The Monthly Roundup: What's trending in industry news?
It's the beginning of a new month (August already?) and I am looking back at trending stories of interest on the subjects of beauty, skin care, health and wellness, aromatherapy, and more.
Let's take a look at a few topics creating an industry buzz, why don't we?
- The San Francisco Chronicle recently published a piece on the many benefits of lemon-scented essential oils, more specifically Lemongrass and Lemon Balm. We are thrilled to see this, as we already offer products with Lemongrass, and VERY shortly, there will be something new coming your way with Lemon Balm. Among the benefits discussed: helping to ease digestive woes, anxiety, sleep issues, sore throats, and more.
- Are you using a facial toner? If not, you should be! This was a skin care topic on the TODAY show website. In fact, New York dermatologist Dr. Hadley King says that the "secret weapon to healthy skin" is toner. Why? Despite it being an often overlooked step in one's facial care routine, the benefits of using a toner include balancing skin pH, helping to reduce the appearance of pores, adding hydration, and leaving skin looking and feeling refreshed. Do you have a favorite toner? It's something we'll soon be talking more about here at Seed Body Care.
- CNN reports on a new tech trend: mindfulness apps such as Topdeck Move and Buddhify. We all know that being more mindful is a good thing. It helps you be more present in the moment and may help you feel a greater sense of inner peace. There are new mobile apps that you can download to help you feel more mindful. How do they work? If you feel you need a "time out" to feel a bit more zen, the apps offer everything from daily meditation to journaling activities, along with soothing music and calming voices. Have you used a mindfulness app? What did you think of it?
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
What if we told you that we have been working so hard for a VERY long time (this is worth the wait!) to create a multitasking skin care treatment that is so decadent, packed with antioxidants, extracts, and is 100% pure plant-based LUXURY?
Rough. Parched. Dry. Cracked. Everyday, your skin takes a beating and is begging to be rescued. Introducing new Seed Soft Balm. Unlock the superpowers of seven (7!) butters and oils and get reacquainted with soft, healthy, pampered, supple skin.
Peace & Patchouli: Introducing our newest limited edition Body Lotion, featuring 100% natural patchouli essential oil.
Fun Facts About Patchouli
1. Centuries ago, European traders would exchange a pound of gold for a pound of patchouli.
2. Did you know that King Tut had 10 gallons of patchouli oil buried with him in his tomb?
3. Patchouli continues to be used as a remedy all over the world for...
College students, let us help you establish a healthy skin care and wellness routine.
We've all heard about the "Freshman 15." I gained about 7 pounds freshman year. I can tell you that I had many choices in the dining hall, but my mom wasn't there to make sure I ate my fruits and veggies. I loaded up on macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. I drank soda pop instead of water. I made Pop Tarts in my dorm room and ordered pizza regularly. Eat as many fresh, whole foods as you can and drink lots of water. Your skin will benefit from this. I recommend eating lots of