Sunflower Week continues here at Seed. Today, we're talking about the myriad benefits of Sunflower Seed Oil.
Why are we talking so much this week about Sunflower Seed Oil? Well, in addition to it being found in many Seed products, this ingredient plays a major role in the performance of our BRAND NEW facial skin care line, Seed Advanced Botanicals.
Skin and Beauty Benefits of Sunflower Seed Oil
Sunflower seeds contain large amounts of Vitamin E, which is a potent antioxidant. We talked about antioxidants before — these play the role of skin care superheroes, working to fight against free radical damage. They are also rich is something called Sesamol, which is another antioxidant with the ability to help minimize sun damage. Oleic acid (an essential fatty acid) and Phytosterols are present too. These help plump the skin, which gives it a glowing, healthy look. You will also find Vitamins A & K in sunflower seed oil.
Other Skin Care Benefits:
- Helps skin to regenerate & heal
- Improves skin appearance
- Helps improve barrier function
- May help protect against UV damage
Seed Advanced Botanicals Daily Cleanser -- Our luxurious facial cleanser is nourishing and is a feel-good, do-good cleanser! It cleanses as it softens and contains antioxidant-rich sunflower, calming aloe, and silky shea butter.
Choose from Fragrance Free (for very sensitive skin), or choose our formulas with 100% pure essential oils of Lemon & Grapefruit (for brightening), Lemongrass & Rosemary (for combo/oily skin), and Palmarosa (for dryer skin types).
Seed Advanced Botanicals Daily Facial Moisturizer -- You are going to love the way your skin looks and feels. You CAN have anti-aging benefits and stellar ingredients now with Seed. Our new facial moisturizer features a unique blend of nature’s most effective ingredients. Experience truly healthy, glowing skin thanks to the power of antioxidant-rich sunflower, nutrient-rich kelp, soothing cucumber, and firming niacinamide.
Choose from Fragrance Free (for very sensitive skin), or choose our formulas with 100% pure essential oils of Lemon & Grapefruit (to brighten dull skin), Lemongrass & Rosemary (for combo/oily skin), and Palmarosa (for dryer skin types).
Health Benefits of Sunflower Seed Oil
- Helps reduces stress — Did you know that sunflower seeds actually contain tryptophan? We know this is in our Thanksgiving turkey, but it’s also present in sunflower seeds. Tryptophan is an amino acid and it can help to produce serotonin, which we know can help to relieve tension and calm the nerves.
- Helps the cardiovascular system — Just 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds can give you 90% of your daily requirement of Vitamin E. This vitamin neutralizes free radicals and can help prevent them from oxidizing cholesterol. If cholesterol is not oxidized, it cannot stick to arteries and build up.
- Helps the bones — Magensium works to help strengthen your bones, much like calcium. Copper is present, too, which helps with the synthesis of collagen and elastin. Not only is this good for your skin, but it helps with the joints. And the Vitamin E found in sunflower seeds actually can help to provide an anti-inflammatory benefit to help with arthritis.