The Six Essentials Your College Student is ForgettingIs this the year you send your son or daughter to college? Between the tears and waves of pride, you’re probably also helping them outfit a dorm room. You know that sheets and towels are necessities, but don’t forget these overlooked must-haves.
1. An umbrella. Most dorms are faaaaaar from classrooms, and Murphy’s Law says it’ll usually pour during your student’s half-hour walk to chem lab.
2. Note cards and stamps. That $20 in the mail from Grandma? The care package from Aunt Susan? Make sure they’re prepared to send thank you notes for gifts, as well as after job or internship interviews.
3. Dressy clothes. Interviews, sorority/fraternity events, dances…the possibilities are endless, but it’s a given that your student will need a shirt and tie or a few dresses.
4. A water filter. A filtration pitcher or a water bottle with filter is a cheap way to overcome foul dorm water. Otherwise, hundreds of dollars will be poured into vending machines for bottled water.
5. Plastic utensils. There’s roughly zero chance that your student will wash utensils well (or often) in the dorms. Sending plastic isn’t the eco choice, but at least your kid won’t get botulism.
6. Dry skin soothers. Whatever the climate outside, the inside of a dorm is often desert-dry. Help your student make a healthy choice by sending a (seed) hand cream, body oil and lip oil in their favorite scent.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
College students, let us help you establish a healthy skin care and wellness routine.
We've all heard about the "Freshman 15." I gained about 7 pounds freshman year. I can tell you that I had many choices in the dining hall, but my mom wasn't there to make sure I ate my fruits and veggies. I loaded up on macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. I drank soda pop instead of water. I made Pop Tarts in my dorm room and ordered pizza regularly. Eat as many fresh, whole foods as you can and drink lots of water. Your skin will benefit from this. I recommend eating lots of