Why Seed is the Best Choice for Lip Care
Have you tried two of our newer products yet — our Therapeutic Lip Oil and our Smoothing Lip Oil? Both will pamper and nourish your lips, but each has different oils and works a bit differently. Today, I am going to share why I am in love with our Smoothing Lip Oil.
First of all, one perk of working on some projects for (seed) is that I get to try out some products before they are launched. I have been using our lip oils for about a year and I am not exaggerating when I say that these products are fabulous. I have to tell you that my secret to beautiful lips is not my lipstick or lip gloss — it is our Smoothing Lip Oil.
Most of us go to great lengths when it comes to our beauty routines. If you wear foundation, think of the steps you take before you apply it. You apply your toner, moisturizer and possibly a primer. Then you wait for it to dry and lovingly apply your favorite foundation, taking great care to blend it in seamlessly.
Our lips, though, are often overlooked. I think that we tend to forget that our lips are skin, too. How often do you just slap on a lipstick without paying attention to your lips? Just like you would not apply your makeup without prepping your skin, you should do the same for your lips.
Dead, dull skin cells can cause flaking and uneven texture on the lips. If you apply lipstick or gloss over flaky lips, your lips will look rough, dry and even older. Moisturized lips look smoother, healthier and younger.
How to get healthy, beautiful lips
- Exfoliate your lips. What? Really? YES. Mix equal parts sugar and natural oil and make a homemade scrub. Massage the scrub into your lips in circular motions. You can use your fingers or even a clean toothbrush. Then rinse off. The deal skin cells will be sloughed off.
- Moisturize your lips. Our Smoothing Lip Oil is just what your lips need! I cannot imagine not using it as a key step in my beauty routine! Why oil and not balm? First of all, balms contain wax. The most common form of wax in lip balm is beeswax. Did you know that beewax does not actually penetrate the lips? It sits there on top of them. Oils, however, absorb and provide real nourishment and benefits to the lips. Smoothing Lip Oil contains grape seed, sunflower, jojoba and apricot kernel oil — as well as other plant-based ingredients. These oils give your lips a smooth texture without feeling heavy or greasy.
- Allow your lip oil to sink in for a couple moments. Now you are ready to apply your favorite lip gloss or lip balm. This is a MUST HAVE product in my makeup bag!
- Within two days of use, I started getting even more compliments on my lips! My lips are full, soft and healthy looking and feeling.
What you will notice from the get-go
- Lips feel silky and soft, but without there being a heavy, waxy feeling. This has always been my complaint about lip balm. I do not like the waxy texture. I don’t like that it feels sticky, nor do I enjoy the fact that my lipstick doesn’t seem to work well over lip balm.
- You will love the roller ball applicator. It’s brilliant. Just glide it across the lips — no pulling or tugging ever.
- How could I forget to mention the vanilla? Vanilla. I love it. While other lip products use artificial vanilla flavor oil, usually containing synthetic sweeteners like Aspartame, we use our proprietary vanilla extract.
- You will love how your lips look and feel!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
We cannot believe that it's already the second week of December. While the calendar technically still says Autumn, your skin is likely showing the effects of winter temperatures.
With the changing seasons comes a need to adjust your skin care routine a bit.
Winter is the ideal time to repair and renew your skin. The long, hot summer temperatures -- and extra sun exposure that you experienced -- likely did a bit of damage to your skin, so now is your opportunity to do a bit of repair and prep your complexion for the winter months ahead.Here at Seed, we are sharing our expert tips for soft, healthy looking skin all winter long.
Still having a hard time finding the perfect gift for the holidays? No need to look any further, because our limited-edition Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream is just what you've been looking for.
It can be difficult choosing body care for people. Many people find scented products to be too strong. In fact, artificial fragrance is linked to everything from allergies and asthma to chronic headaches. Our body creams are scented only with 100% natural essential oils and are subtle and beautiful. There is something so very special about this particular body cream.
It's like a comforting cup of tea.
Not only is the formula pure luxury with its decadent, rich texture, but the ingredients sink right in to pamper even the driest of skin types. Enriched with sunflower seed oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, shea butter, antioxidant green tea, and more, our cream makes your skin feel as smooth as satin. Did we mention the aroma of the pure oils? It is honestly like a cup of herbal lemon ginger tea. It is comforting and warm, spicy and a bit tart. It is just stunning. Treat yourself -- or someone you love -- to Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream from Seed.
Did you know that this cold, dry winter weather can have a major impact on your skin care routine? Our friends near the Great Lakes are seeing significant amounts of snowfall. My friend Lauren in West Seneca, New York has more than five FEET of snow. Let’s take a look at the low humidity and frigid temperatures affect your skin.
Itchiness and a tight feeling are common skin issues related to dry air, but there are some skin care tips you can use to help tackle the problem.
- Be gentle on your skin. When you dry off after bathing, be sure to pat your skin dry. Don’t rub.
- Always follow your shower or bath with a rich cream layered over body oil.
- Look for cream formulations instead of lotions and fluids for facial hydration.
- Avoid ingredients such as alcohol and sulfates, which will cause more dryness.