The Skin Care Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid may be one of the most misunderstood ingredients in skin care. When people see the word acid, they often associate it with a component of chemical exfoliants like alpha hydroxy or beta hydroxy acid. Do not let the word acid scare you. It's not what you think it is.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance with remarkable skin care benefits. In science-speak, it is a mucopolysaccharide, a carbohydrate, and a moisture-retaining molecule. This unique substance can hold 1,000 times its weight in water, allowing it to act as a moisture magnet.
10 skin care benefits of hyaluronic acid
- Skin replenishing, helping restore moisture to dry skin
- Provides weightless moisture, making it ideal for oily skin
- Calming, making it perfect for sensitive skin
- Provides antioxidant benefits, helping shield against environmental contaminants
- Revitalizes skin's outer layer, giving aging skin a plumper and more youthful appearance
- Helps draw and retain moisture, for a dewy glow
- Helps improve texture, making skin smoother and more supple
- May help smooth fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the eyes where skin lacks natural moisture
- Superior moisture-binding properties
- Maximizes collagen levels, helping skin look more youthful and vibrant
Who can use hyaluronic acid?
Everyone can use hyaluronic acid, even those with inflammatory skin conditions such as rosacea. In fact, it is often used topically in health care settings to treat wounds and skin ulcers. Whether you have the most oily type of skin or most dry, hyaluronic acid will offer a multitude of skin benefits to help your skin look and feel healthy and hydrated.
Find Hyaluronic Acid in Seed Extra Moisturizing Face Cream.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Date palm extract is one of those treasures. We knew it needed to play a major role in our best-selling Seed Advanced Botanicals Extra Moisturizing Face Cream. Just what is date palm extract and why is it one of the best anti-aging ingredients available today? Let's learn more.
Today we're taking a look back at a common hand cream ingredient: dimethicone. This is silicone. Let’s learn a bit more.
Can you believe it is already the first full week of 2019? Me either!
I don't particularly care for New Year's Resolutions. Quite frankly, I believe in living each day one day at a time. I also believe that instead of trying to fix what we perceive as being flaws, we should resolve to treat ourselves more kindly. I do have some skin care and beauty resolutions that I would like to share with you, though.
1. Resolve to wash your face every single night before bed -- no exceptions.
Dermatologists recommend removing makeup each night for several reasons. First of all, if you do not remove your makeup, your pores will not have a chance to "breathe".
Your pores will become clogged with the ingredients in your makeup, no matter how natural it may be. The sebum will become trapped in your pores and you're risking a breakout. Leaving on eye makeup can cause other issues, such as redness, irritation, and even infection.
Environmental contaminants also lurk on the skin, so a gentle cleansing is in order.
You also may begin to look older if you do not remove your makeup at night. Why? Your skin cells regenerate at night at a faster rate than daytime. If your skin cannot breathe because of makeup left behind, the cell regeneration process won't be effective, making your skin look older over time.
Choose a gentle cleanser such as Seed Advanced Botanicals Daily Facial Cleanser.