The Skin Care Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid may be one of the most misunderstood ingredients in skin care. When people see the word acid, they often associate it with a component of chemical exfoliants like alpha hydroxy or beta hydroxy acid. Do not let the word acid scare you. It's not what you think it is.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance with remarkable skin care benefits. In science-speak, it is a mucopolysaccharide, a carbohydrate, and a moisture-retaining molecule. This unique substance can hold 1,000 times its weight in water, allowing it to act as a moisture magnet.
10 skin care benefits of hyaluronic acid
- Skin replenishing, helping restore moisture to dry skin
- Provides weightless moisture, making it ideal for oily skin
- Calming, making it perfect for sensitive skin
- Provides antioxidant benefits, helping shield against environmental contaminants
- Revitalizes skin's outer layer, giving aging skin a plumper and more youthful appearance
- Helps draw and retain moisture, for a dewy glow
- Helps improve texture, making skin smoother and more supple
- May help smooth fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the eyes where skin lacks natural moisture
- Superior moisture-binding properties
- Maximizes collagen levels, helping skin look more youthful and vibrant
Who can use hyaluronic acid?
Everyone can use hyaluronic acid, even those with inflammatory skin conditions such as rosacea. In fact, it is often used topically in health care settings to treat wounds and skin ulcers. Whether you have the most oily type of skin or most dry, hyaluronic acid will offer a multitude of skin benefits to help your skin look and feel healthy and hydrated.
Find Hyaluronic Acid in Seed Extra Moisturizing Face Cream.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
We're going to spotlight the special ingredients used in this serum so you can learn why each one was chosen to be used in our formulation.
This week's Ingredient Spotlight is on Kakadu Plum.
What is Kakadu Plum Extract?
Kakadu Plum (Terminalia Ferdinandiana) is a sour green fruit that is native to Australia. Small in size, this fruit contains 55 times more Vitamin C than an orange. While it is hard to fine, Kakadu Plum has been creating quite a buzz lately in the skin care industry because of its many benefits. It is safe to say that using Kakadu Plum is not just a passing fad. You'll be seeing a lot more of this ingredient as more and more solid research comes out.
This is a common question people have when seeking out a new facial moisturizer, especially those who have oily or combination skin. Back before people became more ingredients savvy, they heeded the advice "If you have oily skin, you have to choose oil-free products."
The truth, however, is that "oil-free" is
Let's call this one Face Washing for Beginners - or maybe Face Washing 101. Sound silly? On the surface, it likely sounds ridiculous, but the fact is that most people are not washing their face the right way.
The way that you wash your face has a direct impact on the appearance of your skin. We're here to share 5 tips for better face washing.