4. A water filter. A filtration pitcher or a water bottle with filter is a cheap way to overcome foul dorm water. Otherwise, hundreds of dollars will be poured into vending machines for bottled water.
5. Plastic utensils. There’s roughly zero chance that your student will wash utensils well (or often) in the dorms. Sending plastic isn’t the eco choice, but at least your kid won’t get botulism.
6. Dry skin soothers. Whatever the climate outside, the inside of a dorm is often desert-dry. Help your student make a healthy choice by sending a (seed) hand cream, body oil and lip oil in their favorite scent.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
5 Skin Care Benefits of Black Cumin Seed Oil
Black Cumin Seed Oil is an ingredient used in skin care that is unfamiliar to many. We like to think of it as an unsung hero. Just what is Black Cumin Seed Oil and why is it so beneficial for the skin?
Let's learn more:
Black Cumin Seed Oil, or Nigella sativa, is rich in history. Used in skin care for thousands of years, it is believed that both Cleopatra and Nefertiti used the seeds in their bath water. In fact, it is said that this ingredient has been used by royalty as a natural skin care remedy for over 4000 years!
Black Cumin Seed Oil is an elixir for red and irritated skin. Known for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits, Black Cumin Seed Oil is a magical skin care oil that can be used on every skin type.
5 Back to School Skin Care Tips for College Students
College students, let us help you establish a healthy skin care and wellness routine.
We've all heard about the "Freshman 15." I gained about 7 pounds freshman year. I can tell you that I had many choices in the dining hall, but my mom wasn't there to make sure I ate my fruits and veggies. I loaded up on macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. I drank soda pop instead of water. I made Pop Tarts in my dorm room and ordered pizza regularly. Eat as many fresh, whole foods as you can and drink lots of water. Your skin will benefit from this. I recommend eating lots of
10 Skin Care Benefits of Niacinamide
If you are on the quest for healthy looking skin, this ingredient needs to be in your skin care arsenal.
Niacinamide, or Vitamin B3 (also called Nicotinic Acid) offers multiple benefits to the skin. It can help to visibly diminish the appearance of large pores, fine lines, skin dullness, and also helps to even out skin tone.
There is solid research supporting the benefits of Niacinamide.This skin vitamin is one that truly benefits nearly every skin type. Other recent research published by the editors of the Melanoma Letter suggests that niacinamide "can significantly reduce recurrences of actinic keratosis, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma in patients with a history of these lesions."