Summer Skin Care Tips from Seed
Is your skin ready for summer?
Let's have a show of hands. How many of you are truly ready to bare your arms and legs in sundresses, shorts & tank tops?
Did you ignore your skin a bit when it was covered by your cardigan and hidden under pants?
We get it! We've been there. It is not too late.
Our favorite summer skin care tips:
1. Exfoliate with a gentle sea salt or turbinado sugar scrub to get rid of the dead skin cells that are giving your skin a dull, ashy look.
2. Cleanse with a gentle, sulfate free body wash. Why? Sodium lauryl and sodium laureth sulfate are both harsh surfactants -- cleansing agents -- that can dry and strip the skin of essential moisture. Choose a natural body wash such as Seed Gentle Body Wash, which is creamy and nourishing to the skin.
3. On damp skin, spritz on our body oil mist when you step out of the shower. Gently massage in. Never greasy and quick absorbing, Seed Body Oil Mist leaves your skin feeling silky and smooth.
4. Follow with Seed Body Cream for extra quenched skin. Our cream is rich and a bit heavier, yet non-greasy. If you prefer a bit less moisture and a pump bottle, opt for the Seed Grape Seed Enriched Body Lotion.
Your skin will look dewy, healthy & radiant!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Lately I've been paying more attention
What is Seed Aging Beautifully Face Serum?
Is it a serum? Is it an oil?
Well, this is an oil-based face serum. Seed Aging Beautifully Face Serum combines 100% plant-based ingredients - like Argan and Rosehip Seed Oil - to help seal in moisture without feeling heavy or greasy.
Our facial oil serum can be used alone or over your moisturizer. It features a blend of oils to hydrate, balance, and address skin concerns such as loss of elasticity, dullness or skin dryness. Oils tend to be protective, boost skin hydration, and can help tackle a loss of skin firmness. Depending on the oils used -- and this is the case with our oil blend -- it may even help those with oily and acne prone skin types.
Wait. Don't you put this on under a moisturizer?
Great question! Read on...
Hemp Seed Oil (Cannabis Sativa) is derived from the seeds of the hemp plant.This cannabis plant is cultivated for non-drug use and has no psychoactive effects. In other words, NO, you can't get high on Hemp Seed Oil.
- Hemp Seed Oil is hydrating, thanks to its abundance of omega fatty acids, including omegas 3, 6, and 9, all of which have benefits -- from being anti-inflammatory to being skin protective.
- Hemp Seed Oil is skin soothing and helps reduce redness and inflammation and is gentle enough for sensitive skin types.
- Hemp Seed Oil is also a beneficial oil for those with acne prone skin
Did you know that having a skin care ritual is one way to engage in self care?
According to Houston dermatologist Dr. Reena Jogi, “When you do a skin care routine, you’re usually alone, in your bathroom or somewhere quiet, and it’s just you and the mirror. There’s something slightly meditative about just sitting there and taking that 10 minutes just for you.”
We've talked about the skin care benefits of having a consistent routine here on the blog before, but that actual routine has far greater benefits that reach beyond a glowing complexion.