Why Seed is the Best Choice for Lip Care
Have you tried two of our newer products yet — our Therapeutic Lip Oil and our Smoothing Lip Oil? Both will pamper and nourish your lips, but each has different oils and works a bit differently. Today, I am going to share why I am in love with our Smoothing Lip Oil.
First of all, one perk of working on some projects for (seed) is that I get to try out some products before they are launched. I have been using our lip oils for about a year and I am not exaggerating when I say that these products are fabulous. I have to tell you that my secret to beautiful lips is not my lipstick or lip gloss — it is our Smoothing Lip Oil.
Most of us go to great lengths when it comes to our beauty routines. If you wear foundation, think of the steps you take before you apply it. You apply your toner, moisturizer and possibly a primer. Then you wait for it to dry and lovingly apply your favorite foundation, taking great care to blend it in seamlessly.
Our lips, though, are often overlooked. I think that we tend to forget that our lips are skin, too. How often do you just slap on a lipstick without paying attention to your lips? Just like you would not apply your makeup without prepping your skin, you should do the same for your lips.
Dead, dull skin cells can cause flaking and uneven texture on the lips. If you apply lipstick or gloss over flaky lips, your lips will look rough, dry and even older. Moisturized lips look smoother, healthier and younger.
How to get healthy, beautiful lips
- Exfoliate your lips. What? Really? YES. Mix equal parts sugar and natural oil and make a homemade scrub. Massage the scrub into your lips in circular motions. You can use your fingers or even a clean toothbrush. Then rinse off. The deal skin cells will be sloughed off.
- Moisturize your lips. Our Smoothing Lip Oil is just what your lips need! I cannot imagine not using it as a key step in my beauty routine! Why oil and not balm? First of all, balms contain wax. The most common form of wax in lip balm is beeswax. Did you know that beewax does not actually penetrate the lips? It sits there on top of them. Oils, however, absorb and provide real nourishment and benefits to the lips. Smoothing Lip Oil contains grape seed, sunflower, jojoba and apricot kernel oil — as well as other plant-based ingredients. These oils give your lips a smooth texture without feeling heavy or greasy.
- Allow your lip oil to sink in for a couple moments. Now you are ready to apply your favorite lip gloss or lip balm. This is a MUST HAVE product in my makeup bag!
- Within two days of use, I started getting even more compliments on my lips! My lips are full, soft and healthy looking and feeling.
What you will notice from the get-go
- Lips feel silky and soft, but without there being a heavy, waxy feeling. This has always been my complaint about lip balm. I do not like the waxy texture. I don’t like that it feels sticky, nor do I enjoy the fact that my lipstick doesn’t seem to work well over lip balm.
- You will love the roller ball applicator. It’s brilliant. Just glide it across the lips — no pulling or tugging ever.
- How could I forget to mention the vanilla? Vanilla. I love it. While other lip products use artificial vanilla flavor oil, usually containing synthetic sweeteners like Aspartame, we use our proprietary vanilla extract.
- You will love how your lips look and feel!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Argan oil is one of the most promising -- and most proven -- ingredients in skin care. While it is not a new ingredient, it is an important one which has stood the test of time.
Today we're sharing 5 key benefits of this oil. Although it is not as well known as coconut oil or jojoba oil, argan is truly a special oil.
Argan oil, found in both Seed Soft Balm and Seed Advanced Botanicals Extra Moisturizing Face Cream, contains more antioxidant and cell regenerative properties than olive oil, grape seed oil and avocado oil combined.
We're going to spotlight the special ingredients used in this serum so you can learn why each one was chosen to be used in our formulation.
This week's Ingredient Spotlight is on Kakadu Plum.
What is Kakadu Plum Extract?
Kakadu Plum (Terminalia Ferdinandiana) is a sour green fruit that is native to Australia. Small in size, this fruit contains 55 times more Vitamin C than an orange. While it is hard to fine, Kakadu Plum has been creating quite a buzz lately in the skin care industry because of its many benefits. It is safe to say that using Kakadu Plum is not just a passing fad. You'll be seeing a lot more of this ingredient as more and more solid research comes out.
This is a common question people have when seeking out a new facial moisturizer, especially those who have oily or combination skin. Back before people became more ingredients savvy, they heeded the advice "If you have oily skin, you have to choose oil-free products."
The truth, however, is that "oil-free" is