How do you get smooth, silky, summer-ready legs?
Are your legs ready for skirts, shorts & sundresses? Did you ignore your legs all winter? Maybe you didn't exfoliate regularly. Perhaps you didn't moisturize enough.
If your legs look dry, dull, and flaky, we can help with just 3 simple steps to healthy summer legs!
1. Prep your legs for shaving with gentle exfoliation. You can easily make a scrub at home. Everyone need to exfoliate - or slough off dead skin cells. If you don't remove the dead skin cells, they will accumulate. When this happens, skin is left dull, while pores become clogged.
Simply make an oil and sugar or salt mixture and Voila! You can mix sea salt or turbinado sugar with an oil such as grape seed or sunflower. Even olive oil from your kitchen will work! You can make it as oily or as dry & coarse as you'd like. Apply to damp skin in circular motions and rinse off. Now your skin is ready for the next step!
2. Choose a natural shaving product to shave your legs. Our fragrance free Seed Shaving Bar is perfect for getting those legs silky smooth. Why? A close and comfortable shave every time, plus the moisturizing benefits old-school canister of foamy shaving cream just cannot come close to providing.
Did you know that people tell us their blades last longer after using our bar? You decide! The grape seed oil, shea butter, aloe vera and evening primrose oil will pamper even the most sensitive skin types.The ingredients in traditional canned shaving cream serve no benefit to the skin and can cause irritation. Seed is different -- try it out and see for yourself!
3. After rinsing your legs thoroughly post-shaving, it's time to moisturize! It's hot; it's humid. Let's use some lightweight -- but still highly nourishing -- Seed Body Lotion. Our lotions are rich in protective antioxidants to protect and soothe the skin. The natural, plant-based oils will leave your legs looking and feeling healthy and silky. You can choose from our Fragrance Free or Lavender Sage lotions, choose among our many Beneficial Blends or you can even create your own custom blend.
Can I make a confession? My favorite blend for summer is Grapefruit and Peppermint. It is tart, yet sweet and has a cooling and refreshing peppermint twist. I cannot get enough!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
We cannot believe that it's already the second week of December. While the calendar technically still says Autumn, your skin is likely showing the effects of winter temperatures.
With the changing seasons comes a need to adjust your skin care routine a bit.
Winter is the ideal time to repair and renew your skin. The long, hot summer temperatures -- and extra sun exposure that you experienced -- likely did a bit of damage to your skin, so now is your opportunity to do a bit of repair and prep your complexion for the winter months ahead.Here at Seed, we are sharing our expert tips for soft, healthy looking skin all winter long.
Still having a hard time finding the perfect gift for the holidays? No need to look any further, because our limited-edition Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream is just what you've been looking for.
It can be difficult choosing body care for people. Many people find scented products to be too strong. In fact, artificial fragrance is linked to everything from allergies and asthma to chronic headaches. Our body creams are scented only with 100% natural essential oils and are subtle and beautiful. There is something so very special about this particular body cream.
It's like a comforting cup of tea.
Not only is the formula pure luxury with its decadent, rich texture, but the ingredients sink right in to pamper even the driest of skin types. Enriched with sunflower seed oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, shea butter, antioxidant green tea, and more, our cream makes your skin feel as smooth as satin. Did we mention the aroma of the pure oils? It is honestly like a cup of herbal lemon ginger tea. It is comforting and warm, spicy and a bit tart. It is just stunning. Treat yourself -- or someone you love -- to Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream from Seed.
Did you know that this cold, dry winter weather can have a major impact on your skin care routine? Our friends near the Great Lakes are seeing significant amounts of snowfall. My friend Lauren in West Seneca, New York has more than five FEET of snow. Let’s take a look at the low humidity and frigid temperatures affect your skin.
Itchiness and a tight feeling are common skin issues related to dry air, but there are some skin care tips you can use to help tackle the problem.
- Be gentle on your skin. When you dry off after bathing, be sure to pat your skin dry. Don’t rub.
- Always follow your shower or bath with a rich cream layered over body oil.
- Look for cream formulations instead of lotions and fluids for facial hydration.
- Avoid ingredients such as alcohol and sulfates, which will cause more dryness.