Let's talk about ingredients today, why don't we? With the super frigid temperatures this month and the snow and dryness from the heat, chances are likely that you have had to step up your moisturizing routine to include one that is a bit richer.
Not long ago, Seed launched the Extra Moisturizing Facial Cream to provide you with more hydration. There are many face creams on the market today, but how do they compare? We are taking a look at 3 others today. What may surprise you: the one that has the best in natural ingredients with a luxurious feel is also the lowest in cost!
1. The first one we are going to take a look at is the Skin Drink Moisturizer from Lush. Here are the ingredients:
Water (Aqua) Sesame Oil (Sesamum indicum) Rose Petal Infusion (Rosa centifolia) (Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract) Fresh Organic Avocado (Persea gratissima) Almond Oil(Prunus dulcis) Propylene Glycol Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) Stearic Acid (Stearic acid) Cetearyl Alcohol Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis) Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) Organic Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera Biennis) (Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil) Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara) Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) Triethanolamine *Geraniol *Farnesol *Limonene *Linalool *Citronellol Fragrance Methylparaben Propylparaben *Occurs naturally in essential oils
This cream that is promoted as a natural, wholesome product, contains multiple parabens, artificial fragrance, and propylene glycol.
Cost: $26.95 for 1.5 ounces ($17.97 per ounce)
2. The next cream we would like to look at is La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream, which is a cult favorite among Hollywood A-listers. Here are the ingredients:
Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Polysilicone-11, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water\Aqua\Eau, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt\Maris Sal\Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine Hcl, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Pca, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium Edta, Bht, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.
This cream contains artificial fragrance, BHT (toluene-based ingredient), multiple crude oil derivatives, hydrogenated vegetable oil (you know this as Crisco), polyquaternium-51 (a film forming polymer), urea (often animal derived), and many other less than stellar ingredients.
Cost: $315 for 2 ounces (or $157.50 per ounce)
3. Next up is the popular Philosophy Hope in a Jar. The ingredients list for this cream is as follows -- and it may surprise you!
Water, Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Retinyl Palmitate, Arginine, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta-Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.
This one shocked me too. I knew that it did not contain the best ingredients, but this really contains not much that is beneficial other than a bit of Panthenol (Vitamin B5) and Arginine. There is a bit of Lavender, too. The rest is a blend of parabens, formaldehyde-releasers, and silicones. There really are no true anti-aging or ingredients that will nourish and pamper the skin at all.
Cost: $39 for 2 ounces ($19.50 per ounce)
4. So just what is in Seed Extra Moisturizing Face Cream? I am really happy that you asked.
Aqua (Water), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ewax (vegetable based), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut Oil), Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Seed Extract, Behenyl Alcohol, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone, Hydrolyzed lupine protein, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) Ester, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Hyaluronic Acid
- Argan Oil is abundant in vitamins to improve skin elasticity, boasting triterpens, which aid in cell restructuring and can slow down the cell aging process
- D’Orientine S is a unique, patented wrinkle fighter derived from date palm extract. Seven natural compounds present in date palm work in synergy to improve skin appearance. This antioxidant powerhouse helps to reduce the look of visible of lines and wrinkles, helps improve barrier function, and is known for its skin regenerating properties.
- Abyssinian Seed Oil is rich in both Linoleic and Linolenic Acids, which are anti-inflammatory, skin conditioning, and cell regenerative. While it is highly moisturizing, it is fast absorbing and never sticky on the skin.
- Sunflower Seed Oil helps restore a healthy glow to the skin and gives it a plumper appearance. Plus, it may help to protect again harmful UV damage.
- Hydrolized Lupine Protein contains up to 45% of the all of the essential amino acids, making it ideal at fighting the signs of premature aging and offering skin rejuvenating benefits.
- Hyaluronic acid is like a thirst quencher for your skin! This special ingredient can hold 1000 times its weight in water (yes, you read that right) and gives skin a youthful radiance while being as light as a feather on the skin.
Cost: $34.95 for 2 ounces ($17.48 per ounce) - This is a special now at $29.95!