Good to Grow: More moisture, more protection, more nutrients
Seed Body Care is excited to share the launch of Good to Grow, our brand new line of body washes for little ones. Right now, we have three gentle formulas to share with you:
- Outrageous Orange - scented with 100% pure orange essential oil, this gentle, creamy wash is ideal for children one year and older.
- Lavender Dreams - scented with 100% pure lavender essential oil, this soothing to the senses formula is perfect for babies 6 months plus.
- Fragrance Free - this is ultra gentle formula is completely fragrance free for newborns right on up. It is creamy, moisturizing and ideal for the most sensitive skin types.
Walking down any grocery store personal care aisle, you are given many choices when you are choosing a body cleanser for your little ones. From neon green to hot pink and the brightest blue, bubbling body washes to scents like bubble gum and banana milkshake, choices abound.
At the other end of the spectrum, there are natural brands without sulfates, products without parabens. How does one know which product is right for you? Your children are likely drawn to the bright colors and cartoon character packaging. You just want your child to enjoy bathtime and to get clean without skin irritation. Chances are, you are becoming more conscious of the ingredients you use on your children.
Good to Grow is different. It's not like what is on the market now. The ingredients are the reason why. Our goal was to create a body wash that gently, yet effectively cleanses the skin while providing more moisture, more protection, and more nutrients. We realize that babies and small children have thinner and more delicate skin. Skin care isn't "one size fits all" -- caring for children's skin is not the same as caring for adult skin. With Good to Grow, you'll find that you our creamy body wash was made just for your family!
Better ingredients to provide more moisture, more protection & more nutrients
At Seed, ingredients matter. They always have and always will. This, of course, is true with our Good to Grow line. Here's a sampling of what we use in our body washes. As always, COMPLETE INGREDIENTS LISTINGS (because why bother including an ingredients list if you're not going to disclose the complete list) is always available on our website next to each product so you can make informed decisions.
Found in Good to Grow--
- Shea Butter -- Deeply moisturizing, shea butter contains an abundance of nutrients, including Vitamin A & Vitamin E. Shea Butter is nourishing and protective, making it ideal for delicate skin. Studies show that it is naturally anti-inflammatory, plus it strengthens and softens.
- Aloe Vera -- Aloe is skin calming and there is credible research to show that its other benefits include being anti-inflammatory & antibacterial.
- Grape Seed Oil -- This oil is rich in linoleic acid, which helps lock moisture into the skin. It is rich in protective flavonoids and also has reparative and strengthening properties.
- Glycerin -- Naturally derived from plant oils, this is a humectant. It helps to prevent moisture loss and is skin repairing.
- Panthenol -- You may know of this ingredient as Vitamin B5. It is really special because it has the ability to penetrate deeply into the lower layers of the epidermis. Panthenol helps your skin retain moisture and helps to soothe irritated skin. A 1995 study by LH Leung showed that panthenol has antibacterial properties and a 2002 study in the American Journal of Clinical Dermatology indicated that panthenol is anti-inflammatory
- Vitamin E -- A gold standard in terms of antioxidant benefits, Vitamin E protects the skin and helps fight off free radical damage.
What's NOT in Good to Grow is just as important.
- Free of harsh surfactants like SLS
- Free of common allergens: Soy-free, Wheat/Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- No artificial colors or synthetic fragrance
- Cruelty-free (never tested on animals, never any ingredients sourced from animals)
Things that make you go "hmmm"
Have you ever looked at an ingredients label and just scratched your head because you are truly puzzled? I have. I want to show you something. I'd like you to see just what is in other body washes being sold for use on children.
Look at the ingredients list is from a very popular "bedtime" body wash.
Water (eau), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Glycerin, Laureth-4, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Mineral Oil (huile minérale), Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum
The above product is one of the best-selling products sold. Do you see beneficial ingredients? Do any stand out and make you think of healthy, plant-based ingredients?
The above product contains harsh cleansers, petrochemicals (mineral oil), two types of parabens, artificial fragrance. It also contains, interestingly, the main ingredient in nail glue, flash eyelash glue and those cute nail stickers -- acyrylates copolymer.
