The Skin Care Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid may be one of the most misunderstood ingredients in skin care. When people see the word acid, they often associate it with a component of chemical exfoliants like alpha hydroxy or beta hydroxy acid. Do not let the word acid scare you. It's not what you think it is.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance with remarkable skin care benefits. In science-speak, it is a mucopolysaccharide, a carbohydrate, and a moisture-retaining molecule. This unique substance can hold 1,000 times its weight in water, allowing it to act as a moisture magnet.
10 skin care benefits of hyaluronic acid
- Skin replenishing, helping restore moisture to dry skin
- Provides weightless moisture, making it ideal for oily skin
- Calming, making it perfect for sensitive skin
- Provides antioxidant benefits, helping shield against environmental contaminants
- Revitalizes skin's outer layer, giving aging skin a plumper and more youthful appearance
- Helps draw and retain moisture, for a dewy glow
- Helps improve texture, making skin smoother and more supple
- May help smooth fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the eyes where skin lacks natural moisture
- Superior moisture-binding properties
- Maximizes collagen levels, helping skin look more youthful and vibrant
Who can use hyaluronic acid?
Everyone can use hyaluronic acid, even those with inflammatory skin conditions such as rosacea. In fact, it is often used topically in health care settings to treat wounds and skin ulcers. Whether you have the most oily type of skin or most dry, hyaluronic acid will offer a multitude of skin benefits to help your skin look and feel healthy and hydrated.
Find Hyaluronic Acid in Seed Extra Moisturizing Face Cream.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Yes, Seed Soft Balm is a luxury skin balm. While there are other luxury body balm products out there. they tend to feature long ingredients lists that include “everything but the kitchen skin” -- a long ingredients list doesn’t equate to a better product. It has a greater chance of causing skin reactions, and that is something we are very mindful of here at Seed.
There is a method to our madness. Have you ever noticed that "everything but the kitchen sink" approach to formulation that I mentioned above? When you look at labels, there are something more than 20 ingredients in a single product! More doesn't equal better. Actually, the truth is that when you throw in many different oils and botanicals, they can counteract each other's effects, reducing the benefits. We don't want that. They also are MUCH more likely to cause an allergic response.
What if we told you that we have been working so hard for a VERY long time (this is worth the wait!) to create a multitasking skin care treatment that is so decadent, packed with antioxidants, extracts, and is 100% pure plant-based LUXURY?
Rough. Parched. Dry. Cracked. Everyday, your skin takes a beating and is begging to be rescued. Introducing new Seed Soft Balm. Unlock the superpowers of seven (7!) butters and oils and get reacquainted with soft, healthy, pampered, supple skin.
Peace & Patchouli: Introducing our newest limited edition Body Lotion, featuring 100% natural patchouli essential oil.
Fun Facts About Patchouli
1. Centuries ago, European traders would exchange a pound of gold for a pound of patchouli.
2. Did you know that King Tut had 10 gallons of patchouli oil buried with him in his tomb?
3. Patchouli continues to be used as a remedy all over the world for...