The Many Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil -- This natural ingredient has been getting lots of press lately for claims of its ability to do everything from repairing split ends and treating Candida to preventing belly fat. Why the hype?
Today, we're taking a look at the many benefits of coconut oil for skin. A favorite ingredient of holistic health practitioners, coconut oil offers many skin care benefits.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the skin. It is composed of saturated fats. In skin care, these fats help the skin retain moisture and create a supple feel.
- Coconut oil protects, too. Abundant in Vitamin E, coconut oil contains antioxidant properties. Applying coconut oil may help fight environmental damage.
- Coconut oil may offer some anti-aging benefits. Many believe that coconut oil is an effective anti-aging ingredient. In regions where coconuts are readily available, natives use the oil as an all-natural wrinkle fighting cream. In fact, it is often the only skin care product used.
- Coconut oil is also rich in protein, which may aid in tissue repair and improve cellular health.
- Many people with eczema say that coconut oil helps to combat the itching associated with this skin condition.
There are many ways to incorporate coconut oil into your beauty routine. In fact, you will find it in almost all of our Seed Face and Body Care products because we appreciate its many benefits!
Helpful Tip from Seed:
When you are product shopping and reading the labels, it may say Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride instead of the words "Coconut Oil."
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
We cannot believe that it's already the second week of December. While the calendar technically still says Autumn, your skin is likely showing the effects of winter temperatures.
With the changing seasons comes a need to adjust your skin care routine a bit.
Winter is the ideal time to repair and renew your skin. The long, hot summer temperatures -- and extra sun exposure that you experienced -- likely did a bit of damage to your skin, so now is your opportunity to do a bit of repair and prep your complexion for the winter months ahead.Here at Seed, we are sharing our expert tips for soft, healthy looking skin all winter long.
Still having a hard time finding the perfect gift for the holidays? No need to look any further, because our limited-edition Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream is just what you've been looking for.
It can be difficult choosing body care for people. Many people find scented products to be too strong. In fact, artificial fragrance is linked to everything from allergies and asthma to chronic headaches. Our body creams are scented only with 100% natural essential oils and are subtle and beautiful. There is something so very special about this particular body cream.
It's like a comforting cup of tea.
Not only is the formula pure luxury with its decadent, rich texture, but the ingredients sink right in to pamper even the driest of skin types. Enriched with sunflower seed oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, shea butter, antioxidant green tea, and more, our cream makes your skin feel as smooth as satin. Did we mention the aroma of the pure oils? It is honestly like a cup of herbal lemon ginger tea. It is comforting and warm, spicy and a bit tart. It is just stunning. Treat yourself -- or someone you love -- to Luxe Lemon Ginger Body Cream from Seed.
Did you know that this cold, dry winter weather can have a major impact on your skin care routine? Our friends near the Great Lakes are seeing significant amounts of snowfall. My friend Lauren in West Seneca, New York has more than five FEET of snow. Let’s take a look at the low humidity and frigid temperatures affect your skin.
Itchiness and a tight feeling are common skin issues related to dry air, but there are some skin care tips you can use to help tackle the problem.
- Be gentle on your skin. When you dry off after bathing, be sure to pat your skin dry. Don’t rub.
- Always follow your shower or bath with a rich cream layered over body oil.
- Look for cream formulations instead of lotions and fluids for facial hydration.
- Avoid ingredients such as alcohol and sulfates, which will cause more dryness.