Coconut Oil -- This natural ingredient has been getting lots of press lately for claims of its ability to do everything from repairing split ends and treating Candida to preventing belly fat. Why the hype?
Today, we're taking a look at the many benefits of coconut oil for skin. A favorite ingredient of holistic health practitioners, coconut oil offers many skin care benefits.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the skin. It is composed of saturated fats. In skin care, these fats help the skin retain moisture and create a supple feel.
- Coconut oil protects, too. Abundant in Vitamin E, coconut oil contains antioxidant properties. Applying coconut oil may help fight environmental damage.
- Coconut oil may offer some anti-aging benefits. Many believe that coconut oil is an effective anti-aging ingredient. In regions where coconuts are readily available, natives use the oil as an all-natural wrinkle fighting cream. In fact, it is often the only skin care product used.
- Coconut oil is also rich in protein, which may aid in tissue repair and improve cellular health.
- Many people with eczema say that coconut oil helps to combat the itching associated with this skin condition.
There are many ways to incorporate coconut oil into your beauty routine. In fact, you will find it in almost all of our Seed Face and Body Care products because we appreciate its many benefits!
Helpful Tip from Seed:
When you are product shopping and reading the labels, it may say Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride instead of the words "Coconut Oil."