The Skin Care Benefits of Cucumber
It's all about cucumber today here on the Seed blog!
You may have noticed that we use this natural ingredient in our new Advanced Botanicals facial line.
Skin Benefits of Cucumber
Let's look at the three different cucumber-derived ingredients that we use.
- Cucumber Fruit Extract is found in our toner and moisturizer. Simply, it is the extract of the fruit of the cucumber. It is ideal for all skin types, as it has astringent properties, while being emollient and soothing. It nourishes and softens the skin. It is perfect for after-sun skin care, too. Rich in minerals, sulfur and potassium to provide myriad skin benefits!
- We also use Cucumber Distillate, which you'll find in our toner. Distillates are also known as hydrosols, floral waters or herbal waters. They possess the benefits of essential oils, but in a more diluted and less concentrated. Cucumber distillate helps to restore skin pH and is cooling, hydrating and astringent.
- Cucumber oil is present in our daily moisturizer. This oil is extracted from cucumber seeds and is excellent for topical use. This mild oil is known for its anti-aging benefits, skin soothing properties, astringent capabilities, and possible reduction in skin inflammation.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
We cannot believe that it's already the second week of December. While the calendar technically still says Autumn, your skin is likely showing the effects of winter temperatures.
With the changing seasons comes a need to adjust your skin care routine a bit.
Winter is the ideal time to repair and renew your skin. The long, hot summer temperatures -- and extra sun exposure that you experienced -- likely did a bit of damage to your skin, so now is your opportunity to do a bit of repair and prep your complexion for the winter months ahead.Here at Seed, we are sharing our expert tips for soft, healthy looking skin all winter long.
Still having a hard time finding the perfect gift for the holidays? No need to look any further, because our limited-edition Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream is just what you've been looking for.
It can be difficult choosing body care for people. Many people find scented products to be too strong. In fact, artificial fragrance is linked to everything from allergies and asthma to chronic headaches. Our body creams are scented only with 100% natural essential oils and are subtle and beautiful. There is something so very special about this particular body cream.
It's like a comforting cup of tea.
Not only is the formula pure luxury with its decadent, rich texture, but the ingredients sink right in to pamper even the driest of skin types. Enriched with sunflower seed oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, shea butter, antioxidant green tea, and more, our cream makes your skin feel as smooth as satin. Did we mention the aroma of the pure oils? It is honestly like a cup of herbal lemon ginger tea. It is comforting and warm, spicy and a bit tart. It is just stunning. Treat yourself -- or someone you love -- to Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream from Seed.
Did you know that this cold, dry winter weather can have a major impact on your skin care routine? Our friends near the Great Lakes are seeing significant amounts of snowfall. My friend Lauren in West Seneca, New York has more than five FEET of snow. Let’s take a look at the low humidity and frigid temperatures affect your skin.
Itchiness and a tight feeling are common skin issues related to dry air, but there are some skin care tips you can use to help tackle the problem.
- Be gentle on your skin. When you dry off after bathing, be sure to pat your skin dry. Don’t rub.
- Always follow your shower or bath with a rich cream layered over body oil.
- Look for cream formulations instead of lotions and fluids for facial hydration.
- Avoid ingredients such as alcohol and sulfates, which will cause more dryness.