The Many Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil -- This natural ingredient has been getting lots of press lately for claims of its ability to do everything from repairing split ends and treating Candida to preventing belly fat. Why the hype?
Today, we're taking a look at the many benefits of coconut oil for skin. A favorite ingredient of holistic health practitioners, coconut oil offers many skin care benefits.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the skin. It is composed of saturated fats. In skin care, these fats help the skin retain moisture and create a supple feel.
- Coconut oil protects, too. Abundant in Vitamin E, coconut oil contains antioxidant properties. Applying coconut oil may help fight environmental damage.
- Coconut oil may offer some anti-aging benefits. Many believe that coconut oil is an effective anti-aging ingredient. In regions where coconuts are readily available, natives use the oil as an all-natural wrinkle fighting cream. In fact, it is often the only skin care product used.
- Coconut oil is also rich in protein, which may aid in tissue repair and improve cellular health.
- Many people with eczema say that coconut oil helps to combat the itching associated with this skin condition.
There are many ways to incorporate coconut oil into your beauty routine. In fact, you will find it in almost all of our Seed Face and Body Care products because we appreciate its many benefits!
Helpful Tip from Seed:
When you are product shopping and reading the labels, it may say Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride instead of the words "Coconut Oil."
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
The industry is constantly evolving and we like to share what captures our attention. Once a month, we are looking back at trending stories of interest on the subjects of beauty, skin care, health and wellness, aromatherapy, and more.
New science behind the benefits of lavender essential oil
Prevention recently published an article featuring the many benefits of lavender essential oil -- each claim backed by science. We've long been enamored with the relaxing effects of lavender and it is so promising to see research supporting the plant's myriad benefits, from alleviating the itch of bug bites to soothing the side effects of PMS.
There are many clear lip gloss options on the market today. Knowing which clear lip gloss is best for you, though, can be difficult when there are so many choices. We are here to take the guesswork out of shopping for a colorless gloss.
If your only goal is to have some shine on your lips, then pretty much any lip gloss will likely suit your needs. If you are concerned about ingredients and actual benefits, though, taking a look at the differences is important.
There are many cheap lip gloss options, especially when it comes to clear gloss
If you are on the quest for healthy looking skin, this ingredient needs to be in your skin care arsenal.
Niacinamide, or Vitamin B3 (also called Nicotinic Acid) offers multiple benefits to the skin. It can help to visibly diminish the appearance of large pores, fine lines, skin dullness, and also helps to even out skin tone.
There is solid research supporting the benefits of Niacinamide.This skin vitamin is one that truly benefits nearly every skin type. Other recent research published by the editors of the Melanoma Letter suggests that niacinamide "can significantly reduce recurrences of actinic keratosis, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma in patients with a history of these lesions."