It's Sunflower Week here at Seed, and we're sharing some fun information about sunflowers today and Thursday here on the blog.
Sunflowers are actually my most favorite flowers of all time. I have them growing in my garden and I also have them scattered around my home and out on the patio in vases and planters. To me, they signify pure happiness and profound joy! When I see them, I automatically smile.
Today, I'd like to share a bit about the actual flower itself -- we'll look at the symbolism and learn more about what the flower represents. Aren't sunflowers gorgeous? No wonder I do my writing out on my patio where I can look at them each day!
5 Fun Facts About Sunflowers
- Sunflowers are a member of the daisy family.
- Sunflowers are believed to have originated in the year 1000 BC.
- Sunflowers were a popular flower to paint in the Impressionist era.
- Sunflowers are often sourced for seeds and oils. Yes, you will find sunflower seed oil in many of our products here at Seed!
- Sunflowers symbolize honesty, adoration, longevity, and loyalty.
Plus, sunflowers can benefit the skin. You'll be hearing quite a bit in the coming days about our BRAND NEW facial line, Seed Advanced Botanicals. Our new Daily Cleanser and Daily Moisturizer both are made with antioxidant-rich sunflower oil, among other healthy, good for your skin ingredients.