The Many Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil -- This natural ingredient has been getting lots of press lately for claims of its ability to do everything from repairing split ends and treating Candida to preventing belly fat. Why the hype?
Today, we're taking a look at the many benefits of coconut oil for skin. A favorite ingredient of holistic health practitioners, coconut oil offers many skin care benefits.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the skin. It is composed of saturated fats. In skin care, these fats help the skin retain moisture and create a supple feel.
- Coconut oil protects, too. Abundant in Vitamin E, coconut oil contains antioxidant properties. Applying coconut oil may help fight environmental damage.
- Coconut oil may offer some anti-aging benefits. Many believe that coconut oil is an effective anti-aging ingredient. In regions where coconuts are readily available, natives use the oil as an all-natural wrinkle fighting cream. In fact, it is often the only skin care product used.
- Coconut oil is also rich in protein, which may aid in tissue repair and improve cellular health.
- Many people with eczema say that coconut oil helps to combat the itching associated with this skin condition.
There are many ways to incorporate coconut oil into your beauty routine. In fact, you will find it in almost all of our Seed Face and Body Care products because we appreciate its many benefits!
Helpful Tip from Seed:
When you are product shopping and reading the labels, it may say Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride instead of the words "Coconut Oil."
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
We cannot believe that it's already the third week of January! Yes, it is snowy and cold. The heat is always running and it definitely can wreak havoc on the skin.
Winter is the ideal time to repair and renew your skin, though. The long, hot summer temperatures -- and extra sun exposure that you experienced -- likely did a bit of damage to your skin, so now is your opportunity to do a bit of repair and restoration.
Here at Seed, we are sharing our expert tips for soft, healthy looking skin all winter long.
Essential oils continue to become more and more popular -- and with more science behind the benefits. Today, we are going to enjoy an in-depth look at Patchouli Essential Oil.
Patchouli (Pogostemon Cablin) is distilled from patchouli leaves and features an earthy, warm, musky aroma. You may even detect some light fruit notes from this oil. This is one of those oils that people either tend to love or hate when used on its own. Even people who swear that they could never enjoy its distinctive scent may find that become fans when blended with other oils! Plus, there are so many health and skin care benefits that you will not want to overlook this one.
Argan oil is one of the most promising -- and most proven -- ingredients in skin care. While it is not a new ingredient, it is an important one which has stood the test of time.
Today we're sharing 5 key benefits of this oil. Although it is not as well known as coconut oil or jojoba oil, argan is truly a special oil.
Argan oil, found in both Seed Soft Balm and Seed Advanced Botanicals Extra Moisturizing Face Cream, contains more antioxidant and cell regenerative properties than olive oil, grape seed oil and avocado oil combined.