By comparison, here is Good to Grow Lavender Dreams Body Wash-
Water (Aqua), Coco-glucoside, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Lauroyl Lactalyte, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycol Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Gluconolactone (and) Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender Essential Oil ), and Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
While the "bedtime" formula from the big brand contains only an artificial lavender scent, ours contains 100% pure lavender essential oil.
Here is the ingredients label from a popular brand's "Naturals" line of children's skin care. This is from an orange body wash.
SODIUM TRIDECETH SULFATE
PEG-80 SORBITAN LAURATE
YELLOW 10/CI 47005
RED 4/CI 14700
Again, this listing goes along with a children's body wash. There are harsher cleansing agents, artificial colors, artificial fragrance, phenoxyethanol, and other questionable ingredients.
By comparison, here is Good to Grow Outrageous Orange Body Wash:
Water (Aqua), Coco-glucoside, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Lauroyl Lactalyte, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycol Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Gluconolactone (and) Sodium Benzoate, Citrus Sinensis (Orange Essential Oil), Citric Acid, and Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
As you can see, we offer healthy, good for you (and your little ones) ingredients. Our orange doesn't come from artificial scents and dyes -- you are getting 100% pure orange essential oil.
Whether you choose Fragrance Free, Lavender Dreams or Outrageous Orange, be confident in our better ingredients.
Did you know?
- If your little one has a hard time winding down and falling asleep at night, try the Lavender Dreams Body Wash. Not only is the scent of lavender relaxing, it may help your child fall asleep. According to a 2005 Wesleyan University study, the aroma of lavender can lessen the amount of time it takes to fall asleep. Additionally, it may help promote deeper sleep, according to the study.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Summer is officially here! After a long, very unusual spring, it is nice to get outside and relax in the summer sun.
I love the feeling of soaking up the rays, but sun smarts are essential for your skin.
The sun's UV rays can greatly impact the condition of the skin. While sitting with our faces toward the sun makes us feel so good, it is important to remember that we have to be vigilant about our sun care.
My 25 year background in skin care has shown me just how important protecting our skin from UVA and UVB rays truly is. I practice what I preach. I wear sunscreen. I moisturize. I remove my makeup at night.
I am human, though, and I make mistakes. Yesterday was one of those days. It was unusually hot here. I finished up my work after lunch and noticed that the outside temperature was 96 degrees. I was skimming the pool and made sure to put on more sunscreen before jumping in.
I was so comfortable just floating on my raft. Floating around just relaxing felt so good! I planned to be in the water for about an hour when my 14 year old jumped in. We had a blast playing baseball with a beach ball and pool noodle, making a whirlpool, and playing games. If you have a teenager, you will understand what a treat it is to enjoy one on one time just having fun with that child who normally would rather be doing something else. This extra time together during the pandemic has been a gift, because there is much more family time. We had so much fun — and before I knew it, I had been in the water for nearly three hours.
I was careful to reapply my sunscreen everywhere — but I neglected my back. And boy did I learn my lesson. I now have a blistering sunburn on about 40% of my back and it is incredibly painful. In addition to being concerned about the potential for lasting damage and cellular changes done to my skin, I am finding it hard to get comfortable. This was preventable, though.
I cannot change yesterday’s mistake, but I can help alleviate the pain and I thought I would share how you can, too, should you finding yourself in need of some sunburn relief.
What is Seed Aging Beautifully Face Serum?
Is it a serum? Is it an oil?
Well, this is an oil-based face serum. Seed Aging Beautifully Face Serum combines 100% plant-based ingredients - like Argan and Rosehip Seed Oil - to help seal in moisture without feeling heavy or greasy.
Our facial oil serum can be used alone or over your moisturizer. It features a blend of oils to hydrate, balance, and address skin concerns such as loss of elasticity, dullness or skin dryness. Oils tend to be protective, boost skin hydration, and can help tackle a loss of skin firmness. Depending on the oils used -- and this is the case with our oil blend -- it may even help those with oily and acne prone skin types.
Wait. Don't you put this on under a moisturizer?
Great question! Read on...