Why Seed is the Best Choice for Lip Care
Have you tried two of our newer products yet — our Therapeutic Lip Oil and our Smoothing Lip Oil? Both will pamper and nourish your lips, but each has different oils and works a bit differently. Today, I am going to share why I am in love with our Smoothing Lip Oil.
First of all, one perk of working on some projects for (seed) is that I get to try out some products before they are launched. I have been using our lip oils for about a year and I am not exaggerating when I say that these products are fabulous. I have to tell you that my secret to beautiful lips is not my lipstick or lip gloss — it is our Smoothing Lip Oil.
Most of us go to great lengths when it comes to our beauty routines. If you wear foundation, think of the steps you take before you apply it. You apply your toner, moisturizer and possibly a primer. Then you wait for it to dry and lovingly apply your favorite foundation, taking great care to blend it in seamlessly.
Our lips, though, are often overlooked. I think that we tend to forget that our lips are skin, too. How often do you just slap on a lipstick without paying attention to your lips? Just like you would not apply your makeup without prepping your skin, you should do the same for your lips.
Dead, dull skin cells can cause flaking and uneven texture on the lips. If you apply lipstick or gloss over flaky lips, your lips will look rough, dry and even older. Moisturized lips look smoother, healthier and younger.
How to get healthy, beautiful lips
- Exfoliate your lips. What? Really? YES. Mix equal parts sugar and natural oil and make a homemade scrub. Massage the scrub into your lips in circular motions. You can use your fingers or even a clean toothbrush. Then rinse off. The deal skin cells will be sloughed off.
- Moisturize your lips. Our Smoothing Lip Oil is just what your lips need! I cannot imagine not using it as a key step in my beauty routine! Why oil and not balm? First of all, balms contain wax. The most common form of wax in lip balm is beeswax. Did you know that beewax does not actually penetrate the lips? It sits there on top of them. Oils, however, absorb and provide real nourishment and benefits to the lips. Smoothing Lip Oil contains grape seed, sunflower, jojoba and apricot kernel oil — as well as other plant-based ingredients. These oils give your lips a smooth texture without feeling heavy or greasy.
- Allow your lip oil to sink in for a couple moments. Now you are ready to apply your favorite lip gloss or lip balm. This is a MUST HAVE product in my makeup bag!
- Within two days of use, I started getting even more compliments on my lips! My lips are full, soft and healthy looking and feeling.
What you will notice from the get-go
- Lips feel silky and soft, but without there being a heavy, waxy feeling. This has always been my complaint about lip balm. I do not like the waxy texture. I don’t like that it feels sticky, nor do I enjoy the fact that my lipstick doesn’t seem to work well over lip balm.
- You will love the roller ball applicator. It’s brilliant. Just glide it across the lips — no pulling or tugging ever.
- How could I forget to mention the vanilla? Vanilla. I love it. While other lip products use artificial vanilla flavor oil, usually containing synthetic sweeteners like Aspartame, we use our proprietary vanilla extract.
- You will love how your lips look and feel!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Do you still use shaving cream from the drugstore?
Take a look at the back of the canister when you use it next time. Chances are, Triethanolamine and Propane are near the top of the ingredients listing.
- Triethanolamine is an emulsifier and pH adjuster; can be especially hazardous when combined with Diazolidinyl Urea. Studies have shown that a large number of cosmetics with TEA (short for Triethanolamine) are contaminated with Nitrosamines, which are carcinogenic. (source)
- Propane, a hydrocarbon, is a propellant. It helps give the product its mousse-like fluffy foam. It is extremely sensitizing to the lungs in moderate doses. It can be highly irritating to the skin, nasal passages and mucus membranes. More than 6,500 studies have been conducted on propane. It is a skin, lung, and eye irritant. (source)
We have shared many "hacks" using our products over the years. Before we had lip products, Rebecca would apply our body cream to her chapped lips. Before we came out with facial care, I used our fragrance free hand cream on dry patches. I use fragrance free body oil on my eye lashes to keep them shiny and as a cuticle oil, too.
Can Seed products be used on the hair? Yes, absolutely!
Our friend, Tori, uses our Soft Balm on her hair and Susan, one of our valued customers, shares this about our Body Oil:
"You should really include in your summary that this wonderful product is also amazingly healing for dry, brittle and frizzy hair! It has made a remarkable difference where no other product has. Thank you for commitment for excellence!"
Let's take a look at why people keep sharing their love of Seed for helping improve the look and condition of their hair.
Let's call this one Face Washing for Beginners - or maybe Face Washing 101. Sound silly? On the surface, it likely sounds ridiculous, but the fact is that most people are not washing their face the right way.
The way that you wash your face has a direct impact on the appearance of your skin. We're here to share 5 tips for better face washing.