The Six Essentials Your College Student is ForgettingIs this the year you send your son or daughter to college? Between the tears and waves of pride, you’re probably also helping them outfit a dorm room. You know that sheets and towels are necessities, but don’t forget these overlooked must-haves.
1. An umbrella. Most dorms are faaaaaar from classrooms, and Murphy’s Law says it’ll usually pour during your student’s half-hour walk to chem lab.
2. Note cards and stamps. That $20 in the mail from Grandma? The care package from Aunt Susan? Make sure they’re prepared to send thank you notes for gifts, as well as after job or internship interviews.
3. Dressy clothes. Interviews, sorority/fraternity events, dances…the possibilities are endless, but it’s a given that your student will need a shirt and tie or a few dresses.
4. A water filter. A filtration pitcher or a water bottle with filter is a cheap way to overcome foul dorm water. Otherwise, hundreds of dollars will be poured into vending machines for bottled water.
5. Plastic utensils. There’s roughly zero chance that your student will wash utensils well (or often) in the dorms. Sending plastic isn’t the eco choice, but at least your kid won’t get botulism.
6. Dry skin soothers. Whatever the climate outside, the inside of a dorm is often desert-dry. Help your student make a healthy choice by sending a (seed) hand cream, body oil and lip oil in their favorite scent.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Can you believe it is already the first full week of 2019? Me either!
I don't particularly care for New Year's Resolutions. Quite frankly, I believe in living each day one day at a time. I also believe that instead of trying to fix what we perceive as being flaws, we should resolve to treat ourselves more kindly. I do have some skin care and beauty resolutions that I would like to share with you, though.
1. Resolve to wash your face every single night before bed -- no exceptions.
Dermatologists recommend removing makeup each night for several reasons. First of all, if you do not remove your makeup, your pores will not have a chance to "breathe".
Your pores will become clogged with the ingredients in your makeup, no matter how natural it may be. The sebum will become trapped in your pores and you're risking a breakout. Leaving on eye makeup can cause other issues, such as redness, irritation, and even infection.
Environmental contaminants also lurk on the skin, so a gentle cleansing is in order.
You also may begin to look older if you do not remove your makeup at night. Why? Your skin cells regenerate at night at a faster rate than daytime. If your skin cannot breathe because of makeup left behind, the cell regeneration process won't be effective, making your skin look older over time.
Choose a gentle cleanser such as Seed Advanced Botanicals Daily Facial Cleanser.
2018 was a big year here at Seed. We celebrated our 9th (NINTH!) year, added even more precious ingredients to our natural face and body care lineup, offered new packaging, revamped our website for an even more seamless shopping experience, started offering limited edition scents, and launched Soft Balm. We thank you for being part of our 2018 and look forward to celebrating 2019 -- our tenth year!
Let's take a look at some of our 9 favorite blog posts, why don't we?
If you were to chat with your favorite esthetician or dermatologist about their favorite ingredient to combat dry skin, they will likely say that it is hyaluronic acid. In this blog post, we are sharing the many benefits of hyaluronic acid (which isn't actually an acid in a traditional sense).
As I type this it is a Tuesday morning at 10:30 am. I am already ready for the weekend to be here. How about you? Can you even believe that we are just one week out from Christmas?
While the holidays are so much fun, this time of year is full of events, from chorus concerts and shopping for gifts to parties and hosting out of town guests. It can leave you feeling a bit like a battery losing its charge.
How can you relax and recharge when you are running short on time? We're going to share some tips on mindfulness that will not take much time at all, but will leave you feeling like you've had a little boost.