The Benefits of Abyssinian Oil
We recently featured an ingredient you may be unfamiliar with called Abyssinian Oil. There's a good reason -- this is relatively new to the market when it comes to skin care. Let us share why we now feature this fantastic seed oil in our facial care line.
What is Abyssinian Seed Oil?
- Abyssinian Seed Oil, or Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil is a natural seed oil that comes from a mustard plant. It is native to the Mediterranean region.
- There is something truly unique about this oil: it has a molecular structure that is not found in any other naturally occurring substance.
- It is very resistant to oxidation, unlike many plant oils, as it contains a high percentage of C22 fatty acids.
- This oil is easily absorbed and does not leave a sticky or greasy feeling behind.
- Abyssinian Oil contains an abundance of both Linoleic and Linolenic Acids. Linoleic Acid, an Omega 6 fatty acid, is helpful with skin regeneration, while Linolenic Acid, an Omega 3, is anti-inflammatory, cell-communicating, and skin conditioning.
With all of these fantastic benefits, we are proud to be offering it in our Seed Advanced Botanicals Facial Cleansers, Daily Moisturizers, and Extra Moisturizing Face Creams. Try them now!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Argan oil is one of the most promising -- and most proven -- ingredients in skin care. While it is not a new ingredient, it is an important one which has stood the test of time.
Today we're sharing 5 key benefits of this oil. Although it is not as well known as coconut oil or jojoba oil, argan is truly a special oil.
Argan oil, found in both Seed Soft Balm and Seed Advanced Botanicals Extra Moisturizing Face Cream, contains more antioxidant and cell regenerative properties than olive oil, grape seed oil and avocado oil combined.
We're going to spotlight the special ingredients used in this serum so you can learn why each one was chosen to be used in our formulation.
This week's Ingredient Spotlight is on Kakadu Plum.
What is Kakadu Plum Extract?
Kakadu Plum (Terminalia Ferdinandiana) is a sour green fruit that is native to Australia. Small in size, this fruit contains 55 times more Vitamin C than an orange. While it is hard to fine, Kakadu Plum has been creating quite a buzz lately in the skin care industry because of its many benefits. It is safe to say that using Kakadu Plum is not just a passing fad. You'll be seeing a lot more of this ingredient as more and more solid research comes out.
This is a common question people have when seeking out a new facial moisturizer, especially those who have oily or combination skin. Back before people became more ingredients savvy, they heeded the advice "If you have oily skin, you have to choose oil-free products."
The truth, however, is that "oil-free" is