Why Seed is the Best Choice for Lip Care
Have you tried two of our newer products yet — our Therapeutic Lip Oil and our Smoothing Lip Oil? Both will pamper and nourish your lips, but each has different oils and works a bit differently. Today, I am going to share why I am in love with our Smoothing Lip Oil.
First of all, one perk of working on some projects for (seed) is that I get to try out some products before they are launched. I have been using our lip oils for about a year and I am not exaggerating when I say that these products are fabulous. I have to tell you that my secret to beautiful lips is not my lipstick or lip gloss — it is our Smoothing Lip Oil.
Most of us go to great lengths when it comes to our beauty routines. If you wear foundation, think of the steps you take before you apply it. You apply your toner, moisturizer and possibly a primer. Then you wait for it to dry and lovingly apply your favorite foundation, taking great care to blend it in seamlessly.
Our lips, though, are often overlooked. I think that we tend to forget that our lips are skin, too. How often do you just slap on a lipstick without paying attention to your lips? Just like you would not apply your makeup without prepping your skin, you should do the same for your lips.
Dead, dull skin cells can cause flaking and uneven texture on the lips. If you apply lipstick or gloss over flaky lips, your lips will look rough, dry and even older. Moisturized lips look smoother, healthier and younger.
How to get healthy, beautiful lips
- Exfoliate your lips. What? Really? YES. Mix equal parts sugar and natural oil and make a homemade scrub. Massage the scrub into your lips in circular motions. You can use your fingers or even a clean toothbrush. Then rinse off. The deal skin cells will be sloughed off.
- Moisturize your lips. Our Smoothing Lip Oil is just what your lips need! I cannot imagine not using it as a key step in my beauty routine! Why oil and not balm? First of all, balms contain wax. The most common form of wax in lip balm is beeswax. Did you know that beewax does not actually penetrate the lips? It sits there on top of them. Oils, however, absorb and provide real nourishment and benefits to the lips. Smoothing Lip Oil contains grape seed, sunflower, jojoba and apricot kernel oil — as well as other plant-based ingredients. These oils give your lips a smooth texture without feeling heavy or greasy.
- Allow your lip oil to sink in for a couple moments. Now you are ready to apply your favorite lip gloss or lip balm. This is a MUST HAVE product in my makeup bag!
- Within two days of use, I started getting even more compliments on my lips! My lips are full, soft and healthy looking and feeling.
What you will notice from the get-go
- Lips feel silky and soft, but without there being a heavy, waxy feeling. This has always been my complaint about lip balm. I do not like the waxy texture. I don’t like that it feels sticky, nor do I enjoy the fact that my lipstick doesn’t seem to work well over lip balm.
- You will love the roller ball applicator. It’s brilliant. Just glide it across the lips — no pulling or tugging ever.
- How could I forget to mention the vanilla? Vanilla. I love it. While other lip products use artificial vanilla flavor oil, usually containing synthetic sweeteners like Aspartame, we use our proprietary vanilla extract.
- You will love how your lips look and feel!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Today is Giving Tuesday, a day when millions engage in charitable acts.
I'd like to expand on the topic of giving.
The greatest gift you can give a person, I believe, is expressing your gratitude. Making someone feel loved and appreciated is a true gift. Don’t wait for “later” or a “more convenient time” to show your gratitude for the people you love.
Whether it's your significant other, parents, friends, your child's teacher or a neighbor, wouldn't it be really amazing if you took a moment to show someone your gratitude each day?
I have some ideas for ways you can show those you care about how much you appreciate them.
Hyaluronic acid may be one of the most misunderstood ingredients in skin care. When people see the word acid, they often associate it with a component of chemical exfoliants like alpha hydroxy or beta hydroxy acid. Do not let the word acid scare you. It's not what you think it is.
Are petrolatum-based balms the key to soft lips?
What is the first thing most people reach for when their lips are feeling dry? If you answered the traditional balm for chapped lips sold at the drugstore, you're right. Unfortunately, a crude oil-derived balm is not the best choice.
It's a common misconception that these balms help deliver moisture to the lips.
Here's what Dr. Mauro C. Rumita, who specializes in esthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery says on the subject: "Contrary to what most people believe, [some] don't hydrate the lips. Instead, they seal moisture out, so lips can't absorb it."
Do you need a physical barrier like a balm can provide? Yes, in certain situations. If you are outdoors a lot and exposed to the elements, it would be best to consider a natural balm to give your lips a layer of protection from Mother Nature. While a balm does not deliver moisture into the lips, it does protect.
Our plant based Seed Soft Balm protects without the most common ingredient found in lip balm: petrolatum. Not familiar with petrolatum? Here is a link to more information from the Skin Deep Database. It includes petrolatum's common synonyms, including "mineral grease." I don't know about you, but I don't want that on my lips.