The Benefits of Abyssinian Oil
We recently featured an ingredient you may be unfamiliar with called Abyssinian Oil. There's a good reason -- this is relatively new to the market when it comes to skin care. Let us share why we now feature this fantastic seed oil in our facial care line.
What is Abyssinian Seed Oil?
- Abyssinian Seed Oil, or Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil is a natural seed oil that comes from a mustard plant. It is native to the Mediterranean region.
- There is something truly unique about this oil: it has a molecular structure that is not found in any other naturally occurring substance.
- It is very resistant to oxidation, unlike many plant oils, as it contains a high percentage of C22 fatty acids.
- This oil is easily absorbed and does not leave a sticky or greasy feeling behind.
- Abyssinian Oil contains an abundance of both Linoleic and Linolenic Acids. Linoleic Acid, an Omega 6 fatty acid, is helpful with skin regeneration, while Linolenic Acid, an Omega 3, is anti-inflammatory, cell-communicating, and skin conditioning.
With all of these fantastic benefits, we are proud to be offering it in our Seed Advanced Botanicals Facial Cleansers, Daily Moisturizers, and Extra Moisturizing Face Creams. Try them now!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
We cannot believe that it's already the third week of January! Yes, it is snowy and cold. The heat is always running and it definitely can wreak havoc on the skin.
Winter is the ideal time to repair and renew your skin, though. The long, hot summer temperatures -- and extra sun exposure that you experienced -- likely did a bit of damage to your skin, so now is your opportunity to do a bit of repair and restoration.
Here at Seed, we are sharing our expert tips for soft, healthy looking skin all winter long.
Essential oils continue to become more and more popular -- and with more science behind the benefits. Today, we are going to enjoy an in-depth look at Patchouli Essential Oil.
Patchouli (Pogostemon Cablin) is distilled from patchouli leaves and features an earthy, warm, musky aroma. You may even detect some light fruit notes from this oil. This is one of those oils that people either tend to love or hate when used on its own. Even people who swear that they could never enjoy its distinctive scent may find that become fans when blended with other oils! Plus, there are so many health and skin care benefits that you will not want to overlook this one.
Argan oil is one of the most promising -- and most proven -- ingredients in skin care. While it is not a new ingredient, it is an important one which has stood the test of time.
Today we're sharing 5 key benefits of this oil. Although it is not as well known as coconut oil or jojoba oil, argan is truly a special oil.
Argan oil, found in both Seed Soft Balm and Seed Advanced Botanicals Extra Moisturizing Face Cream, contains more antioxidant and cell regenerative properties than olive oil, grape seed oil and avocado oil combined.