The Many Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil -- This natural ingredient has been getting lots of press lately for claims of its ability to do everything from repairing split ends and treating Candida to preventing belly fat. Why the hype?
Today, we're taking a look at the many benefits of coconut oil for skin. A favorite ingredient of holistic health practitioners, coconut oil offers many skin care benefits.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the skin. It is composed of saturated fats. In skin care, these fats help the skin retain moisture and create a supple feel.
- Coconut oil protects, too. Abundant in Vitamin E, coconut oil contains antioxidant properties. Applying coconut oil may help fight environmental damage.
- Coconut oil may offer some anti-aging benefits. Many believe that coconut oil is an effective anti-aging ingredient. In regions where coconuts are readily available, natives use the oil as an all-natural wrinkle fighting cream. In fact, it is often the only skin care product used.
- Coconut oil is also rich in protein, which may aid in tissue repair and improve cellular health.
- Many people with eczema say that coconut oil helps to combat the itching associated with this skin condition.
There are many ways to incorporate coconut oil into your beauty routine. In fact, you will find it in almost all of our Seed Face and Body Care products because we appreciate its many benefits!
Helpful Tip from Seed:
When you are product shopping and reading the labels, it may say Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride instead of the words "Coconut Oil."
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
Black Cumin Seed Oil is an ingredient used in skin care that is unfamiliar to many. We like to think of it as an unsung hero. Just what is Black Cumin Seed Oil and why is it so beneficial for the skin?
Let's learn more:
Black Cumin Seed Oil, or Nigella sativa, is rich in history. Used in skin care for thousands of years, it is believed that both Cleopatra and Nefertiti used the seeds in their bath water. In fact, it is said that this ingredient has been used by royalty as a natural skin care remedy for over 4000 years!
Black Cumin Seed Oil is an elixir for red and irritated skin. Known for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits, Black Cumin Seed Oil is a magical skin care oil that can be used on every skin type.
College students, let us help you establish a healthy skin care and wellness routine.
We've all heard about the "Freshman 15." I gained about 7 pounds freshman year. I can tell you that I had many choices in the dining hall, but my mom wasn't there to make sure I ate my fruits and veggies. I loaded up on macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. I drank soda pop instead of water. I made Pop Tarts in my dorm room and ordered pizza regularly. Eat as many fresh, whole foods as you can and drink lots of water. Your skin will benefit from this. I recommend eating lots of
If you are on the quest for healthy looking skin, this ingredient needs to be in your skin care arsenal.
Niacinamide, or Vitamin B3 (also called Nicotinic Acid) offers multiple benefits to the skin. It can help to visibly diminish the appearance of large pores, fine lines, skin dullness, and also helps to even out skin tone.
There is solid research supporting the benefits of Niacinamide.This skin vitamin is one that truly benefits nearly every skin type. Other recent research published by the editors of the Melanoma Letter suggests that niacinamide "can significantly reduce recurrences of actinic keratosis, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma in patients with a history of these lesions."