Why Seed is the Best Choice for Lip Care
Have you tried two of our newer products yet — our Therapeutic Lip Oil and our Smoothing Lip Oil? Both will pamper and nourish your lips, but each has different oils and works a bit differently. Today, I am going to share why I am in love with our Smoothing Lip Oil.
First of all, one perk of working on some projects for (seed) is that I get to try out some products before they are launched. I have been using our lip oils for about a year and I am not exaggerating when I say that these products are fabulous. I have to tell you that my secret to beautiful lips is not my lipstick or lip gloss — it is our Smoothing Lip Oil.
Most of us go to great lengths when it comes to our beauty routines. If you wear foundation, think of the steps you take before you apply it. You apply your toner, moisturizer and possibly a primer. Then you wait for it to dry and lovingly apply your favorite foundation, taking great care to blend it in seamlessly.
Our lips, though, are often overlooked. I think that we tend to forget that our lips are skin, too. How often do you just slap on a lipstick without paying attention to your lips? Just like you would not apply your makeup without prepping your skin, you should do the same for your lips.
Dead, dull skin cells can cause flaking and uneven texture on the lips. If you apply lipstick or gloss over flaky lips, your lips will look rough, dry and even older. Moisturized lips look smoother, healthier and younger.
How to get healthy, beautiful lips
- Exfoliate your lips. What? Really? YES. Mix equal parts sugar and natural oil and make a homemade scrub. Massage the scrub into your lips in circular motions. You can use your fingers or even a clean toothbrush. Then rinse off. The deal skin cells will be sloughed off.
- Moisturize your lips. Our Smoothing Lip Oil is just what your lips need! I cannot imagine not using it as a key step in my beauty routine! Why oil and not balm? First of all, balms contain wax. The most common form of wax in lip balm is beeswax. Did you know that beewax does not actually penetrate the lips? It sits there on top of them. Oils, however, absorb and provide real nourishment and benefits to the lips. Smoothing Lip Oil contains grape seed, sunflower, jojoba and apricot kernel oil — as well as other plant-based ingredients. These oils give your lips a smooth texture without feeling heavy or greasy.
- Allow your lip oil to sink in for a couple moments. Now you are ready to apply your favorite lip gloss or lip balm. This is a MUST HAVE product in my makeup bag!
- Within two days of use, I started getting even more compliments on my lips! My lips are full, soft and healthy looking and feeling.
What you will notice from the get-go
- Lips feel silky and soft, but without there being a heavy, waxy feeling. This has always been my complaint about lip balm. I do not like the waxy texture. I don’t like that it feels sticky, nor do I enjoy the fact that my lipstick doesn’t seem to work well over lip balm.
- You will love the roller ball applicator. It’s brilliant. Just glide it across the lips — no pulling or tugging ever.
- How could I forget to mention the vanilla? Vanilla. I love it. While other lip products use artificial vanilla flavor oil, usually containing synthetic sweeteners like Aspartame, we use our proprietary vanilla extract.
- You will love how your lips look and feel!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Let's call it Face Washing 101. It may seem like a no-brainer, but are you washing your face properly? Maybe not.
Today, we're sharing how to wash your face the correct way.
1. Before you even think of touching your face, wash your hands.
So many of us overlook this step, but it is crucial. If you just wet your hands and apply cleanser, you will be rubbing bacteria and dirt onto your skin. By doing so, your pores may become clogged and breakouts may occur. Wash your hands thoroughly and then apply your facial care.
College students, let us help you establish a healthy skin care and wellness routine.
We've all heard about the "Freshman 15." I gained about 7 pounds freshman year. I can tell you that I had many choices in the dining hall, but my mom wasn't there to make sure I ate my fruits and veggies. I loaded up on macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. I drank soda pop instead of water. I made Pop Tarts in my dorm room and ordered pizza regularly. Eat as many fresh, whole foods as you can and drink lots of water. Your skin will benefit from this. I recommend eating lots of