When it comes to beauty trends for Spring, a pop of color on the lips is the name of the game. Everything from melon and fuchsia to bubblegum pink and cherry red are all popular colors as we head into warmer weather. Prefer something more muted? No problem -- nude pink and bronze are subtle choices this spring as well.
Make the most of spring's bold lips
Just as you would take good care of your skin before applying your makeup, prepping your lips for lipstick is key. I'm going to share some tips of how to create the perfect canvas for your lipstick.
- Exfoliate your lips. After a long winter, your lips may be dry and flaky, causing an uneven texture. Use a natural lip scrub -- or make one right in your kitchen -- to slough off dry flakes. I recommend using turbinado sugar and grape seed, olive, sunflower, or any other natural oil to create a scrub. You can even add in some honey or coconut oil. Rub using gentle circular motions for 30 seconds, then rinse off.
- Nourish your lips. I don't know about you, but I am not fond of waxy bonds that just sit on top of my lips, so I use our Lip Oil. We offer Therapeutic Lip Oil and Smoothing Lip Oil (vanilla). I adore both, but swear by the Smoothing Lip Oil in the morning. It is as essential as my eye cream and facial moisturizer. After I do my morning skin care, I apply my lip oil and let it sink in while I am applying my eye makeup.
- Next, apply a clear, colorless lip liner. Clear? Yes. These are fabulous. They are applied around the lips, are practically invisible, yet help prevent your lipstick from bleeding. I highly recommend this step!
- Pick your favorite spring lip color. Apply one coat and gently blot.
- Follow with a second coat for good measure or apply a coordinating shade of lip gloss.
- Tip: You can even apply our Lip Oil OVER your lipstick for added shine. I do this all the time!
Lips are often neglected. Take the time (just a minute!) to pamper them. What lip colors will YOU be wearing this spring?